One word to describe that...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggers No 2 Fan

Meh.

Two very average football teams playing out a fairly unremarkable game of football, without even a rubbish referee performance to liven it up.

Elito was a bit more lively than he has been, Chambers was ok, little spark but no real end result. Azeez was largely anonymous, other than the miss in the first half. Norris needs to look to pass occasionally rather than setting himself for speculative shots. Lewy actually had a few poor kicks. Saah needs to concentrate on winning the ball rather than pushing the striker around, and not complain at his team-mates when he plays a rubbish pass to no-one. Everyone else was ok, but there was nothing to get excited about again. We miss that bit of spark from Hines or a fit Murphy.

Not sure what the point of the third substitution was other than for using a sub. It just took out our shape and seemed to be pointless. Almost backfired seriously with Doe getting a knock straight after.
leewilson

Very frustrated. Both teams were very average but we definitely had a greater threat than Morecambe. However, any time we got without 30 yards of the goal, we played at walking pace. Deserve to drop points if we're not going to have the ruthlessness to kill games off. It's not as if you can say they defended all 2nd half as they had to come out to chase the equaliser. Time after time we had 3v3 scenarios and allowed others to get back by not going full throttle.

I know the subs are going to be blamed but that's a cop out in my opinion. We switched off at the back for their goal and it was the fault prior of the players on the pitch for not putting the result to bed. I did think it was strange to take Medy off though instead of Azeez. Azeez was even walking over expecting to be subbed. But even though, you get some right and you get some wrong. Wayne got 1 wrong today. He's got some right before. Life of a manager.

Ogogo and Medy can hold their heads up high today. Other players should ask if they could do more. Femi for example, so much promise but yet so little in the attacking third today. If he was on it, he could have won us that game.
SUSSEX DAGGER

So second Saturday running we fail to see out the game. Ok it was a poor game but surely there was only one team who deserved to win it.

Medi and Captain marvel along with their Goalkeeper and their Sub Redshaw were the only ones out of the whole lot who took the eye.

Deep into another season of Femi going past their full back time and time again yet I only recall one goal and one assist. As an attacking threat surely this is not good enough.

Chambers,evetything looked good until it was time to deliver the ball and he proved hapless at it.

D'ath seems to have fallen out of favour as Wayne clearly prefers Luke Howell who is carrying an injury. Dont remember him doing much wrong for him to go from starting to suddenly not even getting a kick. After yhis stunning goal at Burton and his part in the equaliser at Exeter hard to imagine what he has done.

Team to me needs freshening up and Saunders and Oberfemi have just disappeared. The Daggers forttnight is once again heading into a third month for these two. If they are anything to go by we wont be seeing anymore of Hines or Murphy this season.

Four points given away in a week how closee would we be tonight .Makes you wonder if we really want it
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DiggerDagger1

Pissed off with Dixon. Tries to start a fight which fires up their player to score!! Well done!
matt_drfc

I saw Wayne said at the forum that Dickson hasn't been good enough, so I can see him going at the end of the season unless he scores a few important goals from now until then.
ARNU

I thought we did ok.Medy and Abs the stars of the side today.Cant understand waynes substitution of Medy he was a constant threat all day and had their right back in his pocket.Surely Medy could have lasted another 12 minutes.Was Lewy at fault for the 2nd,I couldn't see but noises from behid me seemed to hold him responsible.Big pat on the back for kevin Ellison,came over and chatted with us before and throughout the game.Top bloke,great character.This is another game where Stilly would have lost it so a draw despite last minute conceding again was probably fair.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Of anyone was sitting close to the dugout, Wayne went beserk at someone in the crowd for giving him abuse after the equaliser about the third substitution. Wayne was screaming that Medy was injured. ..

For what's its worth the substitution didn't cost us the goal, however strange it seemed.

Medy played like a championship level player today and Abu was a little star. Howell certainly didn't look fit to me and offered little.

Lewington's kicking is beyond a joke and is only matched by the number of back passes we play, despite knowing he can't kick... How he even makes a mess kicking from his hand i don't know... The first half ironic cheer when one went straight said it all.

Azeez didn't seem to recover from his early missed header but he did have a couple of nice touches with Norris.

I was the only person near to me who couldn't get excited about Chambers at all... Still offers no more for me than Shields.

Both Femi and Hoyte got up and down the pitch like demons today but neither would have put a decent cross in I'd we were still playing now!

Very lucky with the penalty, certainly not deliberate.

Gutted with the result but we didn't put them to bed and probably didn't fully deserve to be one up anyway.

Finally, a big mention for Ellison as always... cracking banter with the crowd everytime we see him
Diggerthedog

Lewy need to be dropped, does not know when to Come or go and his kicking is a complete joke. Think we need to be looking for a new keeper if Seabright can't get in the side past Lewy.

Today's was a gem played by two midtable teams, one if which playing away and happy to get a point and the other who played at home and were clearly not good enough in the final third.

Give me 12th now please 3 wins in about 17 games is poor.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Give me 12th now please 3 wins in about 17 games is poor.
Agreed, but the fact we are so high up the league still shows how poor much of it has been... even the teams at the top have had a few curious results against the lower placed sides
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Give me 12th now please 3 wins in about 17 games is poor.
Agreed, but the fact we are so high up the league still shows how poor much of it has been... even the teams at the top have had a few curious results against the lower placed sides
Good point Look at Southend not won in 12 or three monthd still 7tj
Daggers No 2 Fan

Lcbdagger wrote:Of anyone was sitting close to the dugout, Wayne went beserk at someone in the crowd for giving him abuse after the equaliser about the third substitution. Wayne was screaming that Medy was injured. ..

For what's its worth the substitution didn't cost us the goal, however strange it seemed.

Medy played like a championship level player today and Abu was a little star. Howell certainly didn't look fit to me and offered little.

Lewington's kicking is beyond a joke and is only matched by the number of back passes we play, despite knowing he can't kick... How he even makes a mess kicking from his hand i don't know... The first half ironic cheer when one went straight said it all.

Azeez didn't seem to recover from his early missed header but he did have a couple of nice touches with Norris.

I was the only person near to me who couldn't get excited about Chambers at all... Still offers no more for me than Shields.

Both Femi and Hoyte got up and down the pitch like demons today but neither would have put a decent cross in I'd we were still playing now!

Very lucky with the penalty, certainly not deliberate.

Gutted with the result but we didn't put them to bed and probably didn't fully deserve to be one up anyway.

Finally, a big mention for Ellison as always... cracking banter with the crowd everytime we see him
The penalty was definitely deliberate. He had his hand up and moved it to the ball.

The Lewington bashing is getting boring. Yes he screwed up a few kicks. He also made one pretty good save and put plenty of kicks into decent areas for players ton challenge for.

The substitution didn't cost us the points but it certainly didn't help.
Lcbdagger

Certainly didn't help but had no impact on the goal... and as alreday said, Wayne it very plain that Medy had an injury

The kicking issues is twice as frustrating for fans as it is 'boring'... you can't base a passing game, involving regular balls back the keeper from your back four around a keeper that fundamentally can't kick

If that was a deliberate handball then we will be looking forward to many more over the next few months... nothing the player could do at that range... once again the manager agreed
Mark

Boring game like many recent home games. They came for a point and got it but once we took the lead it should have been killed. So often we've struggled to get that goal but today we got it and then just stopped playing. Too many players were walking for too much of the second half.

Thought the forwards offered very little and after his two goals in midweek it was back to looking way out of his depth for Azeez. Norris looked uncharacteristically disinterested too. Medy provided our only real attacking threat but stopped running at them 15 mins before he was subbed which I felt was the right decision. Chambers also did ok on the other side.

What I did not understand was changing the shape. As much as I like Billy, we were doing ok in midfield and needed to make it stick up top. I'd have just done 1 straight swap Dickson for Azeez. Abu and Howell battled very hard.

Another game we should have won slips away. The manager might need to give them a few home truths.
leewilson

What's frustrating me the most is that just as our away form starts to pick up, our home form completely disintegrates. Since the absolutely dire performance at Portsmouth, we've only lost once away. On the flip side, we haven't won at home since the AFC Wimbledon game which was just a few days after Pompey.

Any team down to Newport in 14th can still make the play offs in my opinion. I would say it's likely that us, Cheltenham, Morecambe and Newport won't feature but if any of us can find some consistency over 10 games, this league is so up and down that we'd likely nab that 7th spot. I just can't see it being us though unfortunately.

Anyway, 4 games in the next 2 weeks now. If we can come out of them with 6 points, I think I'd take that. We'd be on 52 with 6 games to go and that would be a rather nice relief. We have absolutely no reason to fear Newport, Bury, Accrington and Oxford though (just like they won't fear us). Any more than 6 points from them games and we can perhaps be in striking distance come the home straight.

Either way, the positives from this season is that we're putting a nice base down in place for next season. This time last year, we had a bloated uncertain squad. We're much more stable these days and have the ingredients of a good side that is gaining experience and needs fine tuning round the edges. At present, despite the frustration, I think our future is bright.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Lcbdagger wrote:Certainly didn't help but had no impact on the goal... and as alreday said, Wayne it very plain that Medy had an injury

The kicking issues is twice as frustrating for fans as it is 'boring'... you can't base a passing game, involving regular balls back the keeper from your back four around a keeper that fundamentally can't kick

If that was a deliberate handball then we will be looking forward to many more over the next few months... nothing the player could do at that range... once again the manager agreed
A passing game should involve the ball rarely going anywhere near the keeper to kick - as soon as it goes back its going to get kicked long, which isn't really part of a passing game. Our problem with a passing game is that as a whole we aren't very good at it. Saah screwed up a couple of long passes and he's an outfield player whom has kicking a ball as a much more fundamental part of his role than Lewington. But no one is complaining about his kicked.

Their player moved his hand on to the ball, it didn't just hit his hand. It was a deliberate act in his part. It was very clear from behind the goal and the ref was right in line with it. I can't see that Burnett would have had much of a view of it from the halfway line.