Brain dead match officials

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggers No 2 Fan

What an utter joke. A player takes a blatant dive is told by the referee to get up, but then plays on so the can score. So much for not penalising the side that hasn't committed an offence. Disgraceful.
dagger4eva

Bloody shit tip officials killed any chance we ever had today.

Played some good footall worthy of getting at least a point out of the game, but timewasting from starting from the 40th minutes along with god awful officiating and some wasteful finishing sees us end up with diddly squat!

Think thats almost certainly playoffs done for us now after that but not dishearened in any way shape or form.. well, other than to know that goblin of a referee will be ruining another football match next Saturday!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:What an utter joke. A player takes a blatant dive is told by the referee to get up, but then plays on so the can score. So much for not penalising the side that hasn't committed an offence. Disgraceful.
Once again the referee is the fall guy.

In the interest of fairness can i point out that it was not him or his Colleagues who stood and watched Plymouth
Score two very goals it was our defence.

It was not him or his Colleagues who puked their guts up before the game. It was a so called 1/4 million Centre forward.

They were not to blame for the total mugging we took in midfield.We were not even second best.

Then again we hardly played through it the whole game and just either went backwards to dodge pot of a Keeper or hoofed it up to a gutless forward. If Peterborough want him let them have him.

We were dreadfull and the ref although poor was nowhere near as poor as most if our team.
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:What an utter joke. A player takes a blatant dive is told by the referee to get up, but then plays on so the can score. So much for not penalising the side that hasn't committed an offence. Disgraceful.
It was not him or his Colleagues who puked their guts up before the game. It was a so called 1/4 million Centre forward.

Then again we hardly played through it the whole game and just either went backwards to dodge pot of a Keeper or hoofed it up to a gutless forward. If Peterborough want him let them have him.
I wasn't there but you've made it sound like he was ill. Bit harsh to say that and then say that he's gutless and we should just sell him. Without his goals this season, we'd be in a Northampton/Torquay position by now. If he didn't play well and was unwell, then surely the blame goes to those who picked him.
Daggers No 2 Fan

The referee was worse than most of our players today.
He and his colleagues were utterly clueless.
The first goal comes for a free kick given when Doe was being blocked by a Plymouth player but was is instead penalised. The second comes from a Plymouth player not being punished for cheating.

Any time a Plymouth player looked at him he gave them something, while ignoring fouls all over the place.
Had one of our players gone down the same way as theirs did I don't believe for a second he wouldn't have blown immediately to book him.

I'm not sure what your point about someone puking their guts out has to do with anything.
If a player was ill then he shouldn't have played and Id question why the manager started him.
But then this is the manager that continues to give Elito game time while ignoring Shields. I think Shields had 10 times the impact of Elito in a third of the time today.
SUSSEX DAGGER

I am only assumeing he chucked his guts up because he showed none what so ever throughout that game.

The refs had a shocker but ffs the ball cannons back of the bar ane we watch the Plymouth lad tee it up

Second goal ball comes over and we allow a Plymouth player to get there first.
matt_drfc

Actually thought it was a good performance. Bar some dodgy defending. Referee was very poor, his performance was summed up by not spotting the blatant hand ball from Reid.

Hines had his best game in a long time, defensively and going forward. Looks like dropping him last time was a very good move. Doe done very well out of position. D'ath didn't look on it today, rightly subbed at HT. Azeez got loads of stick, I thought he had a good game. 9 times out of 10 won the ball in the air when it was hoofed up. Didn't know Murphy was sick beforehand, explains why he had a poor game. Think he might need a game off like Hines did. I thought Lewy also had a poor game.

Not really worried at the moment, keep going boys!
speedy

I have to agree with Sussex, you can't blame match officials for totally inept performances like today's. That display was completely unrecognisable from the spirited gutsy performance against Burton. Granted Murphy has put us in a reasonable position but when was the last time he had half a decent game, he doesn't look like scoring at the moment, maybe a game of two on the bench might do him good.
dagger4eva

So sussex u agree ref had a shocker yeah??

Speedy, if you thought that was an "inept" performance l would thoroughly recommend getting yoirself down the local offy and buy yourself a crate of something wet n strong.

If we'd of played anywhere near as good against Hartlepool we'd of wiped the floor with them
Daggers No 2 Fan

There's a difference between pointing out an inept performance by officials and blaming them for the performance of a team.

I didn't think we were that bad anyway. I don't get the Murphy bashing - he's getting no service and no support. He did play a big part in the goal today but had to drop back pretty much to the centre circle. Not sure what is expected of him, he isn't going to just make goals out of nothing.
Today was one of those games where the ball just wasn't going to go for us. They had defenders make several last ditch blocks. Other than the two chances gifted to them by officials I don't recall them really creating anything.
ARNU

Dunno why we aren't starting Norris.Murphy still cant jump or head and was quite anonymous again.Shields has to start surely and we should stop letting Hoyte take throw ins,takes ages to just give the ball away.Lewy was a bit of a calamity today too and whats with all the hoofing all of a sudden.Cant see why D'ath was taken off either.Yeah the ref missed a few things but face it we were not the better team today.Dissapointed.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Lewington struggled with his kicking today again but why we persist in passing the ball back to him all the time when we know kicking is a weakness I don't understand... gives the opposition team and crowd confidence chasing balls down that they don't need.

The short corner routine still makes me sigh the most... It was so obvious yesterday that the defence ran out at one point in the second half and played us offside
ronaldaggero

some poor defending again also not playing to the whistle , but having said that , I really found the officials to be poor , once again. :cry: