FA Cup Draw Home v Leyton orient

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Heard through the grapevine the O`s are getting at least 1,300 tickets so they will have the A13 stand and part of the sieve for the game price wise don`t know but I agree should be £10 adult £1 kids with paying adult,we just have to wait until the club decides what to charge should know soon.
WHY should it be £10? £10 are for games where you struggle to attract attendances, not where everyone has an interest.
This should be full price. We have to split the gate money; let's make the most of it.
£21 for a qualifying game in the FA Cup?

Absolute madness
Diggerthedog

Given Orients current form they would not have sold 1200 if it was priced normally. They only took 600 to Aldershot once their results started getting bad. We would not have sold as many at normal prices either. Idea is to get new people in when the atmosphere is a bit better then 200 moaning old men in the sieve. As the A13 is now closed for this one should be a decent atmosphere in the sieve.

John needs to play his best team for this for two reasons, win and floaters will come back and also the prize money available.
NBDag

Club really are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Has anyone considered the idea that maybe the club’s intentions with the pricing wasn’t to squeeze as much money out of the game as possible, but maybe it was to give fans what we have clearly been asking for for ages. I’m all up for moaning about the club when it’s due, but this really is pathetic when we have all been moaning about prices for ages. It’s a good move by the club, and just maybe it’s them trying to show that they do actually listen to the fans on certain matters.
ARNU

Surely a replay is not such a bad thing. We'd get half that gate money too and I'm sure orient get bigger gates than us. Now I'm not pleading poverty but I probably wouldn't bother with this game if it was much more than a tenner. It's only orient in the nobody cares cup. Fair enough if it were the 3rd round but were kidding ourselves if we think this is in anyway an attractive tie. I'll be surprised if orient sell their quota. They didn't last time in a game that mattered. I reckon the gate will be around 1900. 600 orient.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote:In the same way people pay £21 for the National Conference.
Yes and how many away supporters don`t come here because the price ?
Daggernewbie

NBDag wrote:Club really are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Has anyone considered the idea that maybe the club’s intentions with the pricing wasn’t to squeeze as much money out of the game as possible, but maybe it was to give fans what we have clearly been asking for for ages. I’m all up for moaning about the club when it’s due, but this really is pathetic when we have all been moaning about prices for ages. It’s a good move by the club, and just maybe it’s them trying to show that they do actually listen to the fans on certain matters.
Whole heartily agree with you NBDag just like the bar discount scheme have heard supporters saying whats the point of saving 10% and you can use all week so it not just for match days.
Daggernewbie

I know why don`t we increase the price of the tickets from there normal cost because we are in the FA cup 4th round qualifiers like Hereford FC do for there match prices :-
MATCHDAY ADMISSION PRICES 2017/18
(Please note that adult and concession prices will increase by £1 if the club is in the top 6 after 8 or more games):
That way we can make more money :lol:
Phippo

Hopefully we can have a decent run in this years competition. That would surely be the time to increase prices? When we played Everton (3rd round) not too long ago, they reduced ticket prices, which I'm sure resulted in a much larger attendance at the game. I certainly prefer to be at games with increased crowds, irrespective of the income implications.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ARNU wrote:Surely a replay is not such a bad thing. We'd get half that gate money too and I'm sure orient get bigger gates than us. Now I'm not pleading poverty but I probably wouldn't bother with this game if it was much more than a tenner. It's only orient in the nobody cares cup. Fair enough if it were the 3rd round but were kidding ourselves if we think this is in anyway an attractive tie. I'll be surprised if orient sell their quota. They didn't last time in a game that mattered. I reckon the gate will be around 1900. 600 orient.

'It's only Orient in the nobody cares cup' - someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning !
Mark

Nobody has yet explained how this is any different in stature to a league game against the same opposition. If people think we should reduce all ticket prices in general then that is another matter.

I'm happy the club are trying to get more fans involved and the fact it has some local spice should also help but fear it will have little effect longer term.
ARNU

This is not a big deal this game. The league games are more important. 2 national league teams with bigger things to worry about probably fielding weakened sides ain't worth the full ticket price. Bet justham starts. At this stage of the competition nobody cares. I don't really tbh. It's a tenner so yeah I'll go. Hope we win .
Phippo

Wouldn't discount this game as no big deal exactly! The winner of the tie gets extra revenue for progressing to the first round proper, and the good chance of getting an EFL club. If it's a non league side then surely an excellent chance of further progress.
Bluenose

I'm not a season ticket holder so I have to pick and choose my games. To be honest a game against our local rivals in the actual FA Cup seems more appealing than - for instance - North Ferriby or South Fylde or East Bromley or whoever.
Diggerthedog

Orient have only sold 350 tickets.
ARNU

I reckon they might bring 6-700 tops. Can they pay on the day too ?