A final word on this season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

It's never nice to finish the season on a low moment, but here we are. I don't know what it was today but we just didn't seem to have that fight needed in those types of matches. However low we may all feel about today's result, there is so much praise that everyone deserves at the club. The whole team has been fantastic and I hope they're all here in August, but there are some special mentions to be had.

Players such as Widdowson and Boucaud have worked hard to win us over from last season and played amazingly all year. I don't think any of us would have expected to be here wanting them to stay for next season, but we are and I for one do. Huge well done to them.

Whitely, Robson and Hawkins have all done fantastically to settle in at this level so quickly. They deserve to be league players and hopefully if they stick with us they will be sooner rather than later. Fejiri too.

There are probably only two players I've seen in my time as a Dagenham fan that looked more talented than JMD, and they both won the Chanpionship today. You could tell he's enjoyed being here this year and I think everyone has enjoyed watching him. He'll go just as far as Gayle and Richie. Donnellan also has it about him to reach the Championship and maybe even beyond. Don't forget us in the future, the odd donation from your 80k a week pay cheques would be grand.

Benno, Doe, Howell and Stilly all being here again has been great and have been massive in putting smiles on everyone's faces around the club this season. Benno stay on for another season and get that 100th goal. I'll lose my rag if I'm there to watch it go in.

Finally, one that many people may not like hearing. Earlier this season we were almost bought by Tamplin and the board were far from everyone's favourite people. However since Hopkin came in I have noticed a substantial attempt from the club to listen and interact with fans both new and existing. Well done to everyone behind the scenes who is making this happen, including Thommo. Long may this continue as there is still lots more to do.

Here's to next season. Hopefully that will be the one. YFD.
BB-Dagger

Agree with NBdag on all his points....
Disappointed yes, downhearted no, next year we can get stronger and avoid the playoffs by winning it outright!
I'm also looking to get one over on the veggies next year as they are a boring negative side who WILL still be in the conference. A big thank you to the club for turning it all around this season after the debacle of the previous season, made me enjoy watching again. And for the players who won't be here another big thank you, JMD is a star in the making, any chance of a free transfer from Brighton?? :mrgreen:

And John Still, new contract so two more seasons to get us back up and established where we belong.

COYD
Daggernewbie

Everyone one of them done us proud this season came through the rough times and got us to play off`s and also the support has been great this season.On to next season now and lets see what joys or lows it brings for us .
NickMurphy

Gutted but hugely proud of this team, management and chairman - all of whom have gone above and beyond expectations at the start of the season to deliver quite a memorable campaign, even if it may feel today a disappointing one.

To be quite honest, it's been nice to have a season where we consistently win games as simple as that may sound. To miss out on the big prize at the end is gutting, but we'll go again next season and be better and stronger for this experience.
SLDagger

So proud of the boys this season.. They've overcome injuries, had to adapt to professional football and have done so great
daggersjeff

Disappointed, yes, but I've said all the season that i would be happy to do another year in the Conference and strengthen the depth of the squad.
This season has had its highs and lows, but thats what you get being a Dagger!

JMD, in general, has been excellent this season, and I'd like to think that we may get him back for next season, if Brighton don't feel he's ready to take on Premiership opposition.

As has been said before, yesterdays heartache will make us stronger. Think we will be there or thereabouts next season, and looking forward to a couple more spicy local derbies!!

Lastly, great effort from the fans yesterday! Jesus, that place is a nightmare to get in and out of by coach!