Bar prices at the club

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Went in the upstairs bar for be first time in a while and the Carling was awful, worst pint I've ever had. Yes u know Carling is not the nicest of beers to begin with but this tastes worser than the pigs intestines I once tried in Asia.
Daggernewbie

Diggerthedog wrote:Went in the upstairs bar for be first time in a while and the Carling was awful, worst pint I've ever had. Yes u know Carling is not the nicest of beers to begin with but this tastes worser than the pigs intestines I once tried in Asia.
Digger that`s why I`m moaning about the big increase in bottled beers if we can ditch Carling as the main supplier some how and become a free house the club would have more choice in the selection of beers they can sell.
DI Mike Dashwood

I don't know the ins and outs of the Club's current agreement with the brewery but there will no doubt be many add ons from being tied in with a brewery. If there wasn't and it was easier and more financially beneficial to be a freehouse or sort supplies yourself then no sports clubs or institutions would tie in with a brewery would they??

For instance, you would get Cellar Services included with a brewery contract. What do you do if you are a freehouse or are supplying yourself and your chiller packs up, or something else needs sorting in the cellar?? Yes you can call someone out but this costs and the service is not guaranteed. With a brewery agreement this is all tied in. Loans for projects or sponsorship also come from breweries. Most sports club tied to a brewery will have used the brewery for a loan or financial assistance at some point. What this does is gets capital quickly, but obviously in return you have to tie in to the brewery for a certain time. This may or may not have happened with the Club, but could be another reason to tie in with the current brewer.

I am not saying any of this makes the price increases right or wrong by the way, just saying there is probably more to this than the price they are paying per item/unit for the beer.

Personally couldn't even tell you what the prices are in there. I use the upstairs bar before all evening games and maybe one in three home games, but just go and buy a round, I don't the prices of the individual items. My reasons for not going in there before every Saturday are not price based ones.
ThatRoundThing

I didn't come to Daggers on Saturday as I needed to be in my local social club early for a party near where I live in Thurrock.
Instead we went to the new Parkside ground at Aveley FC where a pint of draught Tetley's and a draught Carlsberg was exactly £7. We sat upstairs in the gallery in comfy armchairs behind glass which gave us a great view of the pitch at the halfway line.
In the evening a draught John Smiths + Captain Morgans Spiced Rum was total £4.65, although we as members have been told that the club absorbed the last price increase. :D

If you take into account that a football ground is an "event" and look at ridiculous prices being charged at Wembley, O2, local theartres etc then maybe our pricing may be about right. Maybe the club absorbed previous rises, I don't know. I seem remember two pints at AFC Fylde was over £8 and am pretty sure that more regular away ground travellers can come up with more horror beer prices than Daggers.
Also I am not sure what prices are being charged at the two nearest pubs to our ground are but I suspect they are about Daggers Bars prices.

My football ground beer rip off was last season at Basildon United. A nice array of beer pumps in front of me, I ordered a "pint" of John Smiths £3.25. They took my money, gave me change and then poured a can of John Smiths into a glass. I protested, wasn't draught, wasn't a PINT. Refused me a refund.
Found out from a local that the bar buy all their beers in boxes of bottles or cans when the nearby Tesco is running special deals.
Diggerthedog

£4 for a plastic bottle of piss up at Tranmere.