will we get sucked into relegation fight

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
USADAGGER nick

chasthedagger wrote:dont want to be all doom and gloom but if results go against us tomorrow night we will drop to 17th in the table, surely not????

We could, but we'd still be at least 8 from the drop.
ARNU

I think 17th is only 4 away from the drop.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

Maths not anyones strong point on here?? 23rd is relegation spot, so 17th is surely 6 places above, not 8 or 4?? Anyway, we digress (a little)!!

We will be fine. Many differences with last year which are we have a few more points than at same stage, there are many more sides between us and bottom 2, last year was a higher safety points mark than normal and this side contains many better players than last year's. I would estimate we will finish somewhere between 12th and 17th.

On the topic of atmosphere, not sure why anyone thinks a drum adds to the atmosphere in any way, however it is played!!!
matt_drfc

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Maths not anyones strong point on here?? 23rd is relegation spot, so 17th is surely 6 places above, not 8 or 4?? Anyway, we digress (a little)!!

We will be fine. Many differences with last year which are we have a few more points than at same stage, there are many more sides between us and bottom 2, last year was a higher safety points mark than normal and this side contains many better players than last year's. I would estimate we will finish somewhere between 12th and 17th.

On the topic of atmosphere, not sure why anyone thinks a drum adds to the atmosphere in any way, however it is played!!!
I think USADAGGER nick was saying 8 points away from the drop. Arnu's '4 away' I haven't got a clue about.
HogansHeros

We could do with Southend and Burton winning tonight. And Accrington.
Mark

Since start of Dec we have the worst record in the division. We have won twice in 13 I think?

We aren't playing well and we don't look a good side. We have better players on paper than last season but it doesn't appear to be making much difference. We make the same errors at the back, we can't defend set pieces, we barely create anything from open play.

We are looking over our shoulder for sure but I do think we'll survive.
Dagger In The Heart

Sorry to be the bearer of doom and gloom but after tonight's results I don't think we'll be sucked into the relegation fight .... we're already in it.
dagger4eva

To Mark, l would refer the honourable gentleman to my previous post about the record following our oh so "pathetic" win vs Wycombe.

How we could take some pathetic wins now!
Daggers No 2 Fan

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Maths not anyones strong point on here?? 23rd is relegation spot, so 17th is surely 6 places above, not 8 or 4?? Anyway, we digress (a little)!!

I'm guessing the point about maths not being a strong point also applies to you.

After 32 games last season we were 14th and had 41 points. This season we are 13th with 40 points. So have fewer points rather than more and have only one more side between us and the bottom 2.
Mick

chasthedagger wrote:Does anyone think we will be sucked into another relegation fight, we are only a few points from being in the bottom 4 or 5?

Don't be daft.........no friggin chance!
Ilford Dagger

Although we look to be in a relatively secure 13th place we are just 3 points above Accrington in 22nd - astonishing, it really is so tight down there. It makes you wonder how many points will guarantee safety this year, 54? Remember Peterboro' went down from the Championship with 54 last year & Birmingham went down with 54/55 not so long ago previously.
USADAGGER nick

matt_drfc wrote:

I think USADAGGER nick was saying 8 points away from the drop. Arnu's '4 away' I haven't got a clue about.
Yes, I did mean 8 points from the drop zone, I apologize for any confusion
NickMurphy

We're not the only ones experiencing a poor run of form, Morecambe haven't win in 9 and Exeter have only a couple of wins in their last ten I think. All very similar from mid-table down.
SUSSEX DAGGER

kipling Chaps Kipling "If you can keep your head whilst those all around are losing their"

In Wayne we must all trust
ronaldaggero

I believe we are playing some decent football , have some good players and should not be getting sucked into a relegation fight , conceding silly goals , not playing to the whistle and not playing to our full potential (especially at home) and allowing nerves to influence our play has been our downfall . I think Wayne needs to get the players settled and in the right frame of mind , always seem to be nervous at home .
I think the players we have right now have the potential to do well and a good performance and a convincing win on Sat. is just the tonic that we all need .

In Wayne and Abu , we trust