Our club have issued three banning orders

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Our club issued a total of three banning orders in the 16/17 season. Whether these will be enforce for the 17/18 season I do not know. Here`s a list of banning orders against football clubs,there`s a few from the national league :- https://theterracestore.com/blogs/news/ ... rder-chart
durnzo

That's valuable beer money being turned away!!
admin
Site Admin

That's pretty mild to be fair
diggerdagger1

Are these actual COURT banning orders or CLUB banning orders does anybody know? Perhaps Tony Payne the club's safety officer might like to clarify?
Safetyman

Just to confirm, Football Banning Orders, which is what the statistics refer to, are issued by the Courts, on application by the Police (usually following a conviction), not the club.
They are usually for 3-5 years, so remain part of the club's totals for that period.
As you can see, we've only got 3 FBOs, which makes our fans among the best in football, behaviour-wise.
Tony, Safety Officer
dagger4eva

Don't you need to update your sign off Tony?? :)
Paul from Barking

I'm being deadly serious in saying this:

If you think that beating someone up, vandalising the ground (home or away), urinating in public places or generally behaving like a total oik is impressive to any degree to anyone else with more than 15 braincells, you're very much mistaken.

Football is a game. It's not an excuse for war or otherwise injuring people who follow teams from other parts of the country.

GROW UP FFS!

Banter and ridiculing each other is fine but violence, especially team handed cowardly violence is not acceptable on any level.
TommyD&R

You're spot on Paul, grown men are on the National league banter Facebook page comparing who has had run ins with who. Embarrassing!
mickeyblue

you had me on grown men on facebook
but we finished 9th!
TommyD&R

mickeyblue wrote:you had me on grown men on facebook
Hahaha it's true!
Paul from Barking

TommyD&R wrote:You're spot on Paul, grown men are on the National league banter Facebook page comparing who has had run ins with who. Embarrassing!
I accept that sometimes I can be very irritating / a dog with a bone / extremely tormentive but I do not encourage nor condone violence of any description, be that football related violence or political violence.

We really do have to respect each other's rights to be different no matter how that manifests itself; whether it be supporting Forest Green Rovers, Leeds United or Milwall or whether we voted in or out at last year's EU referendum.

I cannot get my head around going to another part of the country to behave like total imbeciles GROW UP and accept that the limits are taking the piss out of each other - even those people we might very much dislike (and I know I can be a popular guy).

Is it really that important to throw a punch / spit at or otherwise assault someone wearing a green or orange or purple scarf? Children might not understand this but I expect grown men to.

And they come to our game because the authorities don't want to do anything about it. How many CCTV cameras are there in grounds now? They can take pictures of the "regular idiots". Why aren't there posters outside grounds or in programs asking "Do you know these idiots?" Ah - human rights / data protection.... what about th human right not to have some team handed part pissed moron throw a chair at you for what??? Sitting in the wrong end of the ground? Saying hello in the wrong accent???

These people need to know that all of the rest of us are NOT impressed at all.
The Romford Dagger

I sort of know two of the Ipswich fans banned.

They went to the edge of the pitch when we took the lead in the east Anglian Derby.

People like that don't deserve to be banned in my opinion.

Anyone know what the three daggers fans were banned for? If similar circumstances, harsh on them I feel.
durnzo

I can half way understand it back in the 70s/80s. A lot of working class youth with dismal prospects, pent up rage and only 3 tv channels so not much to do, who took pride (if you can call it that) in the area they actually lived in and found this escape and buzz through football violence at the actual match in and around the ground. Looking for somewhere to belong and feel good about themselves and part of something, even if it was absolute bollocks. Not condoning it at all but I can see how it could happen. All this let's follow a team and meet other divs away from the ground in pre arranged "fights" for no real reason I'll never understand. Spur of the moment, frustration boiling over with the emotional roller coaster that is football i can see how it happens. Don't agree with it and people who can't control themselves are a danger to the public and are clearly the lowest common denominator, but getting up in the morning and thinking I'm going to travel to this town and fight other morons for absolutely no reason? Unbelievable when you actually think about it. I would suggest they came down the boxing gym, but they're all basically cowards who only attack people in groups and with weapons. Surely it should be a lifetime ban for anyone caught.

Having said all this, there's really not a problem with the daggers, and the fact the few divs do stand out by a mile is testament to this. Having watched football all over Europe, and followed our national team when I was young and clearly stupid It's obvious this clubs fans are a very good bunch. Let's not lose sight of that.
durnzo

The Romford Dagger wrote:I sort of know two of the Ipswich fans banned.

They went to the edge of the pitch when we took the lead in the east Anglian Derby.

People like that don't deserve to be banned in my opinion.

Anyone know what the three daggers fans were banned for? If similar circumstances, harsh on them I feel.
One of them must've been the youngster who "charged" the Braintree fans at half time just slow enough so the stewards could stop him!! A proper "don't hold me back moment!!" If so, thoroughly deserved in my humble.