Leyton Orient

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
easthamdagger

I have an Orient fan friend here in Clacton who has told me that John Still and Oliver Hawkins are both going to Leyton.
He also said on their fanzine page that this is backed up by Dagenham fans.

As there isn't anything on here are they talking out of their rear ends?
TommyD&R

Think it would be a step backwards for them with the way things are right now. Surely we can match them for wages now?
Auntie Merge

I think it is wishful thinking on the Orient fan's side. JS is going nowhere. If Hawkins goes it will be for a fee, but I don't think we are a selling club for a few months yet.
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:I think it is wishful thinking on the Orient fan's side. JS is going nowhere. If Hawkins goes it will be for a fee, but I don't think we are a selling club for a few months yet.
Money talks on all these fronts. Wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.
mickeyblue

dear mr burnett please apply for the vacant orient job.

you have previous and unfinished business with turning orient into a top ryman team

thanks
micky
but we finished 9th!
Daggernewbie

I see Orient have given Martin Ling the job of Director of football according to a few news sources and there own website.He was there manager for a while.
NickMurphy

Daggernewbie wrote:I see Orient have given Martin Ling the job of Director of football according to a few news sources and there own website.He was there manager for a while.
Good to see him back in the game. Gone through hell the past few years, hope it works out for him there.
lupins

Well said Nick unlike the the attempt, failed, at humour by Blue
Lcbdagger

Good to see a local team get back on their feet to some degree... another one who is really pleased to see Martin Ling's name back in the papers again for positive reasons.

Won't miss the irony when they suddenly start heading the bookmakers National League promotion odds and rumours come in for all and sundry (as we're seeing with Hawkins)
Auntie Merge

Delighted to see Martin Ling in a new role. That should make an extra bit of fun for a local derby if Sam is in the starting line up.
RampantDuke

Orient are back on their feet now and will be looking for a manager who has form in getting teams out of this league in a relatively short space of time. Hmmm I wonder who that might be?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
easthamdagger

On a telephone interview with sky Ling said he was looking for a first team coach,can't see that JS would want that
Alan

easthamdagger wrote:On a telephone interview with sky Ling said he was looking for a first team coach,can't see that JS would want that
He's not appointing Tamplin then?
durnzo

Can't see it myself, that place is a madhouse at present. Heard one of their media type fans on talkshite saying they only had something like 8 junior players on their books with no senior players, and I can't imagine there being a large amount of cash to entice good players at this level.

I wish them all the best but still would be mad to go there with things actually looking pretty ******** sweet at the mighty daggers. Gotta love the summer time rumour mill.
RampantDuke

Good point. I can't see him working under a Director of Football at Orient. JS is a bit like Arsene Wenger in that respect.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!