Take a Bow Mr Ward

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

You were not the reason we did not win,blaming you would give you to much credit.

We failed to win because our Centre Forwards would not hit water if they fell out of a boat at the moment.

But Mr Ward you are without doubt the worse Referee I havr seen in many a moon and I have seen some shockers. However I say without fear of contridiction that you the biscuit .
Richie

He was awful - Looking forward to seeing the penalty incident again, it was a stone wall pen surely.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Wasn't a penalty. It was outside the area, and I don't think their player touched Azeez. He seemed to be waiting for a touch that didn't happen.
Mr Ward was however a complete joke. It was his inability to give a free kick when a foul happens that led to Abu being booked and his failure to deal with some of their challenges was abysmal. The swipe that the 23 took at Medi wasn't even an attempt to play the ball.
ARNU

Rare for me to have a go at a ref but this blokes a joke.Shocking!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

I was saying to Nick earlier, that I don't actually think Ward is that bad a ref. He gets 90% of decisions spot on, but it is the way he handles the 10% he gets wrong which makes him an utter incompetent tosser. I couldn't believe the way he handled the head incident today when we were on the break. I understand that he has to stop if there's a head injury. What pissed me off was the way he looked round once, did nothing, then when Rhys is driving towards their goal, decides that it would then be a good time to stop. And to make matters worse, he then does a drop ball afterwards when possession was clearly with us. As a result, they have a situation 10 seconds later from that drop ball where they nearly score.

Some referees just have to make the spectacle about him and he's one of them. Over the top gestures. Over the top authorative way of talking to players. He's just an arse.
Daggers No 2 Fan

But 90% isn't really good enough. That covers throw ins and a few nothing fouls.
He booked their player for their first foul correctly, but then failed to take any prompt action against equally bad fouls where he'd played advantage - one on Medy on the edge of the area then a lunge not long after. Then there was the attempted foul by the 23 when Medy broke and I think played Azeez in.
But he booked Abu because he ended up tangled with their player after Ward allowed their player to continue manhandling Abu.

The worst bit about the drop ball was that he took it a lot further from their goal than where the ball was, and effectively game then as advantage.
leewilson

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:But 90% isn't really good enough. That covers throw ins and a few nothing fouls.
He booked their player for their first foul correctly, but then failed to take any prompt action against equally bad fouls where he'd played advantage - one on Medy on the edge of the area then a lunge not long after. Then there was the attempted foul by the 23 when Medy broke and I think played Azeez in.
But he booked Abu because he ended up tangled with their player after Ward allowed their player to continue manhandling Abu.

The worst bit about the drop ball was that he took it a lot further from their goal than where the ball was, and effectively game then as advantage.
90% was just a random figure I plucked from the air. The point is that he gets most things right but it's the way he acts when he gets a decision wrong as if he's beyond a mistake that rubs people up the wrong way. Refs are human and all refs make mistakes but not all of them choose to be an utter tit when they make a decision.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Richie wrote:He was awful - Looking forward to seeing the penalty incident again, it was a stone wall pen surely.
Never a pen I'm afraid, their player Kicked the ball away then Azeez just fell over
Daggers No 2 Fan

leewilson wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:But 90% isn't really good enough. That covers throw ins and a few nothing fouls.

90% was just a random figure I plucked from the air. The point is that he gets most things right but it's the way he acts when he gets a decision wrong as if he's beyond a mistake that rubs people up the wrong way. Refs are human and all refs make mistakes but not all of them choose to be an utter tit when they make a decision.
He's gets the decisions where someone else is making them right. He missed a lot of clear fouls, and comprehensively failed to properly deal with some poor challenges. That is in now way good enough at this level.
Mark

I guess it is indicative of the crap we have to put up with when I thought he did OK. Couple of bizarre decisions in there though.
daggersjeff

A complete tosser with Little man syndrome........always has been...always will be.... :x :x :x
Kevin

His "handling" of Mansfield's 23 was particularly bad.

When the chap took a swipe at Medy as he was heading through their half, Ward gestured to play on..indicating that he'd seen the kick. For him not to book him afterwards was verging on the inept..especially considering some of the bookings (Ogogo in particular) that he waved about throughout the game. Couple of mins later, the 23 fouls from behind. Verdict..a bit of a talking to. All of this following his dive in the penalty box & "injury". Finally, in 90+2 minute of the game, he books the 23 for yet another bad challenge. Other than giving his pencil an airing, it was kind of pointless by then.

I agree with the earlier comments about him getting the majority correct..unfortunately, his preening peacock routine highlights and magnifies how particularly bad his incorrect stuff is.

A good ref, or even a halfway decent one, can control a game..let it flow, converse with both teams & take steps to keep the game itself going. This guy struggles in every game I've had the misfortune of seeing him officiate.

So it would seem that Ward is either a pedantic moron - or is doing a very good impression of one.
matt_drfc

Absolute moron, anyone see him give Lewy a mouthful for holding on to the ball when he was out of his goal by the corner flag?