Shaymen (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

Great first half, could've been a lot more but the point about the decision making of our forwards is right. Love Ferrier but I'm not sure why he feels the need to beat someone then wait for them so he can beat them again. Howells looked a lot better today but I still think the Ferrier, Whitely, Boucaud, Robson or Nunn could've got motm instead. Fair play to Ling too, two decent games on the wrong side, I'd rather have him there than Pennell at the moment. Can anyone tell me what happened with the Halifax fans in the tb stand?
Adrian

Thought we did a very professional job today.
Dealt with their only plan really well, and gave Denton nothing.

Kandi looked a real handful. Howells does a reasonable job of getting us going forward. He's never going to best fullbacks for pace but will play good balls.
Ferrier could do with just beating his man once and not going back to try it again.

Special mention for the referee today. Utterly brainless.
Their six had to be sent off after dragging back Ferrier in the second half.
The drop ball was a joke. Either stop Play when the players go down straight away or let the ball go out.
A little common sense would have said to give the corner as the ball was going out as he blew his whistle.
Giving the drop ball was just asking for trouble.
ARNU

Well I feel like I witnessed a 1-0 defeat. Didn't get there till the start of the 2nd half and only goal I saw was theirs. Too easy for them I thought. It was obvious Halifax were shit though. Can't see how they were 2nd before today's game. By far the worst side to play us this season I thought. There was a bit of agg outside as I walked thru the car park. Some lads were thrown out. Didn't recognise if they were our idiots or theirs. What was that all about ? C
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenHammer87

A good result and what could prove to be a very handy three points come the end of the year.

Felt we contained Denton well and controlled the game. That first half was brilliant and was one of the best 45 minutes I've seen in recent years. However, I felt that straight after the break we took our foot off the gas and let them back into the game.

The goal was such a soft one to concede and everyone was panicking about Denton that we let the scorer straight in unchallenged.

All things considered we did well. I personally thought Ferrier or Nunn were MOTM for me today with Ferrier edging it.
Alan

They had 4 or 5 thrown out. for some reason, they kept trying to cross the neutral area to get into the home end.
Diggerthedog

Great performance after the last two games. If we apply ourselves like we can we beat anyone in his league. The division is here for anyone that wants it 3 points separate the top 12 after 11 games is crazy. Like someone said on paper two easy games to come but we all know we don't do it the easy way.

At times we are a pleasure to watch, when you think of the tripe that was served up a few years back you wonder why more people don't come to watch.

There were 5-6 Halifax fans intent on causing trouble, first in the pipe major then in the club house and finally in the ground. Our fans were exemplary despite the severe provocation when on of theirs entered our end and squared up to one of ours. Pathetic grown men. The decent Halifax fans have had enough of their antics.

Cracking season so far well done to the lads.
Dagdale

Other than a slight couple of hiccups splendid display today and well worthy of the 3 points, amazing that we didn't add any more goals second half but what a way to pull back up the table just seems so crazy that out of the blue comes unexpected results elsewhere and there's no team taking off on its own, its one big huddle. Can't fault anyone of our boys today, first class job done and just can't get me head round why are gates are not better?
CrownDagger

Great first half OK second half a good win. I only saw the incident in the TBS from the carling stand but what a disgrace our stewards are. Our MD messages all clubs about a couple of poxy flags BUT we let people go across no mans land into the home end and don't chuck them out. Are we having a ******** laugh?
stanton101

For some reason I thought we'd come unstuck today, probably due to the fact that they'd had a good result at Orient. But when we scored our 2nd it was pretty evident they were shite.
Nice to get back to winning ways and special praise to Lingy whose improving and my motm Robinson who in my opinion came in for some unnecessary stick against Sutton.
Well done boys.
Pondfield Dagger

halifax forum...interesting.. even their fans know our game plan..

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php ... ad/&page=4

On 16/09/2017, 19:29:56, Greggs said:

That is Dagenham's modus operandi, ie kill a game off by half time and make moderately defensive substitutions from the 55th minute of the game to secure the points. And it works, as it did against us today.

Proof you say:

Home - Barrow - Dagenham -2-0 up at half time, Dagenham win 2-1, strikers substituted in the 65th, 82nd and 88th minute and a defender, midfielder and 198cm centreforward brought on late when the score 2-1.

Away - Boreham Wood - Dagenham 2-1 at half time, win by that score. strikers substituted in the 68th, 73rd and 87th minutes with the 198 cm cf brought on as well as a defender and a midfielder.

Home - Ebbsfleet - Dagenham 2-0 at half time, win 3-1. Strikers substituted in the 69th and 72nd minutes and substitute striker and centreforward brought on.

Home -Bromley - Dagenham 3-1 at half time and win 5-1. Strikers substituted in the 52nd and 77th minute and big centre forward and striker brought on.

Home-Town - Dagenham - 3-0 at half time, 3-1 full time, striker substituted n the 77th minute for a midfielder.

Notice a pattern here??

You could also add:

Home - Sutton - Dagenham 1-1 at half time and lose 1-2 to a 90 plus 1 minute winner to Sutton. 2 strikers subbed in the 63rd and one in the 85th and a striker, a defender brought on in the 63rd minute and a midfielder in the 85th.

Sometimes you have to play horses for courses.
Adrian

Pondfield Dagger wrote:halifax forum...interesting.. even their fans know our game plan..

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php ... ad/&page=4

On 16/09/2017, 19:29:56, Greggs said:

That is Dagenham's modus operandi, ie kill a game off by half time and make moderately defensive substitutions from the 55th minute of the game to secure the points. And it works, as it did against us today.

Proof you say:

Home - Barrow - Dagenham -2-0 up at half time, Dagenham win 2-1, strikers substituted in the 65th, 82nd and 88th minute and a defender, midfielder and 198cm centreforward brought on late when the score 2-1.

Away - Boreham Wood - Dagenham 2-1 at half time, win by that score. strikers substituted in the 68th, 73rd and 87th minutes with the 198 cm cf brought on as well as a defender and a midfielder.

Home - Ebbsfleet - Dagenham 2-0 at half time, win 3-1. Strikers substituted in the 69th and 72nd minutes and substitute striker and centreforward brought on.

Home -Bromley - Dagenham 3-1 at half time and win 5-1. Strikers substituted in the 52nd and 77th minute and big centre forward and striker brought on.

Home-Town - Dagenham - 3-0 at half time, 3-1 full time, striker substituted n the 77th minute for a midfielder.

Notice a pattern here??

You could also add:

Home - Sutton - Dagenham 1-1 at half time and lose 1-2 to a 90 plus 1 minute winner to Sutton. 2 strikers subbed in the 63rd and one in the 85th and a striker, a defender brought on in the 63rd minute and a midfielder in the 85th.

Sometimes you have to play horses for courses.
One of the results quoted is wrong.
Given that we play at a high tempo with a lot of forwards we're always likely to substitute forwards more than any other position.
We don't generally make defensive substitutions though - they're normally as close to like for like as is possible.
Mark

Good result against Ebbsfleet though
Mark

Just read the thread. This royals1992 guy is a bit of a clown. Claiming all sorts of random "facts".
Kevin

I heard a rumour that the majority of our substitutions are made by substituting a player that had previously been playing in the match, for a player that had been on the bench as a substitute.

:shock:
Lcbdagger

Surely given the detailed analysis of the game and our tactics by Halifax fans the way to combat us is very simple... don't be rubbish and go three nil behind against us??!! Is that too simplistic a way of looking at things?