What formation...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

... Were we allegedly playing today? Never seen a 5 man midfield offer so little support up front and never seen an allegedtthree mam middle get so overrun by such a mediocre oppo!

While I'm there... stuff off with the bloody short corners!!!

Grrr... Anyway that ref eh
SUSSEX DAGGER

The formatipn was hoof it up the top were a gratefull opposistion will be waiting .

When we were poor at hoofing it and we were on a number of occassions a gratefull opposistion will be waiting in the middle of the park.

No fprmation just hoof it.
ARNU

Yeah todays game had Johny judas tactics written all over it.Hoof hoof hoof and lose !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Yeah todays game had Johny judas tactics written all over it.Hoof hoof hoof and lose !!
How anybody thinks we played anything like a team is beyond me Arnu. The only time we played it on the floor we score.

You can have the best wingers in the World but when they put in crosses that the Centre Forward wont even challange let alone head they become as much use as a nighbourhood watch scheme in Liverpool.

Glad somebody saw whst i did todsy . Last weeks sending off cost us last week and today.

A back gour of Hoyte Doe Shah and Connors and we dont lose that game today. We woukd not have won it dimply because we did nothing in the last third other thrn the goal.
ARNU

I actuially think Norris is our best goalscoring hope and he holds the ball up very well.Yeah Murphy can score but I don't think hes as good or as versatile as Norris.Norris should start certainly in front of Azeez who in fairness holds the ball up well and can head it but again isn't in the same league as Norris.Some of waynes selections are puzzling at times.
Daggers No 2 Fan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:Yeah todays game had Johny judas tactics written all over it.Hoof hoof hoof and lose !!
How anybody thinks we played anything like a team is beyond me Arnu. The only time we played it on the floor we score.

You can have the best wingers in the World but when they put in crosses that the Centre Forward wont even challange let alone head they become as much use as a nighbourhood watch scheme in Liverpool.

Glad somebody saw whst i did todsy . Last weeks sending off cost us last week and today.

A back gour of Hoyte Doe Shah and Connors and we dont lose that game today. We woukd not have won it dimply because we did nothing in the last third other thrn the goal.
What game were you at then? We played the ball on the floor loads without scoring. The goal wasn't because the ball was played on the floor it was because it was played quickly.
I'm not see why you'd include Saah in the back four, he was shocking today. We had 15 shots to ther 5. That's not nothing in the last third at all.
bloke down the pub

What do you expect, its the same coach.
Chigwellian

bloke down the pub wrote:

Terry Harris went with Stilly
NickMurphy

I quite liked Doe playing in left-midfield, at least that's what it seemed at times!
bloke down the pub

Chigwellian wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote:

Terry Harris went with Stilly

And what was W.B. doing ,making the tea?
ARNU

I like the ball down on the ground and that seems to be Waynes philosophy too.But just like last season we seem to have paniced and reverted to hoofing it aimlessly.If your gonna hoof then you might as well flog Murphy to Peterborough,he cant head or jump and operates far better with ball to feet.Azeez looked more comfortable with the ball being hoofed up to him but that's about all.Wilkinson cant pass he's a hoofer and so is Doe although he has made the transition to the passing game far easier.Also if you are going to hoof get a keeper who can kick.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:I like the ball down on the ground and that seems to be Waynes philosophy too.But just like last season we seem to have paniced and reverted to hoofing it aimlessly.If your gonna hoof then you might as well flog Murphy to Peterborough,he cant head or jump and operates far better with ball to feet.Azeez looked more comfortable with the ball being hoofed up to him but that's about all.Wilkinson cant pass he's a hoofer and so is Doe although he has made the transition to the passing game far easier.Also if you are going to hoof get a keeper who can kick.
I agree, at least Saah seems to aim to ball to Murphy's chest if anything. Wilko just hits it. I've made my mind up on our defence.. Hoyte, Doe, Saah, Connors.

Murphy to be left out v Mansfield, Azeez and Norris please.
TheLion

I would give Seabright a chance. Lewy was all over the place yesterday.

Norris is the best up front but when does his loan spell end?

And surely Shields deserves a chance to start a match.

And while I am having a moan, Wilko seems to have gone backwards since last season.

Yesterday took me back to the dark days of the past two seasons.
SUSSEX DAGGER

How long is left on Norris loan, cant be anymore then one game can it ? If so would you change just for one game ? Obviously if it gets renewed then that's is an option.

We could not fill the bench yesterday and are desperate for Luke Howell and Matt Saunders who has been the Daggers fortnight away errr for months. Any news on on that front as if nothing else it gives us options, something we are badly lacking.

Really worried about next week when the brutes from Mansfield roll up . Could not handle them at their drum and unless we go back to playing football we are in for another beating next week.

They will come here string 5 across the middle looking not to get beat. They will play on the break hoping to catch us cold from the normal needless free kicks , cheap corners and throw ins and I have no doubt we will happily oblige.

That's the pattern most teams adopt when they come to us. To me its not about formation its more a question about organisation. As the season goes by even if you don't agree that our organisation has got worse it has hardly got any better

matt_drfc

TheLion wrote:I would give Seabright a chance. Lewy was all over the place yesterday.

Norris is the best up front but when does his loan spell end?

And surely Shields deserves a chance to start a match.

And while I am having a moan, Wilko seems to have gone backwards since last season.

Yesterday took me back to the dark days of the past two seasons.
I wouldn't, Lewy has been brilliant recently, just poor yesterday.

Tomorrow I think

I agree, shields looks good!

Wilko is still the same, just hasn't quite made the transition between hoof and pass well enough.