The Heed

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

Well, this can't go any worse than last time right?
Having sum total of 0 points against Gateshead last season, any result tomorrow will be a gain on last season.

They've started pretty well, though I wouldn't say spectacular. Two of their three wins have been against Torquay and Guiseley at home.
Their away form has been less good - 2 defeats and a draw. So I think I think we should be winning this one.

Their two last games have been 0-0s and believe it or not have conceded only 3 goals in their 7 fixtures. Part of me wonders if this is the worst kind of team to play us, strong defensively but capable of nicking a goal - which (perhaps less so over the last two fixtures) we have been capable of conceding.

I'm going to go for a similar game as the Barrow one - 2-1.

I think Joe White will get his first chance, watching the pre-match interview with Stilly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dz7ybkILAo), he didn't exactly beam confidence about Cheek's injury.
NBDag

I agree that this could be one of the worst types of teams to play us and at the worst time too. Gateshead are no fools defensively and I'm not sure whether White/Bloomfield/Romain are ready to be leading the attack against a team like that. However saying that with Ferrier, Whitely and Fejiri behind them, you would like to think that even Dave Hogan could do the business up top against anyone in this league.

Ben Nunn had a fractured hand and has been playing full 90s behind closed doors, so you'd expect him to play at right back with a cast whilst Ling is out. Aside from that keep the team the same and hopefully we'll manage to see this through.

If I was ever going to put a bet on a game I'd go for a 1-0 win tomorrow. But I'm not too confident that we will get that.
Dagdale

Really hope Cheek is fit enough to come back because boy do we need him with this team of giants but if he is to delicate a risk thus make an injury worse, a White or Romain could feature I reckon. Although to be fair he seems to be playing a 'David Fairclough' role' still not quite sure where Jake Howells fits in our side, Stilly says he can go left back , anyway good luck boys, sounds good weather for it and keep the momentum going and full attack from all angles, sure this will go a draw but goals there will be, a 2-2.
grumpy old git

Possibly our small fast forward line playing the ball on the floor is just what we need against a team of giants.
durnzo

It looks like I won't be able to make it so a definite win!!!
Mark

Be disappointed if we don't win this but also feel with some of our defending and lack of a vaguely experienced centre forward we are probably due a loss.

I would consider putting Howell in for Hawkins and giving Corey a completely free role with Ferrier leading the line.
DaggerJoel11

Gateshead are a good defensive side, but so were Bromley. As for the Cheek injury saga, I think Okenabirhie could play as a left striker as he has done so before, which would mean Howells plays in left wing. Don't know whether Boucaud is playing due to international friendlies?

Daggers 3 Heed 1

Ferrier
Whitely
Whitely
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Auntie Merge

Difficult game to predict but what the heck.
Daggers 6 Gateshead 0
Ferrier 2
Whitely 3
1 OG

Attendance 1345.
Mark

Andre wasn't selected
stanton101

I'll opt for a very tight 1-0 win with Whitley scoring.