Congratulation Lincoln

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

Well done them.

Of the regular attendees (of which I'm certain;y not one); is the view that we've under achieved, over achieved or are where we would have expected to be following the poor season last year.

I did see more games last season that I have this (and we were woeful) and I thought at the start of the season we'd finish ~12th or so. To most likely be in the playoffs with 2 games to go is very much an over achievement from where I thought we'd be; so well done to the team (players and management) for getting us there.

The thing to ask though is this - if we don't get back up this season will we fade to mid table mediocrity over the forthcoming seasons. Is now our best chance or is there a feeling shared by others that if we don't make it now we'll likely be away (like Lincoln / Luton / Oxford) for 5+ years?
DagenHammer87

Personally whether we go up or not doesn't really bother me. So long as the football is a good, entertaining day out with us winning most weeks I am happy.

The football league is wonderful in terms of revenue and exposure, but the question is would everyone prefer to be in a relegation scrap year in, year out or playing good stuff and seeing where it takes you.

In my opinion at the five games I've attended this season we still have some way to go to be effective and efficient in the football league. Not being critical, but being realistic here. JS is assembling a decent little squad with what he has.

I'm over the moon to be in the playoffs and I hope we go on to win them. However, there's some decent teams in this league next year so either way we'll enjoy the ride.