Argh!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Just when it looks like we have turned it around our old friend lastminutegoal appears! Thanks! !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Waot to you see it ! Lewi appears to have it and somehow either he throws it or goes under his body and just rolled over the line with him scrambling back. Whatever he has done its a shocker of a mistake.
Chigwellian

Don't you mean Lewington
Richie

Stu made it sound like a Lewy howler and an OG.

I'd have taken 2-2 pre match but not like that!
ARNU

I'd have took a draw before hand.

But to lose in the 90th minute again because of clumsy goalkeeping is a bit hard to take.We've had a ropey defence all season and a calamity keeper,I'm not aware of Seabright making any rickets so far,give him a go for a bit.How long are we going to keep excusing Lewy cos of his age and all those other sentimental crap excuses. :roll:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:I'd have took a draw before hand.

But to lose in the 90th minute again because of clumsy goalkeeping is a bit hard to take.We've had a ropey defence all season and a calamity keeper,I'm not aware of Seabright making any rickets so far,give him a go for a bit.How long are we going to keep excusing Lewy cos of his age and all those other sentimental crap excuses. :roll:
Only two each Arnu... steady on we didn't lose :P
ARNU

Yeah happy with a point,but the kid aint no Dave Hogan.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Chigwellian wrote:Don't you mean Lewington
Thats him wears a Green Shirt and is meant to be a Goalkeeper. Forgive him that he cant do the basic requirement of any footballer i.e kick the bloody thing but thisvis shocking.

Just seen it again the look on the Captains face is an absloute picture. He goes down to pick up the ball somehow he allows the ball to run up his arm over his shoulder and roll over the line.

What a way to lose two points. The only consolation I take out of it moments before they had a call for a penalty that looked nailed on.

Postaives to take were the new lad looked usefull. Medi had a good game and took his penalty with the upmost
confidence, how he ever lost that job remains a mystery.

Norris took his goal very well and I have no doubt he would have scored just as many goals as Murphy.
Daggers No 2 Fan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Thats him wears a Green Shirt and is meant to be a Goalkeeper. Forgive him that he cant do the basic requirement of any footballer i.e kick the bloody thing but thisvis shocking.
It's weird how someone who can't kick a ball regularly kicks the ball further than any of our other players, even to the point of him being left to take some kicks instead of these players.

Players make mistakes. Unfortunately when goalkeepers do it there is no one behind them bail them out. When other players screw up and their goalkeeper gets them off the hook not much gets said.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Thats him wears a Green Shirt and is meant to be a Goalkeeper. Forgive him that he cant do the basic requirement of any footballer i.e kick the bloody thing but thisvis shocking.
It's weird how someone who can't kick a ball regularly kicks the ball further than any of our other players, even to the point of him being left to take some kicks instead of these players.

Players make mistakes. Unfortunately when goalkeepers do it there is no one behind them bail them out. When other players screw up and their goalkeeper gets them off the hook not much gets said.
Fair point number 2 .
Lcbdagger

Ouch... Just seen the goal

not sure how they gave it to the exeter player... Surely an og
Daggers No 2 Fan

How is it an own goal? It's a shot on target that takes a bobble off the floor right in front of the goalkeeper. It isn't like Lewi has deflected a cross in.

Nice to see that the first goal came from a cross yet again.
Lcbdagger

He hasn't deflected the ball in... it's gone forward off him, then backwards again off his body in to the goal
leewilson

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:

This. We're all human. We're not perfect. It hurts because it's the final minute and we were leading. On the whole though, if you look back, Lewy has had a good season. He's made many key saves and been the most consistent I can remember him being. Mistakes will pop up from time to time and we should expect that due to the level he's playing at. Like I said, it hurts but we move on. I suppose at least we got a point.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Do you know what is sad about this whole issue and that is the posatives of yesterday have been overshadowed.

The lad from Cambridge looked very promising. Our game plan was working a treat at 2-1 we went deep and sprung them on the counter.

When we broke out we had them all over the place. Regretably we had a three on one ,somehow when the ball was played to Norris he had managed to step offside. A situation that does give a lot of credence to no2 view about the Horlicks made by the Goalkeeper. There was a big moment when the game should have been put to bed.

The talking point obviously is the last gasp equaliser and Norris fantastic goal has not even been commented on.

Thought he did very well yesterday and Murphy is not going to be a shew in to get back in the side when fit. This lads is no mug at this level