Deleted thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

So I recently posted a thread on the events in the TBS bar at half time and yet it seems to have disappeared. I know Kim Jung Un is a busy bloke so would be surprised if he currently has extra capacity to moderate this forum......
Auntie Merge

I'm not sure why it was deleted. I contacted the safety officer and told him it was there.
admin
Site Admin

Dagger4eva - I deleted the thread and I have a good reason why. I'm happy for you to PM me if you would like me to explain why I did it
durnzo

Ominous start to the season. People can bang on about how football fans should be able to share a bar all they want, and I agree it should be possible, but the simple fact is it isn't. Quite a few of their fans were obviously "enjoying" their day out and were acting like beer heroes. I don't know if some of our lot provoked them or whatever, and I don't really care if I'm being honest, but the club needs to have a think about the current situation. When the handbags got a bit physical it looked like the old bill were going to lose control for a minute.

I also has the pleasure of a well lubricated northern "lady" shouting "it's him, it's him" at me whilst I was in the process of getting my beer safe. I found it all very amusing, although she didnt appreciate my laughing, to be fair as I'd come straight from work on my jacks and was having my first beer of the day. So whatever it was, it certainly wasn't me!

Not sure what can be done to be honest now the club have sold season tickets to home fans in that end. Possibly move away fans to the family stand and any over fill in the block nearest to it and not let them use the bar (a lot of them looked like they'd had their fill!!)

I'm sure we'll get a few posts saying people should be able to behave themselves, but we don't live in a perfect world and it's never gonna happen. But let's focus on the pitch which is shaping up to be another good season. Look for the positive!!!
steeevooo

admin wrote:Dagger4eva - I deleted the thread and I have a good reason why. I'm happy for you to PM me if you would like me to explain why I did it
Having also read the original (now deleted) post, I'm also intrigued as to why it was deleted in its entirety - I'm sure you have good reasons for doing so, but to just simply remove the whole thing without any comment does seem rather heavy handed.
dagger4eva

Im happy for you to explain on this thread why it was deleted. The original post had nothing factually incorrect...
durnzo

This all sounds pretty juicy for a Sunday afternoon. I didn't see the thread but is there Any chance of giving us a clue as to why it was deleted? I'm double intrigued!! And a bit nosy.
ARNU

Why do people even feel the need to drink beer at a football match anyway. Not saying you shouldn't but perhaps if somebody with a propensity for moronism after 1 shandy should possibly consider soft drinks instead. Also has anyone ever stopped and thought actually how ridiculous singing how someone is a wanker for merely supporting their team is?? If it's any consolation most people grow out of it quite early on.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
durnzo

Completely agree arnu, I let myself down quite regularly as a youngster but now at the grand old age of 35 (today) I'm completely baffled by the need to shout abuse at someone you don't even know. But it was, is and always will be so the solution, if there is one, has to take that into account. I had a great time over there yesterday and didn't offer anyone out. I can't see how it would've enhanced my "match day experience"!!!
Dagdale

Why, cant when away following of less that 300 which at this level is quite the norm be put into the corner rack of the sieve? Ever since I've been coming to our ground now its mostly just a wasted area, you know the six to eight pens or so coming onto the corner of the TBS? After all didn't they put Pompey and Southend in there once or twice? Know the first thing to shout from is what about food/drink kiosk/ toilet, entrance and exit, well I'm sure fitting it all in there isn't going to take Albert Einstein. Last season we shared toilets/refreshments with a number of well supported clubs without hardly a whimper, I think problem can sometime arouse at close proximity in under tunnel with people already a bit under with booze on pre- entry to ground with a bit of high octane inside on what's happening above with the first 45. Just hope we don't get dragged out of TBS long term because its certainly created a far better atmosphere and sure know the singing helps push the team on, and all what club and fans have worked together on and given it a blessing will be gone for a long time and be sad if its lost.
Chigwellian

Last season at Barrow, we were seated just the other side of a stairway to the home supporters with no issues at all, so not sure why it there was animosity, apart from possibly the half time score and the way Barrow were under the cosh
durnzo

It wasn't a major issue in my humble, a bit of hand bags and beer heroes who were having trouble staying vertical trapping off. It only takes a couple of oxygen thieves to ruin it. The trouble is you never know which team is gonna cause grief so to avoid it give the best stand in the ground to us and move the away fans elsewhere. Or have more police in the bar and sort of segregate it. That way the posture types can get it out if their system without actually getting near each other.

It really was a storm in a tea cup, but I'm guessing the club are taking it seriously. I've bought my ST in that stand now so I'll be double ****** off if we end up having to move elsewhere.

Either way, roll on Tuesday night and hopefully some more entertaining footy. The difference a year(and a bit) makes!!!
Diggerthedog

I spoke to and a good chat with several Barrow fans just after the nonsense. Like the copper said to me those that are posturing in the bar (not actually buying a drink I might add) will stop once they take a good hiding.
Auntie Merge

Here's some info from Boreham Wood FC Which is currently wrong in that it says the bar will be open to both sets of fans, as an official statement says the Clubhouse is home fans only, and they've confirmed this via twitter.
http://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/news/
durnzo

There's a couple of decent boozers on the high street so I'll stick to them. And an amazing Thai restaurant that came to the rescue last season. Set meal B for four people, can't go wrong.