Supporters Club Rep on the Main Club Board

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:Like I'm guessing all members of the supporters club, I have received communication from the supporters club regarding the Members rep on the board.
I was horrified to read that a ‘unanimous decision’ had been made, and that the representative is not Russell Elmes.

My experience of these things tells me that this role should automatically be given to the Chair of the Supporters Club.
The Football Club want someone at the meeting who has the experience and gravitas to contribute to discussions on behalf of all supporters, and make an instant decision, if need be. It needs to be someone who is heavily involved day to day with communicating with all supporters, and has the time and commitment to carry out the role of representative.

If the Chair of the Supporters Club does not want this role for any given reason, then a vote of ALL members of the supporters club needs to be taken as to who they want their representative (from the current Supporters Club committee) to be.

By automatically giving the role to the Chair of the Supporters Club, you save all manner of bickering and expense. It also prevents someone holding an accessory role on the Supporters Club committee only to gain access to be the members rep on the board. It also gives the role of Chair of the Supporters Club a role within the running of the football club.

I have written to the supporters club committee asking for the ‘unanimous vote’ to be overturned and will fully back Russell Elmes, in his role as Chair of the Supporters Club, to be our members rep on the Board. If you are a member of the supporters club and feel the same way, do make your voice heard.
Do we know if Russell wanted to be the representative?
Adrian

Can someone tell me why committees are set up in the first place?
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:Can someone tell me why committees are set up in the first place?
Same reason why boards are set up.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Which is?
Chigwellian

I would want Russell to represent me from the supporters club
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:
Which is?
Surely you know why boards are set up.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote: Same reason why boards are set up.
Which is?
Surely you know why boards are set up.
Can you tell me or not?
Daggernewbie

Ok Adrian the board sit there talk about things and vote on things if necessary.
ARNU

What is a supporters club for? What is their purpose?
I've managed to support the daggers seriously for about 10 years now and other than the occasional coach trip to an away match ( most grateful to Russell and all the others who clearly give their time and effort) I think I've been able to get on with it without crossing its path.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
canveydagger

There are only 3 or 4 people on the supporters club committee that i would want to represent the supporters club at broad meeting, if Mr R Elmes does not want to do then i think the person who has been put forward is quiet a good choice, and would have been one of my other choices , he always at the supporters club meetings, I'm just glad that someone else from the supporters club committee did not get it.
canveydagger

Since my last post on this matter it as been bought to my attention by a few fellow fans, supporters club committee and other people, that Russell Elmes would have liked the chance to have been the supporters club rep on the main club board. If this is the case maybe Russell should have got the position as he is the supporters club chairman and already dears with Mr Thompson, Mr Hopkins, Mr Gwinn and other people who work at the club.
dagger4eva

If this is correct then I'd happen to agree that Russell should have been given the opportunity to accept or decline the position in the first instance - or at the very least been consulted on who he, as chairman of the SC wished to nominate as representative.

I've no idea who has been selected but wouldn't be surprised if it's another henchman of Kim Jung Un Thompson...
ThatRoundThing

I suspect the supporters club rep was already a full member of the club, as well as a Supporters Club Committee member. Although imo, should not have been a necessary qualifying factor.
Daggernewbie

ThatRoundThing wrote:I suspect the supporters club rep was already a full member of the club, as well as a Supporters Club Committee member. Although imo, should not have been a necessary qualifying factor.
No the elected rep is not a full member he`s only on the committee
Daggernewbie

dagger4eva wrote:If this is correct then I'd happen to agree that Russell should have been given the opportunity to accept or decline the position in the first instance - or at the very least been consulted on who he, as chairman of the SC wished to nominate as representative.

I've no idea who has been selected but wouldn't be surprised if it's another henchman of Kim Jung Un Thompson...
No the person is not a henchman of Thompson