Get in Joe!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

If it hits the bar you can't score the rebound. If the gk saves it you can.

Don't get it. If you aren't sure smash it down the middle.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Great team effort great result and very well deserved.

Last season we would have been bullied out of that. Gateshead were physical knew all the tricks and were not frightened to use them.

Three players stood out to me , firstly Morgan Ferrier who after the penalty and the bad miss ( come on it was)
and being denied by a fantastic save he could have hid but did not and kept on trying and rightfully got his reward.He held the line superbly throughout

All I will say about the penalty is it was wasteful but the way we dealt with the rebound was just as bad.

Creig Robson and Matt Robinson. Now I don't think its rocket science that when you play a solid Centre half at Centre half and one of the best midfielders in this league in midfield instead of scratching his arse on the bench why things look a lot more solid throughout.

Thought both of them had really good games and that ball to the far post from Robinson for the second goal was simply the ball of the game.

The other accolade has to go to the ref who did a fantastic job of keeping time, dispelling the myth at a stroke that he was completely useless.
NickMurphy

Chuffed for White to score on debut but even happier for Romain to finally get on the scoresheet. He looks like a good player and hopefully that goal is the thing he needs to kick on and bag a few. Said for a while now once the monkey is off his back I think he'll flourish. Given the injuries we have up top at the moment that goal couldn't have come at a better time and I think he'll start next week.

Elsewhere - happy with Ben Nunn. Looks like we've got two fairly solid and consistent right-backs in the squad which is something we've not had for a while. Also very impressed with Jake Howells' set-piece delivery, which, although a small thing, can be extremely important a la the first goal this afternoon.