Gary Watson- ex dagenham Kit Man

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

blimey didn't expect that, one of the nicest fellas you could meet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... or-10.html
RampantDuke

Like many social media posts it probably sounded really funny in his head but looks awful in black and white. Not a nice situation for either party.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

Calling a disabled kid or any kid a c**t is a moronic thing to do. He absolutely should lose his job. But I'm sure n this day and age I'm wrong again !

People think they can just say any old shit online.
Moron and he knows it..

Oh and kitman.... that ain't a proper job is it ? What's that entail? Washing a few dirty kits and pegging them up in order. When they sack him what will he do for that hour it takes? I spose he'll have to pay to watch footy in future.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Don Beech 3

ARNU wrote: Oh and kitman.... that ain't a proper job is it ? What's that entail? Washing a few dirty kits and pegging them up in order. When they sack him what will he do for that hour it takes? I spose he'll have to pay to watch footy in future.
Probably right but I always remember when the great Bill did his article in the telegraph and seemed a lot more than what I thought - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... dmans.html
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Calling a disabled kid or any kid a c**t is a moronic thing to do. He absolutely should lose his job. But I'm sure n this day and age I'm wrong again !

People think they can just say any old shit online.
Moron and he knows it..

Oh and kitman.... that ain't a proper job is it ? What's that entail? Washing a few dirty kits and pegging them up in order. When they sack him what will he do for that hour it takes? I spose he'll have to pay to watch footy in future.
I agree 100% with your first three parts actually Arnu
ARNU

I don't actually know what's involved being a kitman but I really can't see it being that hard or time consuming. I'd get rid of all kitman. Spend the money on something more important.Buy a couple of washing machines and tumble dryers and let the footballers clean their own sweaty pants. It ain't that hard. Anyone who ever used a washing machine will tell you how easy they are to use. Those of you still at home with your mum won't have a clue and will probably insult me for daring to mention it. It ain't difficult.
NickMurphy

I think a kitman's responsibilities do actually extend further than 'washing the kit' in this day and age.
ARNU

Go on , educate me.
Given he washes ,drys and possibly irons the kit and pegs it up what else did I miss ?

What's the difficult bit that the footballer is too stupid to work out ?

White kit away red kit home don't forget ya jockstrap. Lol !
NickMurphy

ARNU wrote:Go on , educate me.
Given he washes ,drys and possibly irons the kit and pegs it up what else did I miss ?

What's the difficult bit that the footballer is too stupid to work out ?

White kit away red kit home don't forget ya jockstrap. Lol !
I haven't got the specifics haha! I was listening to a podcast the other day and they stumbled onto the topic after the Gillingham kitman was sacked for...er...forgetting the kit. They had a look online as they were discussing this issue and came across an advert for the kitman at Stevenage I think from a couple of years ago which listed about 20-25 key responsibilities.

If you search it I'm sure you'll find it :D
ARNU

1.... Buy some Daz
2.....Put dirty kit in washing machine( don't put away kit in with home kit or away kit will go pink.)
3.....Select medium heat wash turn on washing machine
4......Remove washing and put in tumble dryer for 40 mins.
5......Iron kit and hang on peg.
6.....,er........,,,no you got me, go home lock up call disabled kid a c*** on the internet .
mickeyblue

tumble drier. hmmm yep then the academy can wear it following session.
kit man is responsible for kit for all sides. i.e. academy.
sitting out numbers names. keeping changing rooms clean err. and be able to stock check.
the missus is applying even tho she always managed to ruin my top
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

I can't see how it's anything other than a part time roll for someone with a bit of launderette experience. If it was washing 800 kits a week maybe I'd be convinced.
I've seen those women who work in a launderette and they work their nuts off, that is a proper job. I don't think Daggers kitman is anywhere near that level of difficulty.

Good luck to your Mrs Mickyblue by the way.