Money making games coming up

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

It is a bit worrying to learn that there was crowd unrest at Newport Saturday.

Hope the Club appreciate that a number of Portsmouth fans plan to gain enterence and stand amongst home supporters. The allocation of 1200 will go to season ticket holders and they are not the problem. There is a nasty element amongst this lot.
Richie

I'd personally give them the extra 300 in the terrace as we've done before
Phippo

Richie wrote:I'd personally give them the extra 300 in the terrace as we've done before
Let them have as many as can be considered "safe" by the appropiate authorities! I also would not be at all bothered by having less supporters in the ground then the away team. We can do with as much revenue as we can get, especially in the current climate. "Unsavoury" supporters are that whether it's a few or few hundred. Most supporters are well behaved. Our away form (against much bigger gates then ours are) has been very good of late. Maybe the players being up against the crowd spurs them on more then we can.Bring it (and their supporters) on!
ARNU

From my mis spent youth I can confirm that Portsmouth have always had a hooligan element.Im sure you will see an abundance of old bill at the game just like we did when Millwall paid us a visit a few seasons back.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:From my mis spent youth I can confirm that Portsmouth have always had a hooligan element.Im sure you will see an abundance of old bill at the game just like we did when Millwall paid us a visit a few seasons back.
ARNU IS A CASUAL LA LA LA LA
dagger4eva

Combined Portsmouth, Chesterfield & Northampton could put a huge 3-5000 supporters through our turnstiles (incl fans coming into home stands)

That will not only boost up our average attendances but obviously provide some serious dough into the clubs coffers.

Win at Wycombe Saturday and you could see the home numbers seriously swell too.

Happy days!
Diggerthedog

So that's another 300 given to Pompey. Why have we not really looked at giving them as many as possible, Barking college which normally has 20 or so could have been given over too.
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote:So that's another 300 given to Pompey. Why have we not really looked at giving them as many as possible, Barking college which normally has 20 or so could have been given over too.
We do have season ticket holders there remember
Diggerthedog

Relocate them for the game just like I got relocated against Crawley that time, it's a one off maximise revenue when you have crap support is a must. 200 tickets at an average of £15 quid is a lot to throw away when you don't have it.
admin
Site Admin

I can't wait for Portsmouth away next Saturday
Phippo

Diggerthedog wrote:Relocate them for the game just like I got relocated against Crawley that time, it's a one off maximise revenue when you have crap support is a must. 200 tickets at an average of £15 quid is a lot to throw away when you don't have it.
It's not really on to "relocate" season ticket holders just to earn extra revenue in such circumstances! From where I am the Sieve is rarely more then half full (if that) this season. It seems to me it would be more practical to let away support have more of the away end of the Sieve. It would also bring our home support closer together! :D
SUSSEX DAGGER

Phippo wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Relocate them for the game just like I got relocated against Crawley that time, it's a one off maximise revenue when you have crap support is a must. 200 tickets at an average of £15 quid is a lot to throw away when you don't have it.
It's not really on to "relocate" season ticket holders just to earn extra revenue in such circumstances! From where I am the Sieve is rarely more then half full (if that) this season. It seems to me it would be more practical to let away support have more of the away end of the Sieve. It would also bring our home support closer together! :D
Did that not cause a row when we played Crawley two seasons ago. Also I am all for cashing in but there will come a point that extra Police will cost more then you make.
matt_drfc

admin wrote:I can't wait for Portsmouth away next Saturday
:?
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Phippo wrote:
Did that not cause a row when we played Crawley two seasons ago. Also I am all for cashing in but there will come a point that extra Police will cost more then you make.
Might be harder to police now all their fans have bought tickets in the home end, this was always going to happen.

Agree with Phipps more eh barrier in the sieve.
dagger4eva

Dont know if its even feasible but perhaps the club could look to install some kind of retractable fencing to allow a bigger away support in to the sieve when demand requires it.
I appreciate this would cost money and wouldnt be required THAT often .... perhaps twice or 3 times a season or more if should happen to find ourselves back in League 1. So the cost of it would very quickly be recouped.
Just a thought anyway.....