Season Ticket Prices...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

the £199 ticket alone hasn't worked though, has it? So if we simply do it again, why expect it to produce any different results?
Diggerthedog

Sutton were averaging 500 just 2 season ago £99 season ticket at the right time (promotion) and low and behold they are getting 3 times as much in attendance. I believe we have around 800 season ticket holders and at £99 Sutton are making more money than we are charging double for half the amount of people. Those people will come and spend money also. If we got promoted we should have run such a scheme.

The match day price needs to drop to £15 all areas next season for adults and £5 for kids. Anymore and our numbers will not increase. Match day prices I have paid for away games is spot on, £15 most games.
Adrian

Has it not worked? What was its objective?

The club can do any manner of offers and advertising, but ultimately it will still be a small club in an area where a growing number of the locals aren't really local and so have no real interest in it.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:Sutton were averaging 500 just 2 season ago £99 season ticket at the right time (promotion) and low and behold they are getting 3 times as much in attendance. I believe we have around 800 season ticket holders and at £99 Sutton are making more money than we are charging double for half the amount of people. Those people will come and spend money also. If we got promoted we should have run such a scheme.

The match day price needs to drop to £15 all areas next season for adults and £5 for kids. Anymore and our numbers will not increase. Match day prices I have paid for away games is spot on, £15 most games.
This seasons average attendances suggest that Sutton are getting around 300 more than us.
Two years a go they were in a lower divisions and this reason they've benefitted from their cup runs which would have drawn in people as well.
If we halve the advanced season ticket prices then we will have to sell twice as many just to get the same return.
That doesn't allow for the loss of revenue from people that don't get to enough games to justify a season ticket at £200 but would get one at £100.
Alan

Adrian wrote:Has it not worked? What was its objective?

The club can do any manner of offers and advertising, but ultimately it will still be a small club in an area where a growing number of the locals aren't really local and so have no real interest in it.
In the sense that it did not increase revenue from season ticket sales or attendances. Do you seriously believe there is nothing we can do increase attendances?
ARNU

I think Adrian is right ( boy that was hard ). The only thing we can do to expand spectator numbers is win and be successful. In league 1 and in our successful lg2 seasons our games were double the attendance they are now.

I can think of loads of ways to increase gates for a one off game but I can't really offer any ideas for long term . The answer is on the pitch. I've blown out a game or 2 when we were having a shit run and I'd already paid.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

So you don't think the club could do a single marketing initiative that would increase attendances? I'm not talking about an overnight increase to 2,000, I'm talking about 150-200 at first.
NBDag

A good way surely is to reach out to all of the different schools within B&D, Havering and elsewhere. Don't give them free tickets but allow them to buy tickets directly from their school for a couple of quid for 2/3 games. By that time, providing the atmosphere and results have been good they will probably start to come over more. So many kids around here support teams they never go and see, if the club can get through to them that football isn't a TV show then hopefully more will be willing to come over and watch, even if its just as a "second team". Our club is easy to get to with loads of people surrounding it, even if you discount the immigrants who supposedly already have all their Saturday afternoons fully-booked. Local(ish) Premier League clubs like Arsenal and West Ham both have very unhappy fans right now and this is the perfect time for us to try and reach out to them. Attract outside fans to the playoff match, incentivise them to turn their playoff ticket into either a season ticket or free admission to the first game of next season, and start sending flyers into schools telling them that live (and hopefully what will become cheap) football is on their doorstep. Hopefully someone from the club *cough* Dagger Newbie *cough* is paying attention to everyone's ideas here. We are the customers and we know what gets us through the doors.
ARNU

Alan wrote:So you don't think the club could do a single marketing initiative that would increase attendances? I'm not talking about an overnight increase to 2,000, I'm talking about 150-200 at first.
You could do things that are not cost effective. Give tickets away/ charge a fiver a ticket etc, but as soon as you put the price up to normal ,people won't come. Look at the anti race game we have every year. The following game gates back to normal. The club has to survive financially so it can't keep giving stuff away.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

But there must be something. The efforts at the anti racism game beyond reducing ticket prices consists of a steel band and a bouncy castle.

Glyn Hopkin turns over £450,000,000 a year, so hopefully has a few ideas on marketing!
Adrian

NBDag wrote:A good way surely is to reach out to all of the different schools within B&D, Havering and elsewhere. Don't give them free tickets but allow them to buy tickets directly from their school for a couple of quid for 2/3 games. By that time, providing the atmosphere and results have been good they will probably start to come over more. So many kids around here support teams they never go and see, if the club can get through to them that football isn't a TV show then hopefully more will be willing to come over and watch, even if its just as a "second team". Our club is easy to get to with loads of people surrounding it, even if you discount the immigrants who supposedly already have all their Saturday afternoons fully-booked. Local(ish) Premier League clubs like Arsenal and West Ham both have very unhappy fans right now and this is the perfect time for us to try and reach out to them. Attract outside fans to the playoff match, incentivise them to turn their playoff ticket into either a season ticket or free admission to the first game of next season, and start sending flyers into schools telling them that live (and hopefully what will become cheap) football is on their doorstep. Hopefully someone from the club *cough* Dagger Newbie *cough* is paying attention to everyone's ideas here. We are the customers and we know what gets us through the doors.
The school thing has been done. Kids want to support the big clubs that their mates support. They're not interested in the local club just because its local - they want one of the top 20.
And you're relying on schools to give out flyers in the first place.
NBDag

Well I'd completely disagree with that. Not seeing regular football was exactly what got me over here in the first place about 9 seasons ago, when I considered myself an Arsenal fan. Being able to come with my mates and/or dad was what kept me coming. Bet if you speak to most people that came here as kids would say the same. Getting through to them is just the hard bit.

Don't know when you was last in a school, but they'll hand out flyers for almost anything. Something that benefits their students and encourages them to do something on weekends aside from sitting on their arse is something they'll be happy to stuff into registers. Flyers may not necessarily be the right way to go about it, but kids are definitely the best way to build up a long term following.
Adrian

NBDag wrote:Well I'd completely disagree with that. Not seeing regular football was exactly what got me over here in the first place about 9 seasons ago, when I considered myself an Arsenal fan. Being able to come with my mates and/or dad was what kept me coming. Bet if you speak to most people that came here as kids would say the same. Getting through to them is just the hard bit.

Don't know when you was last in a school, but they'll hand out flyers for almost anything. Something that benefits their students and encourages them to do something on weekends aside from sitting on their arse is something they'll be happy to stuff into registers. Flyers may not necessarily be the right way to go about it, but kids are definitely the best way to build up a long term following.
I don't know when you last contacted a school to ask them to hand out flyers. I did it a few months a go with a load of Dagenham primary schools and didn't even get a "No thanks".
NBDag

Adrian wrote:
NBDag wrote:Well I'd completely disagree with that. Not seeing regular football was exactly what got me over here in the first place about 9 seasons ago, when I considered myself an Arsenal fan. Being able to come with my mates and/or dad was what kept me coming. Bet if you speak to most people that came here as kids would say the same. Getting through to them is just the hard bit.

I don't know when you last contacted a school to ask them to hand out flyers. I did it a few months a go with a load of Dagenham primary schools and didn't even get a "No thanks".
Well with all due respect, you might not have as much influence on them as the local football club trying to give kids a worthwhile hobby. But I didn't write my initial idea with the intention of getting your approval. Different people respond to different initiatives and I know what I said would work with people like me. It's up to the club to decide what they think, if anything, is worthwhile doing.
mickeyblue

Adrian wrote:

as in eastbrook and hunters hall schools?
but we finished 9th!