Playoff semi dates

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DagenHammer87

Feeling rather optimistic after the last couple of results and was wondering if anyone has the semi-final dates that they could post for us?

The conference website isn't loading and I can't seem to find the semi final dates anywhere.

Presuming we finish 4th I believe we'd be at home in the first leg.
A S dagger97

Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg: 5th v 2nd Wednesday 3rd May K.O 7.00 pm

Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg. 4th v 3rd. Thursday. 4th May K.O. 7.00 pm

Play Off Semi Final. 2nd Leg 2nd v 5th. Saturday. 6th May K.O. 12.15 pm

Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg 3rd v 4th. Sunday. 7th May K.O. 3.00 pm

PLAY OFF FINAL SUNDAY 14TH MAY. 3PM. K.O
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DevonDagger

Wednesday 3rd May: 1st leg: 5th v 2nd - 7pm
Thursday 4th May: 1st leg: 4th v 3rd - 7pm
Saturday 6th May: 2nd leg: 2nd v 5th - 12.15pm
Sunday 7th May: 2nd leg: 3rd v 4th - 3pm

Final
Sunday 14th May: 3pm at Wembley
Paul from Barking

Do we want Tranmere or FGR in the semis (assuming we get there and Lincoln don't come off the rails big style now)?
mickeyblue

i need 4th or some family members will be upset as the saturday of second leg ment to be busy.

only team i dont want is lincoln, the rest are al beatable imo
but we finished 9th!
DevonDagger

Paul from Barking wrote:Do we want Tranmere or FGR in the semis (assuming we get there and Lincoln don't come off the rails big style now)?
To be honest should we finish the job, I'm not fussed either way. I can't imagine Tranmere's record against the top 6 can be that good, both FGR ourselves won on their patch, Aldershot took a point from them today.

On the other hand, I look at FGR's team and feel it looks weaker than Tranmere's and would fancy our chances against them.
Nailsworth is also 150 miles closer to me than Tranmere, so there's that too...

Wherever it is though, if we get play-offs, I'll be going to both legs hoping to see us make our way to Wembley
Paul from Barking

DevonDagger wrote:
Paul from Barking wrote:Do we want Tranmere or FGR in the semis (assuming we get there and Lincoln don't come off the rails big style now)?
To be honest should we finish the job, I'm not fussed either way. I can't imagine Tranmere's record against the top 6 can be that good, both FGR ourselves won on their patch, Aldershot took a point from them today.

On the other hand, I look at FGR's team and feel it looks weaker than Tranmere's and would fancy our chances against them.

Wherever it is though, if we get play-offs, I'll be going to both legs hoping to see us make our way to Wembley
And having concluded that we coud handle both Tranmere & FGR in whichever order (semi and final), what if we make the final but both of them don't.... Would we want Aldershot or Dover. I've posted elsewhere that I don't fancy us against Aldershot - but i think we would be a good punt against Dover.

If we don't make the final ourselves - who would we prefer to go up in lieu of us? FGR for me then Dover as a 2nd choice
RayleighDagger1986

Please correct me but have we been involved in 2 play-offs previously.
Both against Morecambe and 100% success in reaching the final.
DevonDagger

Paul from Barking wrote:
DevonDagger wrote:

And having concluded that we coud handle both Tranmere & FGR in whichever order (semi and final), what if we make the final but both of them don't.... Would we want Aldershot or Dover. I've posted elsewhere that I don't fancy us against Aldershot - but i think we would be a good punt against Dover.

If we don't make the final ourselves - who would we prefer to go up in lieu of us? FGR for me then Dover as a 2nd choice
I would understand any pessimism against Aldershot. But I don't think they're that good. Memories will take us back to an awful night recently against them, but I genuinely feel we just made them look good. They strike me more as tough to beat than a team that would turn us over (again). We've got the players to do that.
Also, Ricky Miller seems to have hit form again for Dover. I'd be concerned about the threat he poses. I feel like we won't play either of these though - I expect us to get 4th and face Tranmere in the final if we get there.. fingers well and truly crossed.

If we don't make it... I hope Tranmere go up.
Next season's National League will include Leyton Orient (though no idea in what kind of shape), one of Newport, Hartlepool or Cheltenham who will all look to go back up.
From this current season I expect FGR and/or Tranmere to challenge again plus you'd also expect better seasons from Wrexham, Moneybags Eastleigh, possibly Chester, York and maybe even one of the well-funded teams coming from National South/North. I can live without Tranmere being in that equation.
We all obviously want promotion this year, but I expect next season to be tougher if we don't manage it.
Paul from Barking

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Please correct me but have we been involved in 2 play-offs previously.
Both against Morecambe and 100% success in reaching the final.
Correction: Doncaster Rovers. Lost the game to a 'golden goal' which seemed to take forever to go in. Didn' we also go up to League 1 having beaten Rotherham 5 years ago??
RayleighDagger1986

We won 2 semi final play offs. I agree, against Morecambe.
But I knew we we lost to Doncaster one year and beat Rotherham in another season.
100% record in getting to the playoff final was what I was getting at. Sorry if I mis-led ur like
daggersjeff

Think you will find it was 7 years ago........