To those who went yesterday...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

What happened with Wayne at half time? Little explanation online for the sending off... seems strange when we were two one up at the time
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:What happened with Wayne at half time? Little explanation online for the sending off... seems strange when we were two one up at the time
Apparently Wayne moaned to the ref about Newport's goal because there was 2 mins added but they scored in 4th min.
Dagdale

Forget me if I am wrong and we were stationed over the opposite side to the bench and maybe my sight is not A1 but feel couldn't make out the presence of WB on line second half and also when game ended didn't see him on field? We all saw some verbals on centre field on stroke at half time and looked quite heated. It had to be about length of time added which resulted in that shot dipping under Lewy and bringing them slightly back into the game.
speedy

Wayne was sitting at the back of the green seating area behind the goal for the second half all on his lonesome.
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:What happened with Wayne at half time? Little explanation online for the sending off... seems strange when we were two one up at the time
Apparently Wayne moaned to the ref about Newport's goal because there was 2 mins added but they scored in 4th min.
Had every right to. According to my watch the goal went in at 49 mins 32 seconds. Ok allow 30 seconds for both the bookings where the other 90 seconds came from.

Don't want to piss on the fireworks after a very good gutsy display but we should not be allowing a bloke to drill in a 35 yarder low and hard like that. The wall and the Goalkeeper should be doing better.
Phippo

Unfortunately for Lewington he's having a bit of a mare at the moment, so it's even more noticeable when such goals go in! Fortunately for him Wayne considers Seabright too inexperienced to be given a starting place!
Daggers No 2 Fan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Had every right to. According to my watch the goal went in at 49 mins 32 seconds. Ok allow 30 seconds for both the bookings where the other 90 seconds came from.
Getting sent off over added time is stupid. .
The announced added time is always a minimum anyway, so 2 minutes and 59 seconds to play could be announced as 2 minutes minimum.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
The announced added time is always a minimum anyway, so 2 minutes and 59 seconds to play could be announced as 2 minutes minimum.
The ball never went out of play during the added time. He might also have had something to say about the penalty.
Daggers No 2 Fan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
The ball never went out of play during the added time. He might also have had something to say about the penalty.
Goal was scored after 3 mins and 43 seconds of added time according to the BBC. Two fouls and two booking in added time, would take it pretty close to that.
Mike the Dagger

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
Goal was scored after 3 mins and 43 seconds of added time according to the BBC. Two fouls and two booking in added time, would take it pretty close to that.
It's total nonsense that they show a number for added time then play until someone scores like its a Senrab match tbh. How long does it take to write down "7 Elito" anyway. Azeez was booked after the original 2 minutes were already up.

"Standard" added time seems to be 1 minute first half ands 3 minutes second half unless a player has died on the pitch at some point, To even come up with 2 in the first half is unusual - 2 goals and a substitution would lead you to think maybe 90 seconds or so. To put up two, then manage to find another two from somewhere and then have them score that late on, I can understand the gaffer getting a bit heated, especially as we have made such a habit of letting leads slip lately.

He's human not a robot and obviously cares a lot, and its not really that daft of him to lose it, given the whistle then goes about a minute later, giving him the chance to exchange views with the ref.
ARNU

Whilst I understand Wayne's frustration ultimately the team should defend and fight until the whistle blows for time.We should go back to the days where the ref used to keep it to himself.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
It's total nonsense that they show a number for added time then play until someone scores like its a Senrab match tbh. How long does it take to write down "7 Elito" anyway. Azeez was booked after the original 2 minutes were already up.

"Standard" added time seems to be 1 minute first half ands 3 minutes second half unless a player has died on the pitch at some point, To even come up with 2 in the first half is unusual - 2 goals and a substitution would lead you to think maybe 90 seconds or so. To put up two, then manage to find another two from somewhere and then have them score that late on, I can understand the gaffer getting a bit heated, especially as we have made such a habit of letting leads slip lately.

He's human not a robot and obviously cares a lot, and its not really that daft of him to lose it, given the whistle then goes about a minute later, giving him the chance to exchange views with the ref.
The time is a minimum, not a maximum. Azeez was booked after 2 minutes, but close enough to Elitos that it would have been in the time added for that.

Losing it with the ref is pointless, he isn't going to turn around and chalk off the goal.
Second time the manager has now been sent to the stands. What exactly has he achieves other than making a tit of himself and potentially getting a fine and ban?
Mike the Dagger

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote: The time is a minimum, not a maximum. Azeez was booked after 2 minutes, but close enough to Elitos that it would have been in the time added for that.

Losing it with the ref is pointless, he isn't going to turn around and chalk off the goal.
Second time the manager has now been sent to the stands. What exactly has he achieves other than making a tit of himself and potentially getting a fine and ban?
Yep, know all that about time being a minimum, however as i recall it, the reason they now announce added time it to save the referee from the situation where only he knows what is left and the confusion, frustration and doubt that used to cause sometimes late in games. Having shown 2 to then play into a fifth minute without any major obvious further delay is worse than not having shown the time at all in terms of confusion, frustration and doubt and opens up the referee to major issues if one team then goes and scores in that time, just like on Wednesday.

As for Wayne letting off, you are right, it isn't going to change anything, but actually it shows that he cares passionately, and may actually have helped the teama bit... I bet they wanted to know what the hell had happened there too and Wayne wading in may well have stopped one of the players frustration boiling over in the passion of the moment. Red to the manager is a lot less serious than if it was a player.

I'm not a big one for over emotional displays by any boss, but IMHO in this case it is totally understandable and not an issue one bit.
ARNU

It was funny seeing Wayne get sent to the stand at home the other week.He went about 10 ft further back than he normally is.Probably had a better view.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

ARNU wrote:...Probably had a better view.
I've always thought that Managers have one of the worst matchday views being that low down..bet there's quite a few who'd prefer to be in the hospitality boxes!