Two new signing`s from the academy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Two signed from the academy and one is a left back so is he Widdowson`s placement ?
http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-KoRGLyKgCC_pWLMc8a5
durnzo

Still knows a player, and always good to give youth a chance. Makes me realise how much I hate premier league football. Conte moaning about signings? Chelsea have got a million players on loan and win most of the youth tournaments every year, why not coach one of those players who'd give their all regardless!! Loads of old bollocks in my humble.
Auntie Merge

My crystal ball tells me that there might be another signing yet. Or two.
mickeyblue

durnzo wrote:Still knows a player, and always good to give youth a chance. Makes me realise how much I hate premier league football. Conte moaning about signings? Chelsea have got a million players on loan and win most of the youth tournaments every year, why not coach one of those players who'd give their all regardless!! Loads of old bollocks in my humble.
a big plus 1.
how any side let's Nathan ake leave without getting a proper chance is beyond me.
but we finished 9th!
durnzo

The whole thing confuses me. Our national youth sides are doing well and yet none of them will play for their teams every week. Players who play lower leagues when they're young and have to fight for everything in games that actually matter will do far better than those who stay in the youth leagues. One of the things that makes football at this level so good. JMD will be a far better player for last season than if he'd stayed in the youth leagues and we'll all enjoy watching how his career unfolds. Looking forward to next season in a big way!!