North Korean Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:Surely as a moderator it is better to prune individual posts - either edit them or delete them rather than kill the whole discussion by locking a thread?
The Glyn Hopkin thread is a key example of this.

The board is not without criticism so to mention that people on here are not allowed to criticism is North Korea and also demonstrates your personal friendships and connections are influencing moderation decisions.
Come along now Merge, you started a thread which you later locked to prevent further discussion. Furthermore, the promised proof of the truth or retraction in the absence of proof of what you posted has still to materialise.

In that thread you stated that Thommo should be curtailed and severely reprimanded (sic) if he took the action on his own rather than it being a board decision, but as it seems it was Glyn Hopkin who told him to take the action, for some reason you have not answered the simple question as to whether you think Mr Hopkin should be "curtailed and severely reprimanded". I don't understand why one board member merits a whole post and rant for taking action, but another doesn't, unless it is because of your own friendships/connections.
Everything in that original post from Merge was factually correct. This is not me sticking up for her I actually know it was. It was frozen as Merge said due to her discussion with Glyn who is very approachable and will always listen to anyone's concerns and deal with it accordingly. He is now in control and in my view will make changes for the better.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Everything in that original post from Merge was factually correct. This is not me sticking up for her I actually know it was. It was frozen as Merge said due to her discussion with Glyn who is very approachable and will always listen to anyone's concerns and deal with it accordingly. He is now in control and in my view will make changes for the better.
Simmo said this about that post:
The first post in this thread contains many untruths, it's potentially" libellous and is causing unnecessary friction and unrest between supporters

Therefore an apology and retraction would be appreciated.
And yet that post was factually correct? Maybe we should be asking that Simmo gets "curtailed and severely reprimanded"?

You know for a fact that Steve Thompson sent an email to 21 clubs, and what is more that he took this action single handedly?
Alan

So Diggerthedog, how do you know that he sent an email to all 21 clubs?

To be fair Mike, Merge said she wanted to know IF Thommo took the decision singlehandedly rather than it being a board decision and that if he did he should be "curtailed and severely reprimanded", not that Thommo actually did it singlehandedly. Bennett says Hopkin took the decision, which I've not seen anyone dispute.
Alan

[quote="Auntie Merge"

As a moderator I have never posted anything 'potentially libellous'. Everything I post has had truth behind it. I do seem to have some posters insisting I 'provide evidence' or name my sources, yet they don't seem to be that aggressive to other people who make statements or comment.[/quote]

Auntie Merge wrote:
I am currently awaiting proof that my statement was correct. If it finds out I am wrong (a rare occurrence btw) then I will accept I am wrong and amend things accordingly. But my sources tell me I am not wrong.
An excellent attempt to deflect attention, but as can be seen above, it was you that said you'd be getting proof and that if you are wrong, accepting and amending things. You are just being reminded of that undertaking. Have you got the proof yet? If not, instead of criticising others, it's time you accepted you were wrong and retracted what you said.
Auntie Merge

I am not wrong. Stop pressing it Alan.
Alan

I think people will draw their own conclusions from that.
davei

As my boy Donald would say, this seems like fake news.........
Lcbdagger

Alan wrote:I think people will draw their own conclusions from that.
Hard to disagree
Dagger Steve

Wow.

This is all rather sad isnt it.
Go out and enjoy life people.

Dagenham & Redbridge were involved in a football match today by the way.