Money making games coming up

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

USA dagger .... Why should we pay more?

I like standing in the sieve... I have stood on the same spot for years, and my season ticket says quite plainly 'terrace season ticket'..... I think you all know where this is going.......
USADAGGER nick

I was just saying the first idea that came to my head.
Auntie Merge

matt_drfc wrote:I just think the big teams should get the whole TBS, family stand and the end bit of the sieve. An allocation of maybe 1700 or so.
THIS. There is nothing more depressing than having more away fans than home ones, particularly because of the noise they create. It can't do much to motivate our team either.
TomMc

ARNU wrote:Basically life is too short to worry about where you sit/stand at a football match
This coming from the man that on the old forum complained on a near-daily basis that away fans were given the TB Stand.
ARNU

TomMc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Basically life is too short to worry about where you sit/stand at a football match
This coming from the man that on the old forum complained on a near-daily basis that away fans were given the TB Stand.
Well even you know that was an entirely different argument(Which slowly I'm winning by the way,10 games a year now presently which you and others said would never be done for all manner of trivial reasons)).I don't think its ever been advantageous for us as the home team to give the away support the best facilities and acoustics.Quite different from sulking if someone stands in your spot and boycotting games over it.You'll never convince me that that isn't a pathetic childish view whatever you did to me.

When we could stick all the Southend/Pompey Morons in the sieve at great expense and profit to the club it does still seem a stupid that we give them the TBS to out sing us. The best facilities in the ground and the best acoustics given to the away team on a weekly basis when teams like Morecambe bring 48 fans does seem mad.Anyway my argument in this one off case is about Pompey who could fill our ground with away supporters if we'd let them,and that seems a bit of an opportunity that we can ill afford to ignore.What if it were Man Utd in the cup ?? Limit them to 1200 would you ?? Or give them 2000 at least and move some sulkers over a bit.That what this is about afterall.We can barely fill up the tbs stand with our own support these days,they could shut the carling and the sieve altogether.We'd still have all fit on Saturday including Mansfields following.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Pompey sold all their allocation in 6 hours and there is demand for more, missed opportunity here.

Prepare for tons of Pompey in the sieve.
NickMurphy

Diggerthedog wrote:Pompey sold all their allocation in 6 hours and there is demand for more, missed opportunity here.

Prepare for tons of Pompey in the sieve.
Their fans have cottoned on to it already, seen a few posting links to our online ticket site.
USADAGGER nick

Do you think we are talking ful sell out?
Diggerthedog

No not a full sell out we have never had one in a league match and only 3 in our current guise.

Reckon we could see 3,500-4,000
admin
Site Admin

Ok, so I'm aware I'll probably get criticised for this comment before I even say it but this is major alarm bells for this club. We have had attendance problems for ages, I even thought only having 18 more fans than Southend was embrassing and we did nothing about it. Surely the must realise this is problem now. I've already conceded that Portsmouth will have double the attendance that we have if not more.
Richie

admin wrote:Ok, so I'm aware I'll probably get criticised for this comment before I even say it but this is major alarm bells for this club. We have had attendance problems for ages, I even thought only having 18 more fans than Southend was embrassing and we did nothing about it. Surely the must realise this is problem now. I've already conceded that Portsmouth will have double the attendance that we have if not more.
We should be embarrassed about what? Teams having more fans than us?
NickMurphy

Not sure what people were really expecting against Portsmouth, a club with their attendances, size, recent history and relative locality were always going to fill out the away end and spill into the home end as well. As long as they're not a bunch of idiots about it in the Sieve I really don't have a problem about it - especially seeing as it'll probably be our biggest gate of the season.

The fact its Portsmouth, regardless of their current situation should bring a few more through the gate in the home end, it had the same effect with Sheffield Wednesday & Charlton at home in League One. If you're looking at say 1200 in the away end and the regular 1300/1500 home supporters you're already looking 2500+ before we've even got to the floaters who will inevitably come along for the game. And that's without considering the extra Pompey fans that WILL be in the Sieve on the day. Looking at all of that we should get 3500 that day. Follow that up with a potentially massive game for Northampton and table topping Chesterfield and we're looking at some handsome attendance profits from away fans in our final three home matches of the season.

Far from being embarrassed, I welcome it.
matt_drfc

I'd love Pompey to get another 500+ terrace tickets for the 'div corner' area. Doesn't bother me one bit if the away fans have more than us, more income at the end of the day. Both our players and us the fans will be up for it more (I hope). Will be a brilliant occasion I think!
ARNU

As long as it can be policed safely let them fill the entire sieve and Bury road end.Bung us all in the TBS,Family stand and the Carling.Job done.Probably get 3000 pompey in that way.Assuming we filled all the seats that'd be 2000 of us and a total gate of 5000.Save all your rage at this comment as you know it'd never happen.Gift horse-mouth !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Hope I'm not too cautious to the wind here and slightly concerned with from what I hear but Pompey are turning up big time here. Its a massive game for them especially if they dont get three points Saturday home to the pools. Also, we if Wycombe goes our way not exactly a small game for us, Be surprised if its not our biggest gate of all time. I should imagine Pompey will, cause of away sell out 'sneak' in to our end, so just hope we all keep our emotions in tack and see out a game we can talk about for ages in the right mode. Gotta really get behind the lads daggers fans!