Who did well really ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

Only had a few games for us in 09/10 but David Button has gone on to have a decent Champ career as well, even if his haircut is dodge.

One I always enjoy - even though he hasn't had a decent career really - is Josh Parker having a stint with Red Star Belgrade. See also Victor Palsson (played once v Orient in the FA Cup on loan from Liverpool if memory serves) clocking up a few games for New York Red Bulls.
BarkingRambo

Jonathan Bond is another loan goalie who had a few games with us and has stayed in league football, only knocked out the Watford team when they signed Huerlo Gomez i think. Medy Elito did alright in Holland and has managed to play quite a few games for Cambridge now, I liked Medy but blew so hot and cold at times.
Alan

I wasn't counting loans, but if we are, Gary Taylor-Fletcher did alright.
Auntie Merge

Someone who has done really well since leaving the Daggers is Paul Gothard.
He is the goalkeeping coach for the New Zealand National Team.

This post has been made on behalf of Jenny James/The Paul Gothard Fan Club.
Richie

Magnus was captain on Colchester in L1 I think
Alan

Glen Tamplin became manager at Billericay after leaving us.
leewilson

Some of our supporters didn't deserve Jodi Jones. Here was a young kid who got labelled far too quickly as a saviour because he managed to break through into an absolute shitheap of a team. Some fans jumped on his back straight away because he didn't win us every match he played in or suffered the same inconsistency that someone like Corey Whitely has (match winner on his day but let's not kid ourselves that he has his share of quiet/indifferent days). Difference is that we were shit when Jones broke through so the entire reaction to everything was negative. There was never any doubt that he was talented and would go on to do pretty well for himself. I just wish some others had appreciated him a bit more whilst he was here.
dagger4eva

It actually pains me to say it but a large chunk of our relatively small fan base dont desereve any kind of success.

Nowadays the players come out to little more than a ripple of applause before the game.
Get virtually no support during it.
And bang on the final whistle everyone flocks out of the ground quick than you can say North Korean Daggers.

Anyway, I know ive gone slighly Off Topic so will leave it there.
Adrian

leewilson wrote:Some of our supporters didn't deserve Jodi Jones. Here was a young kid who got labelled far too quickly as a saviour because he managed to break through into an absolute shitheap of a team. Some fans jumped on his back straight away because he didn't win us every match he played in or suffered the same inconsistency that someone like Corey Whitely has (match winner on his day but let's not kid ourselves that he has his share of quiet/indifferent days). Difference is that we were shit when Jones broke through so the entire reaction to everything was negative. There was never any doubt that he was talented and would go on to do pretty well for himself. I just wish some others had appreciated him a bit more whilst he was here.
A big part of the problem with Jones was that the manager was a big contributor to the hype and he wasn't given the protection he needed by the club.
That made it too easy for supporters to then turn on him when he didn't turn out to be as good as had been made out.

Most of our supporters don't understand why players are with us.
Look at some of the criticism that got aimed at Hawkins as an example. If he'd been a bit better at certain things he'd have been playing at a higher level.
TommyD&R

Alan wrote:Glen Tamplin became manager at Billericay after leaving us.
Hater
mickeyblue

mccrory played/plays still in football league pretty certain he played league 1 for a while aswell.
just goes to show getting the correct manager who gets best out of players works wonders. how many of burnetts players are still in league my guess is 1. ill put burnett down as improvement managing spurs under 23 or something.

completly agree with the supporters getting on players backs nonsense, i remember marlon pack getting abused and look at the player he become. poor conners recieved far to much abuse when he was still a teenager, perfetic imo. starting to hear grumbles with okenbirie already aswell.
but we finished 9th!
The Romford Dagger

Oh well played
A S dagger97

And Wayne Burnett is managing the Tottenham u23s
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
ARNU

Oliver Muldoon plays for charlton.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

Lewington plays in the football league still I think