Woking (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another game we should be winning.
In my opinion second best performance of the season and we have lost them both.

Well done Luke HOWELL thought he had a really good game considering how long he has been out.

Robson again impresssed but don't think anybody had a bad game just our luck has deserted us in this moment.

Worrying that in the last two games that we have restricted our opponents to four attempts on goal and we have let two ,in but it is a massive improvement when the chances we were gifting opponents at the start of season.

Should have had our last minute drama as the bloke nearly caught the thing on his arm last minute.

Was I the only one who felt the goal scorer should not have been on pitch after the tackle on Scott Doe.

He certainly should not have been after when he went into the crowd to celebrate, Ling got booked for that Tuesday night another example of the lack of consistency Mr Ref assessor
speedy

Definate pen Sussex, as you say the fella almost caught it, then the ref had the cheek to book Romain for diving when he was very possibly nudged in the back. Again definate red card for the challenge on Doe.
Thought everyone put in a good shift today. Just wish we would try our luck from distance now and again instead of dancing across the edge of the box. Their player took a chance and bingo it's 1 nil.
DaggerJoel11

Positive performance but for all our possession and ball control we rarely fashioned any chances and infact our best opportunities came from direct long balls to Ferrier.

Today made me realise how much we miss Cheek. Too one dimensional in attack. One up front didn't work and we only looked like coming back into the game when we brought Romain on.

Disgraceful challenge from their man who typically then goes and puts it into the top corner. Plus there was the stonewall penalty. Those are the two main talking points and both have gone against us.

But I thought that today's loss was coming. Too often we've relied on good fortune which deserted us again. We need to quickly pick up our form as the last 'good' performance was around three weeks ago against Halifax.

Onwards and upwards.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

We can keep some faith still with 15 games in 'Comfortably the best side we have faced IMO' from a card on their forum, just left though feeling pretty much frustrated that we just didn't have that bit extra to finish them off as we had quite large chunks of the game , they were another side we've faced recently who were very strong at the back, very hard to break, so good in fact it was hard for one of our boys to create the space to really strike one hard on target like their scorer did ( who made that extra yard well) , thought Jake Howells and Romain were doing some pretty useful work to try and achieve it . Just got to press on again and get it right to the Dragon game after all its home where we are more a force, leave this game with a final note what a strange clash of the two teams 'half shirts' closest I've seen for donkey's years!
Oxhead

Thought the referee was a disgrace, the tackle on Doe was an instant red card, Romagne should have had a penalty but was booked instead and then their sub centre forward tried an outrageous dive in our box and it was totally ignored. Not our day I'm afraid.
daggersjeff

Maybe our "get out of jail card" should have stayed on the pitch!
daggersjeff

From this forum and the official report (what joker writes these?) we should have had this game( and others before) long buried. You don't put chances away, you don't win games. Full stop.
The Romford Dagger

daggersjeff wrote:From this forum and the official report (what joker writes these?) we should have had this game( and others before) long buried. You don't put chances away, you don't win games. Full stop.

Cheers Jeff
Diggerthedog

Best player on the pitch was their defender apparently not good enough to get in our team this season. We did some huffing and puffing but rarely created great chances. Shoot the ball lads, can't moan about losing the raffle when you don't buy a ticket.

At least I backed Woking.
Mark

Played well, finishing was poor and probably didn't have enough goes as has been mentioned. We still had a lot more on target than them though.

Ref was awful but quite bored of saying it as it seems to be every week. We need to do what we can do and today we didn't take our chances. With Cheek I think we win that 3 nil.
Richie

Thought that Howells and Romain on the left is definitely worth sticking with. I'd drop Nunn, move Ling to rb and keep them 2 there.

Howell looked good too, always pops up in some good areas and Adams looked okay, nothing too amazing but some good passes.

I'm actually more positive despite the loss, play like that and we'll win most matches.
Mark

I couldn't get too worked up cos the lads did a good job and don't think anyone had a particularly bad game. I am confident we'll put a winning run together soon. We've played the likes of Sutton and Woking and I think we're considerably better but the results aren't reflecting it at the moment.

I like the energy Romain gives and would also stick with him.

Thought Howell got a raw deal from some of our fans. Been out a lot, first game back, took a bit of stick.
Richie

When all fit I'd like to see us play....

Cousins (I prefer Justham but you can't drop him currently)

Ling
Robson
Doe
Howells

Howell
Robinson

Ferrier
Whitely
Romain

Cheek
Mark

I'd still have Andre in there but can't argue too much.

Think Sparkes will give us something different when he's fit, less inclined to dribble and looks more to get it in early like Danny Green used to
NickMurphy

Richie wrote:Thought that Howells and Romain on the left is definitely worth sticking with. I'd drop Nunn, move Ling to rb and keep them 2 there.

Howell looked good too, always pops up in some good areas and Adams looked okay, nothing too amazing but some good passes.

I'm actually more positive despite the loss, play like that and we'll win most matches.
Agree with this.

Like others have said - with Cheek in the side we probably win that game. Aside from his goals, having a focal point like that up top keeps defenders occupied and makes space for the likes of Ferrier and Fejiri as well.