Must watch

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SLDagger

You'll never guess who's on soccer am tomorrow morning...... (Yes it is tamplin and billericay)
TommyD&R

It's for the section with Jimmy Bullard, who funnily enough is manager in the same league. Usually the coach sets out a drill for one of his players to go up against Bullard but because it's Tamplin he takes on Bullard himself from what I've seen. He's really doing a good job of making everything about himself!
Voice of reason

I wonder what the late, great Peter Cook would have made of this?
Beyond parody
Alan

No matter what anyone thinks about him and this circus, he's put his money where his mouth is, the results have improved with him as manager (though they should with the players he has signed), their gates are massively increased and they are getting national media coverage. I don't know if it will last, but then none of us do.
Voice of reason

Alan wrote:No matter what anyone thinks about him and this circus, he's put his money where his mouth is, the results have improved with him as manager (though they should with the players he has signed), their gates are massively increased and they are getting national media coverage. I don't know if it will last, but then none of us do.
It may not be his money Alan.
Alan

Yeah, but do you know it isn't, or is this a reckon?
Voice of reason

Alan wrote:Yeah, but do you know it isn't, or is this a reckon?
Time will tell Alan
Alan

So you don't know either way?
Pondfield Dagger

he is spending £2million over the summer and pouring £22k a week into the clubs wage bill.

and that could have been us ...damn!!
ARNU

https://youtu.be/kUWsGblCt9E

I been watching Tamplin interviews an billericay clips. You can't say he's not passionate or putting his money where his mouth is. He even won 3 from 4 as caretaker manager. Be fair he's walking the walk so far. Doubled attendance as well. Might go and have a look myself if we ain't playing.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Voice of reason

Alan wrote:So you don't know either way?
Nope

But when something looks too good to be true it usually is

Billericay were the 4th or 5th club he tried to buy over a very short period

May be all entirely squeaky clean but football is known to be a risk area
http://blog.transparency.org/2015/09/18 ... ing-rules/

As I said earlier time will tell
Mike the Dagger

Voice of reason wrote:
Nope

But when something looks too good to be true it usually is.
True enough, however your referenced article says "Football clubs with large debts can be attractive targets for criminals seeking to launder their dishonest income" and neither the Daggers or Billericay Town had large debts as far as i am aware.

With the Daggers not owning the ground it was useless to an asset stripper.

Maybe Tamplin just meant what he said?

Odd no one has questioned Glyn Hopkin's motives for getting involved at all yet Tamplin was the anti-christ from day one.

The two are massively different characters i know, and i am massively grateful to Glyn for stepping up.
NBDag

An addition to the whole circus over there now. Video circulating twitter of Jamie O'Hara swinging for who is apparently a kid after their game today.
Voice of reason

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:
Nope

But when something looks too good to be true it usually is.
True enough, however your referenced article says "Football clubs with large debts can be attractive targets for criminals seeking to launder their dishonest income" and neither the Daggers or Billericay Town had large debts as far as i am aware.

With the Daggers not owning the ground it was useless to an asset stripper.

Maybe Tamplin just meant what he said?

Odd no one has questioned Glyn Hopkin's motives for getting involved at all yet Tamplin was the anti-christ from day one.

The two are massively different characters i know, and i am massively grateful to Glyn for stepping up.
Mike tbh Glenn Tamplin comes across as a personable bloke
But he had a chequered business history and some scary associates
Maybe everything will be ok. I hope so
The article is slightly misleading. The club doesn't have to have big debts to begin with. From what I have heard Billericay will soon have expenditure far in excess of income.
He also tried to buy successive clubs until he landed one

Glynn Hopkin in contrast is a Daggers fan who appears to have stepped in when the club was in need.
I hope we all remember that when the inevitable hard times come
Alan

Nothing to sing about this week....

https://twitter.com/alexkeenan_/status/ ... 2987787264