One word to describe that...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

On a positive, we've only lost 2 of our last 10. Just need to be a lot more professional and close games out when we're winning I guess. I'm still sure that we will finish in the top half.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good post Lee. We will be a better team next season if we can keep this group together. Couple of additions in the Summer and we will be a big player.

Listening to Keith Hill the other day and he is convinced that there is a number of teams in this League living well above their means. Budgets will be slashed at many Clubs next season. Talking to Morecambe fans on Tube after they are 3/4 million behind this season and know they will have to sell in Summer.

Even with half a dozen with League one experiance we are not ready for the step up.

Lets just forget about that prospect now and once we have acheived our aim which remember was survival we may start playing with a bit more freedom
ARNU

I thought it was quite a good game,we rarely beat this lot.Just 1 second thinking about our previous couple of seasons under John Still and the dross he served up week in week out is enough to underline how far we have come.We haven't had any players as crap as Jamie day,Phil ifil,Gavin Tomlin,Danny spiller,John Akinde,Marvin Morgan,Dom green,Danny J Green,Baz journeyman Savage and an ageing Mark Arber all hoofing it aimlessly and losing every week.All in all this season has been quite a delight.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:I thought it was quite a good game,we rarely beat this lot.Just 1 second thinking about our previous couple of seasons under John Still and the dross he served up week in week out is enough to underline how far we have come.We haven't had any players as crap as Jamie day,Phil ifil,Gavin Tomlin,Danny spiller,John Akinde,Marvin Morgan,Dom green,Danny J Green,Baz journeyman Savage and an ageing Mark Arber all hoofing it aimlessly and losing every week.All in all this season has been quite a delight.
Do you know far we've actually come from last season - after the same number of games we have 4 draws more, and we've scored fewer goals as well.
I think Mark summed up the season quite well - it's been boring. With the exception of Scunthorpe, the only excitement has been the 'can we hang on to this and not throw it away' at the end of games.

It's nice that some think next season will be better - I can't see it being anything other than more of the same. 'Better' football that doesn't actually get anything better in terms of results and a general lack of entertainment.

If we don't keep any of the loanees we'll be down to 19 players. Are we going to retain all of those? Is Hines going to hang around (not that I can see a queue forming for him). Should we be keeping hold of someone like Saunders who's played 4 games this season?
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:If we don't keep any of the loanees we'll be down to 19 players.
22 actually.
Richie

We deserved to lose them 2 points, so many stages in the 2nd half we were coasting along, literally at walking place. Can't do that at 1-0.

I thought Chambers looked good and Elito was superb. Would have liked to see Dickson on for Norris earlier as it just wasn't working for him.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
ARNU wrote:I thought it was quite a good game,we rarely beat this lot.Just 1 second thinking about our previous couple of seasons under John Still and the dross he served up week in week out is enough to underline how far we have come.We haven't had any players as crap as Jamie day,Phil ifil,Gavin Tomlin,Danny spiller,John Akinde,Marvin Morgan,Dom green,Danny J Green,Baz journeyman Savage and an ageing Mark Arber all hoofing it aimlessly and losing every week.All in all this season has been quite a delight.
Do you know far we've actually come from last season - after the same number of games we have 4 draws more, and we've scored fewer goals as well.
I think Mark summed up the season quite well - it's been boring. With the exception of Scunthorpe, the only excitement has been the 'can we hang on to this and not throw it away' at the end of games.
I have enjoyed this season much much more than the last 2 crap ones under Still.You may or may not have,not much I can do about that.I see the nucleus of something good here and wont be moaning about renewing my season ticket for the 1st time in 3 years.I think mid table and 60 odd points would be remarkable.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Yesterday once again we looked a very good team on the counter which was even more eveident once we got the breakthrough when Morecambe had to come out . We wasted good opportunities and paid the price and Morecambe did to us what we did to them in the reverse fixture,they mugged us at the death.

Still look nothing more then average when we have to try and break teams down.

Last two away games has shown how good we are when we break out quickly in fact away from home we have been looking very dangerous all season with our counter attacking . Recently we have started to take the chances created and away results have improved considerably.

Totally agree that yesterday we did not move the ball quick enough and out all our midfield personel all those who can kill teams wth a killing pass were not on the pitch either long enough or not at all.

Five points out the last three games is acceptable but the manner in which they have come and where they have come leaves you scratching your head.
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:If we don't keep any of the loanees we'll be down to 19 players.
22 actually.
19. We have 23 players, including 4 loanees.
shoreyda2nd

Was I the only one looking around after they scored trying to work out why Lewy was getting blamed and shouted at by quite a lot of fans?

Medy (best player on the pitch) went straight to the tunnel after being subbed so was obviously injured. Chambers did quite well but often made the wrong decision with the final ball. Abu and Luke did well in the middle I thought.

We should of won, and would of if the defence sorted themselves out. Saah and/or Doe didn't organise and let the whole back 4 drop very deep from what was effectively a goal kick. Frustrating result but we didn't lose any ground on anyone above us, it just means we need another away result this week.
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
22 actually.
19. We have 23 players, including 4 loanees.
We have 24 players at the moment, including 4 loanees. With 2 players coming back from their loans. 22 players.
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:
We have 24 players at the moment, including 4 loanees. With 2 players coming back from their loans. 22 players.
"If we don't keep any of the loanees" - so you've included to players who are out on loan and will be out of contract anyway

To get to your 24, I can only assume you've included Anderson who isn't getting games for a Ryman League team.
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
"If we don't keep any of the loanees" - so you've included to players who are out on loan and will be out of contract anyway

To get to your 24, I can only assume you've included Anderson who isn't getting games for a Ryman League team.
So if you talk about those players that go back to their parent clubs, you have to talk about the ones coming back to us. Regardless if they're out of contract, Hines is out of contract at the end of the season but you included him.

And Anderson is dual-registered with us and Grays, so yes.
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:We have 24 players at the moment, including 4 loanees. With 2 players coming back from their loans. 22 players.
So 22 then? What a curious argument on a thread when the facts are there??
Lcbdagger

Seen the highlights again and still not having that as being a deliberate handball for the penalty