Argh!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

Lewy just needs a kick up the arse from time to time. When Bond came in a few seasons ago Lewy had a strong end to the season after being put back in and he had a good start to this season after Seabright was number 1 at the end of the last. I think Seabright should get another run in the side again, hes never put a foot wrong and it'll do Lewy good too, think he needs a rest.
Phippo

leewilson wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Thats him wears a Green Shirt and is meant to be a Goalkeeper. Forgive him that he cant do the basic requirement of any footballer i.e kick the bloody thing but thisvis shocking.
It's weird how someone who can't kick a ball regularly kicks the ball further than any of our other players, even to the point of him being left to take some kicks instead of these players.

Players make mistakes. Unfortunately when goalkeepers do it there is no one behind them bail them out. When other players screw up and their goalkeeper gets them off the hook not much gets said.
This. We're all human. We're not perfect. It hurts because it's the final minute and we were leading. On the whole though, if you look back, Lewy has had a good season. He's made many key saves and been the most consistent I can remember him being. Mistakes will pop up from time to time and we should expect that due to the level he's playing at. Like I said, it hurts but we move on. I suppose at least we got a point.
Have to disagree on Lewy having a good season! Too many mistakes plus consistant hesitation in his area. As I've said in another thread, too many players persevered with when not performing well. Seabright has looked sound (to me anyway) when given rare starts. Surely he should be given another start soon? If he's not good enough then why is he in the squad?
Auntie Merge

Phippo wrote:

Have to disagree on Lewy having a good season! Too many mistakes plus consistant hesitation in his area. As I've said in another thread, too many players persevered with when not performing well. Seabright has looked sound (to me anyway) when given rare starts. Surely he should be given another start soon? If he's not good enough then why is he in the squad?
I actually said during the last home game that sadly I couldn't see Lewy being first choice keeper next season - he has been making too many sloppy mistakes.
NickMurphy

Hmm, I don't really know what to think with Lewy, he's obviously a very good shot stopper but his concentration has been brought up before, I know we're League Two and all that but he seems to commit a a fair few basic errors over the course of a season. I don't think Seabright's ready yet so at the moment, I probably wouldn't take Lewy out of the team.
ARNU

If this was an outfield player he'd have been caned by all and sundry and dropped.

Saah makes a mistake a few weeks back..Dropped.
Femi,Saunders,Medy,Bingham for years ditto.Even Hines. (All quite rightly by the way)

Calamity Chris cant kick a ball,spends a lot of time out of position and has howlers all the time.Who remembers the Cheltenham hand ball where he got sent off for doing what he'd done previously a few games before,or that Barnet away 30 yarder he watched roll into the goal(I was there it was a shocker) All we do is pat him on the head every time he makes these hideous mistakes.

Seabright in for a bit now please Wayne.I have a feeling this will happen unlike under Judas.(see Gavin Tomlin for details)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="ARNU"]If this was an outfield player he'd have been caned by all and sundry and dropped.

Saah makes a mistake a few weeks back..Dropped.
Femi,Saunders,Medy,Bingham for years ditto.Even Hines. (All quite rightly by the way)

Calamity Chris cant kick a ball,spends a lot of t ime out of position and has howlers all the time.Who remembers the Cheltenham hand ball where he got sent off for doing what he'd done previously a few games before,or that Barnet away 30 yarder he watched roll into the goal(I was there it was a shocker) All we do is pat him on the head every time he makes these hideous mistakes.

Seabright in for a bit now please Wayne.I have a feeling this will happen unlike under Judas.(see Gavin Tomlin for details)[/quote

Does seemed to have had a charmed life. He was sent off twice that season Arnu did the same thing Macclesfield. Then there was the air kick at Crewe and the horlicks at Barnet. That year we had two young promising bright Goalkeepers in Shay and Bond. Both did nothing wrong when called upon but both were dropped at the first time of him being fit or suspension free. As you say any other Player would have been dropped and be interesting to see if Seabright who had his finest hour where Lewington had a nightmare yesterday ( how important was that save last year) gets the call Tuesday
Daggers No 2 Fan

Neither Shea or Bond were our players and clubs should be looking to use their own rather than loanees at all times.

If we start dropping players everytime they make mistakes we'll need a squad of about 50 in order to cope with the constant rotation.

I've not seen anyone complain about the defending for their first yesterday, but it was far from impressive.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Neither Shea or Bond were our players and clubs should be looking to use their own rather than loanees at all times.

If we start dropping players everytime they make mistakes we'll need a squad of about 50 in order to cope with the constant rotation.

I've not seen anyone complain about the defending for their first yesterday, but it was far from impressive.
What utter tosh we ended up with four loans on the pitch yesterday and have had more loans over the past few years then contracted players .

The same for 80% of teams at this level.

Talent would be denied and British football would be the worse for it if that attitude was adopted.

Clubs loan players not to sit in a stand or on a bench.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Neither Shea or Bond were our players and clubs should be looking to use their own rather than loanees at all times.

What utter tosh we ended up with four loans on the pitch yesterday and have had more loans over the past few years then contracted players .

Talent would be denied and British football would be the worse for it if that attitude was adopted.

spot on... bizarre to be taking any other line of thought with the sheer number of loans we have had in the past few years
Phippo

The problem is we don't drop players every time they make mistakes. Fact is certain players who make mistakes or under perform time after time keep their place in the team. As I said earlier Seabright (not a loan player) deserves to be given a game (surely) due to the current form of our number one keeper!
Chigwellian

Can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind Lewey giving the opponents centre half an almighty shove.... Time and time again this happens, and he will surely get penalised for this at some point.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Something that has appeared recently the shoving.

Obviously been encouraged to do it.Got pulled out by the referree Saturday and spoken to.
Daggers No 2 Fan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: What utter tosh we ended up with four loans on the pitch yesterday and have had more loans over the past few years then contracted players .

I'm not sure why you preempted your own post by announcing it was going to be tosh, but you were right.
We certainly haven't had more loan players than contracted players in recent seasons. I'm fairly sure if we did that we'd be unable to field teams.

How many loanees did we have when we won the Conference or the playoffs? Of the very few, how many were playing regularly.
There isn't any talent being denied. What denies the talent is that the players can't get games for their own clubs, not them not getting a game for a nothing League 2 team. Or maybe I've missed all the appearances that the loanees we've had have gone on to make.

If we concentrated on developing our own players rather than someone else's we'd be much better off.
Clubs sign players to play, not sit in a stand or on the bench.
davei

Totally agree with Dagger #2.

If we build our team around loanee's by virtue of their title, they are going to leave at some point and we then have to start from scratch all over again. We need to cultivate our core group of players so we can look to the future with some confidence that a team "under construction" finally gets built.

The reason British players are not being given the chance is the level of imports coming in, pure and simple. Some of these import players turning up are given credentials that far outweigh their true talent, which, by the time their true talents are discovered (see not up to UK standards), the home grown talent has basically given up trying.

Now, I may be mistaken, but some years back, in order to grow their home grown talent, was it not the Italians who placed a maximum 2 import player embargo on their teams which forced them to cultivate from within (as I say I may be mistaken on this, so if anyone can correct me on this please do).
Mark

The shoving annoys me. Half the time he's pushing somebody when the ball has come in. By the time he's finished the ball is often in our net.

Tbh I'd give a penalty as soon as the corner is taken.