CLUB STATEMENT REGARDING BEHAVIOR

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Very happy with this statement - well done to Steve and the club for taking the swift action required.

Now, bring on Ebbsfleet!!
redboy

Absolutely spot on. I first noticed these mindless idiots two years ago when we lost at Barnet. At Braintree last year, it was just as bad when I actually stood with the Braintree fans who seemed more decent than ours. The language, aggression and overall behaviour was a disgrace to any club, let alone ours which has always proudly held a family tradition. We all like a laugh, banter with the opposing fans and players, but where has all this hatred come from?

Why just ban them for a season though? Is that really going to change them? They'll just stay at home with their toys for a while and come back again.
daggersjeff

Good News indeed!!
ayrisdagger

Spot on redboy. They should get one of those banned from one, banned from all sort of thing but indefinitely
Pondfield Dagger

are these the `bounce in the minute` lads`?
Reg Varneys wife

It's about time, ban this scum for life, it's been going on now for at least 3 seasons and gradually getting worse.
It's obvious to those of us who travel away quite often, that it is the same culprits, they are not there to support the team, they just want to cause trouble.
RM1Dagger

Well I don't know if this had anything to do with it but obviously a few stayed away in the TBS and as a result the atomosphere was pretty awful. Only raised temporarily by the nature of the game.

I think we can all agree we don't want bad behaviour (and it would seem the club had no choice)but it strikes me it may have had a detrimental effect on the atomosphere. Which is a shame anyway but particularly in a local derby.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

When you say atmosphere was awful, what was missing other than chants about pedophiles and goading the away fans ? I didn't miss that and the game was exciting enough without all the cobblers they bring to the party. There was definitely a good feeling about the game tonight, I'm really not sure why anyone thinks having a small mouthy abusive group goading away supporters is an atmosphere other than a bad one. Fair enough if there's a group singing and motivating the team but all that recent shite really won't be missed.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

There was very little atmosphere tonight partly down to crack down on people worrying about Breathing in a manner not suitable for a day at bowls. The fact we were all constantly watched like criminals on a day out from jail is disappointing.
Daggernewbie

As a few of you have pointed out about the lack of atmosphere in the TBS it was noticed by a few of us in the sieve but no doubt once things settle down the atmosphere will return even the sieve was quieter than normal.
RM1Dagger

God, I hope so. My son who's 12 was even moaning about it. Arnu pointed out about the unsavoury chants etc but from my view (close) this is a small minority and whilst that small minority can be vocal, the majority it seems to me start up the songs and get behind the team. Seems like a few might have stayed away in protest? Be interested to know if this is right...
Now the SE27 Dagger
dagger4eva

Was two of us who decided to revert back to behind the Bury Road goal end yesterday.

I'm sure the TBS atmosphere will pick back up slowly but surely though
nomis

Whatever happened at Eastleigh I can't comment on , but come on guys we can't use that as an excuse to not make a noise

We can still create an atmosphere singing and chanting songs and get behind the team

I heard a few cries last night from our fans that we aren't allowed to chant when bated by the Ebbsfleet fans !!

What a load of pony

We can make as much noise as we want

What is not acceptable is the piss taking of certain things

We all like a laugh and a joke as the Ebbsfleet fans did with the Phil Mitchell steward piss take , but it's knowing the boundaries etc and when not to cross them

So let's make some noise for the boys and enjoy cheering and shouting for our team in the spirit it should be done
Alan

This. ^