Well done the club

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Is good to see this, but why limit this to just West Ham fans? We have the misfortune of also having Arsenal and Spurs fans surrounding us too. Seeing as almost all Arsenal fans have been pretty disillusioned with their club recently, we should also be offering them a fresh perspective on football.
admin
Site Admin

Decent idea, worth a go
BB-Dagger

Interesting idea and worth a try to increase crowd sizes, I wonder how west ham fans (if they support the Daggers on the day) will react If we win! it could be a bit confusing for them! :lol:
Daggernewbie

NBDag wrote:Is good to see this, but why limit this to just West Ham fans? We have the misfortune of also having Arsenal and Spurs fans surrounding us too. Seeing as almost all Arsenal fans have been pretty disillusioned with their club recently, we should also be offering them a fresh perspective on football.
Good point NBdag as you say we also have Arsenal & Spurs fans but why not make this offer open to all season ticket holders from any league club including the National league.
DI Mike Dashwood

There may well be a reason for this. As stated on the article, this is a continuation of the link up between the Clubs (may be relating to them using the ground etc).

I am sure there is a reason behind it, the Club don't just pluck ideas from thin air without discussion I wouldn't think, despite what some people seem to think.

I have nothing for or against West Ham, but think this is an excellent idea, and ties in with other discussions on here on other threads about attracting new support.
NBDag

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:There may well be a reason for this. As stated on the article, this is a continuation of the link up between the Clubs (may be relating to them using the ground etc).

I am sure there is a reason behind it, the Club don't just pluck ideas from thin air without discussion I wouldn't think, despite what some people seem to think.

I have nothing for or against West Ham, but think this is an excellent idea, and ties in with other discussions on here on other threads about attracting new support.
Can't disagree that it's not a good idea or step in the right direction, but I don't think there is a reason for only advertising to West Ham aside from maybe not thinking it's worth it. I think the u23s reason was just given because we can't exactly write "We're local and you're team is playing shit right now. Give us a go as we might put a smile back on your face".

I can't imagine that Dagenham would have had to get West Ham's permission to do this, so I don't get why they just didn't write Arsenal, Spurs/other London clubs. Even if it brings in just one extra fan, for the sake of an extra sentence it's worth it surely?

Not complaining about the initiative, just giving some constructive criticism. Would be good as well if we could get some of the West Ham social media pages and website advertising this too.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Where did we go a couple of seasons back were if you showed a season ticket for any Premier/ Championship Club you got a discount. It was a week of an international break I remember that
Daggernewbie

DI Mike Dashwood the reason is there`s no Premier league this weekend as they say on the our website that`s why they made the offer.
Alan

Great initiative. Can't believe some people are complaining about this.
Dagger83

Alan wrote:Great initiative. Can't believe some people are complaining about this.
People love a moan.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
IanC

Great idea and have nothing against it,but shouldn't it be on their website too.I know I'm all goggled up these days but I certainly didn't see any mention of it.
NBDag

Dagger83 wrote:
Alan wrote:Great initiative. Can't believe some people are complaining about this.
People love a moan.
Saying a way to perhaps do something even better isn't complaining, just constructive criticism. Only people complaining about it are those who don't have season tickets and want to be given an incentive to do something that they already do.
Alan

Wasn't aimed at your post NB, it was at some of the twitter moaning along the lines of "why should a West Ham fan get in for less than me".
Daggernewbie

Alan wrote:Wasn't aimed at your post NB, it was at some of the twitter moaning along the lines of "why should a West Ham fan get in for less than me".
They have the right to moan wouldn`t you if you/they are paying £15 to get in but if they should ( in my mind ) look beyond Saturdays game and we get a few coming over they might come back more often, then they be paying the same £15 or more and what ever else they spend which in the long benefits the club.