Half Time "entertainment"

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Bit quiet on here last couple of days so thought I'd drop this one in here.

I know everyone is different at Half Time; some like to check scores on their phone, some like to use the toilet, some get food and some (I'm sure) like to watch the Daggerettes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burton did a thing last week where 3 programmes had something, a code I think, in it which gave that person the opportunity to come on the pitch at half time and do a crossbar challenge. Prize was a signed shirt or something.

Surprised we've never done something like this but think it would prove quite a big hit.

Also always thought a kids penalty shootout at HT against the reserve keeper or Digger the Dog would also prove a hit for the younger fans.

Any other sensible suggestions?
leewilson

I think we should make a half time game (Crossbar challenge, shoot through the hole, score a penalty etc) part of the package for signing up to the supporters club. Aside from the obvious cut price on coaches, there is not much else within the package that is 'exciting' or going to entice people to sign up, especially younger supporters.

Say for example, signing up to the supporters club gives you one token to take a penalty at half time against the Daggers youth keeper. You could get through a fair few penalties at half time if the idea proved popular and there was a backlog. Whenever anyone signs up, their name is added to a register. Each week, the next 5-6 on the register are contacted and asked if they would like to take their penalty in the upcoming home game this weekend. Subsequent arrangements could be made from there.

I mean, with all due respect, we go over Dagenham to watch football. I'm not particularly interested in listening to a 16/17 year old sing through a tinny PA system or watch 5 teenage girls dance with pom poms to a shit pop song. That's not to say they're not any good. I just think we should know our audience a bit better and give them something worth looking up from their phones or which makes them think 'I'd like to do that one week'.
Kevin

The kid singing the over day could certainly have done with some girls dancing alongside him to liven it up a bit.

I remember when we used to do the penalty shoot out thing many moons ago..it was like a raffle & you got £5 for every penalty you scored. I got to do it (in the late 90's I think?) managed to score a measly 2 out 5, sending the final one over the fence behind the goal. Was good fun, but did go on a bit & didn't really make any money for the club. Do think the crossbar challenge could be a good one..perhaps with a prize fund "rolling over" if unclaimed each week?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Get Bas Savage back in, he was a right laugh at half time. Keepy ups and all sorts.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Kevin wrote:The kid singing the over day could certainly have done with some girls dancing alongside him to liven it up a bit.

I remember when we used to do the penalty shoot out thing many moons ago..it was like a raffle & you got £5 for every penalty you scored. I got to do it (in the late 90's I think?) managed to score a measly 2 out 5, sending the final one over the fence behind the goal. Was good fun, but did go on a bit & didn't really make any money for the club. Do think the crossbar challenge could be a good one..perhaps with a prize fund "rolling over" if unclaimed each week?
Surprised they never offered you a contract Kevin.
DagenHammer87

Get some ex players to come down and have a q&a on the pitch at half time for a few minutes.

More importantly, replace that awful walk out stuff they've got before the game - completely kills the atmosphere. Whack it on at 2.55 and then stick on some proper music to get everybody pumped up
NickMurphy

DagenHammer87 wrote:
More importantly, replace that awful walk out stuff they've got before the game - completely kills the atmosphere. Whack it on at 2.55 and then stick on some proper music to get everybody pumped up
I'd also quite like something like this. Although I'm sure quite a few do like the walkout music unfortunately.
DagenHammer87

It's just so lame. I appreciate why we do it, but does it actually work? I think we've lost the importance of good entrance music.

Can you imagine a boxer coming out to barbie girl minutes before a title fight?

Stoke City had a brilliant video and song a few years ago. Starts with a black screen with "in 20xx people said stoke city couldn't stay in the premier league" before playing a montage of all of their premier league goals to the foo fighters pretender. A good piece of music gives a sense of occasion.

Sadly I still sometimes find myself humming samba de janeiro from my early days of coming to the club as a kid 16 years ago.
ronaldaggero

what about 90mins or entertainment ? that would make a nice change ;)
Masked Man

ronaldaggero wrote:what about 90mins or entertainment ? that would make a nice change ;)
Spot on 'In-Game' entertainment should be first. :lol:
DI Mike Dashwood

The ex players thing is only decent idea on here in my view. I go to other places and cringe at the rubbish they put on at half-time. Especially at Northampton, watching me mate and his fellow cricketers struggling to boot a ball into a Skoda!!!

Could get Tim Cole back to do some of his half-time substitute dancing!!!
NickMurphy

How's about Arm Wrestling with Chas & Dave? Youth hostelling with Chris Eubank? Monkey tennis?