Woking (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Maybe our "get out of jail card" should have stayed on the pitch!
daggersjeff

From this forum and the official report (what joker writes these?) we should have had this game( and others before) long buried. You don't put chances away, you don't win games. Full stop.
The Romford Dagger

daggersjeff wrote:From this forum and the official report (what joker writes these?) we should have had this game( and others before) long buried. You don't put chances away, you don't win games. Full stop.

Cheers Jeff
Diggerthedog

Best player on the pitch was their defender apparently not good enough to get in our team this season. We did some huffing and puffing but rarely created great chances. Shoot the ball lads, can't moan about losing the raffle when you don't buy a ticket.

At least I backed Woking.
Mark

Played well, finishing was poor and probably didn't have enough goes as has been mentioned. We still had a lot more on target than them though.

Ref was awful but quite bored of saying it as it seems to be every week. We need to do what we can do and today we didn't take our chances. With Cheek I think we win that 3 nil.
Richie

Thought that Howells and Romain on the left is definitely worth sticking with. I'd drop Nunn, move Ling to rb and keep them 2 there.

Howell looked good too, always pops up in some good areas and Adams looked okay, nothing too amazing but some good passes.

I'm actually more positive despite the loss, play like that and we'll win most matches.
Mark

I couldn't get too worked up cos the lads did a good job and don't think anyone had a particularly bad game. I am confident we'll put a winning run together soon. We've played the likes of Sutton and Woking and I think we're considerably better but the results aren't reflecting it at the moment.

I like the energy Romain gives and would also stick with him.

Thought Howell got a raw deal from some of our fans. Been out a lot, first game back, took a bit of stick.
Richie

When all fit I'd like to see us play....

Cousins (I prefer Justham but you can't drop him currently)

Ling
Robson
Doe
Howells

Howell
Robinson

Ferrier
Whitely
Romain

Cheek
Mark

I'd still have Andre in there but can't argue too much.

Think Sparkes will give us something different when he's fit, less inclined to dribble and looks more to get it in early like Danny Green used to
NickMurphy

Richie wrote:Thought that Howells and Romain on the left is definitely worth sticking with. I'd drop Nunn, move Ling to rb and keep them 2 there.

Howell looked good too, always pops up in some good areas and Adams looked okay, nothing too amazing but some good passes.

I'm actually more positive despite the loss, play like that and we'll win most matches.
Agree with this.

Like others have said - with Cheek in the side we probably win that game. Aside from his goals, having a focal point like that up top keeps defenders occupied and makes space for the likes of Ferrier and Fejiri as well.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Did. Not hear Luke HOWELL get any stick , thought he did very well and most shared that opinion and would be surprised if he does not start next week.

He has always been a Player in my eyes who is seldom excellent or poor and has that Dagger mentality. Still convinced a fit SCOTT Doe and Luke HOWELL would have been enough in our relegation season and think his ability to link the midfield to the Forwards is a great asset .

Would also like to see Elliott Romain given a go in the Centre perhaps on an ESC or Trohy game, for one of our smaller forwards he does get up well, then again he has done more then enough in recent weeks from the bench to get a start in the posistion we have asked him to play.

Did not realise that Lokko was suspended yesterday and explains his absence , thought he had his best ever game at Aldershot Tuesday.

But come on what's the reason for the omisson of the leagues leading scorer , funny what you hear in the bogs