Boreham wood

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
durnzo

Shame it's fallen on a week night but I'm buzzing for the wood away. Looking back at it, I think it was a very good 1st performance with so many new cogs. Just wondering how many we might get over there on Tuesday? Anyone else going?
BillyC94

Didn't we officially take 396 there at Easter? Although they supposedly had 5 more fans than us in the ground although the home end look particularly sparse compared to the away end. Imagine around 250 this time with it being a week night and a lot of people being on holiday this time round.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
ayrisdagger

Anyone got any information about tickets for this fixture???
durnzo

Pay on the day I believe.
leewilson

Hopefully keep Benson quiet. Should have too much for them but then we were all confident going to Chester in the 2nd game last year and look how that ended up. It's still a new team and there will be some downs in the first 10 games or so. I expect a win but would take a draw.
Dagdale

Think this is got the making of a very good game and close encounter, so hope our fans will make the numbers up as before and brave the midweek traffic. Actually admire the Wood a bit, very small club status and even though the town is a fair size and have big followers of Arsenal and Spurs don't really get supported too well but even when season after season their playing staff are moved on always seem to reform and regroup well on a limited budget and play some good flowing football. Still a bit concerned about our left back slot though and it showed second half Saturday, anybody else noticed the Bluebirds left back who scored Saturday Dan Jones, can't I know judge a player on one given game but liked his game plan, would be a real asset and never seen a player at this level with such a good throw in, in and almost in the opposing box all of the time, class.
Mark

Considering how badly we died yesterday I wonder if we'll make changes. Hawkins and Robinson are surely in contention.
ARNU

Hawkins now actually needs to do something if he wants me off his case at least. It's no coincidence he's warming the bench is it ? Done nothing of note for way too long. Weren't even winning headers yesterday. 400k ..... yeah right. How many players we had over the years think they're maradonna on the strength of a goal against no mark teams like Solihull moors and then get a ridiculous valuation that never actually happens. Josh Scott, Brian woodhall, Rees Murphy, Ben strevens etc etc...I think they actually believe the hype. All I'd say is "Olly you're warming the bench at national league Dagenham , your next stop really ain't the championship old son ".
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
durnzo

Should've cashed in really, I think his value has peaked. Quite liked the look of cheek, but I know not too judge after one match.
DevonDagger

I hope we're not set for another season of people getting on players', particularly Hawkins' back. He played less than 30 minutes of the first game of the new season yesterday, give him a break.
Whilst I concur his second half season wasn't as good as the first, he also was in and out with injuries. Benno then stepped up in his place impressively all things considered, thus Ollie wasn't straight back in the team.

I would be very pleased if Hawkins remained our player for the season.
ARNU

Well forums are about opinions and if we can't express them then why contribute? He needs to rediscover the form of early last season is my point. I doubt if we go back thru all your posts DD it'll be hard to find an instance where you found a players performance lacking. Olly is following in well trodden footsteps of many so called Charlie big spuds that vanished into their own arse shortly after being rated as future Barcelona players. On yesterday's showing Cheek, Feerier and okembirie should keep Hawkins on the sidelines for a bit longer yet. Thing is Hawkins can be brilliant, at least I've seen it.. Howells has done nuffink in a daggers kit of note at all.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Yes but will our Commercial interests in Hawkins be the factor.

We have turned down bids because he is rated so any potential suitors will be asking if you rate him
That highly why can't he get a start.

Just a view
ARNU

Possibly Sussex. I know it happens but just to continue my slight downer on him a little bit, when did he last do anything of note that would continue a big cash buyers interest? He went off the boil months ago and I just hope they didn't see that nause up 1 on 1 that would've sewn up the game yesterday. A pressure moment that when gifted it he slabbsed up big time( pressure moments like penalties he ain't good at either)Maybe they'll make a bid on the keeper instead.
Diggerthedog

All this talk of £400k is nonsense all of the offers we have had as per John Still are nowhere near the figures quoted. A few teams have tried to get him on the cheap around the £100k mark and when you see the price of players it is a pisstake and they have rightly been told to piss off. Last season we lacked depth and the current squad we're lucky to have that. It was Hawkins first full season as a pro last year and it showed, mayst have been knackered.

He will score goals this season about same as last is my guess and that could well be the difference come May.
Pondfield Dagger

come on you daggers, 11/5 for win tonight, the trio of cheek, Whiteley, okenabirhie, will smash it tonight!!!