What do you think of the new signings ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

We have one more friendly tomorrow ( 31st ) if you have been to any of the friendlies what do you think of the new signings so far ?
In my mind they all have a great potential to be first class players but like everything in life it what happens further down the road.Now all we need is Sir John to make his mind up on the starting eleven and get the ball rolling for a fantastic season and promotion to league two. C.O.Y.D.
daggerChris

I think all look fairly decent.

Think we will see the difference with Cheek and Ferrier when there bodies adapt to full time training but feel Ferrier could be the standout. Needs to be more clinical but looks a real handful for defenders.

But with the games i have seen the player who has impressed me most has to be Sam Ling. Like i say only an opinion but i feel he has stood out in pre season
DagenHammer87

I was at the Stevenage game yesterday and thought Ferrier really stood out from the new signings.

He's a real handful and with the right shape and delivery, he can be a real fox in the box for us.

The weather conditions were a bit of a problem for us and the pitch played really slow.

New signings wise, I thought Cheek looked a little unsure of his positioning throughout the game; although this was probably something to do with the instructions that he'd been given.

Wasn't overly impressed with N'Gala at all. Looked slow, ponderous and as the experienced, football league playing half of the centre half partnership, didn't take the lead nearly enough. I know he's new; but a young side need leaders in every part of the pitch and I felt he was lacking. Didn't perform particularly well in aerial battles and spent more time screaming "Bondz!" at the ball than winning it.

Yesterday was my first pre-season this year, so I won't rush to judge the players who still have work to do. They're still settling in and not up to full speed yet.

I have every faith in John and the boys and can't wait for Barrow on Saturday. It's been a long summer without football - thank the gods it's back again!!! COYD.
Dagdale

I think most of us the supporters of this fine little club are starting a new campaign with so much more hope and success to slip our way on the signing of at this level two very good strikers that would be high on the wanted lists of nearly all the other National League clubs, thank you ever so much all who made it happen, truly grateful, it wern't too bad a season last time round and well, this one bring it on! but the more I look deeper into it through summaries of the coming season off the likes of the NLP, etc and with the added tenure of a 7th club finish making the prem. play offs its going to be one of the most fought after campaigns ever. Sure must be some serious dollars coming into many clubs at last who make it up going by what other clubs as well as ours the players they've been grabbing, its going to make it such an exciting season I'm sure John and the boys know a slip up and a progressing slip up could turn out so costly but there probably would be no better time than right now with the personal we now have on board to make our best challenge for a very long time, many pundits in there are tipping us well and going back on the thread title absolutely one word Superb!