Tamplin Watch

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

The number of a) real fans who also b) didn't get all big potatoes when the chav king walked in, number in the tens. And yes I feel quite sorry for them.

The rest...
Diggerthedog

Well done to the 60-70 or so who turned in the car park that night to put this guy off. I said they would find the South much harder, Ryman you can buy as many small clubs but South not so easy. As it’s now tough he has pulled the plug despite what his little lap dog Groves says. At least some of us weren’t taken in after just one interview.
Alan

Although he did last longer than Hopkin.
Mike the Dagger

Alan wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 am Although he did last longer than Hopkin.
Indeed. And got them a promotion, improved the ground etc. IF they now get a new owner in who can get them self funding while making them stick ine National League South then in all honestly can anyone say the Tamplin era was bad for Billericay?

Which isn't to say the antics were not an embarrassment, or that it would have worked at our club.
Voice of reason

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:48 am
Alan wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 am Although he did last longer than Hopkin.
Indeed. And got them a promotion, improved the ground etc. IF they now get a new owner in who can get them self funding while making them stick ine National League South then in all honestly can anyone say the Tamplin era was bad for Billericay?

Which isn't to say the antics were not an embarrassment, or that it would have worked at our club.
That's a fair assessment Mike
Diggerthedog

I hope for the real 200-300 real Billericay fans they do get the required help, the contracts/debts left behind is a huge amount to take on.
Daggernewbie

Another one bites the dust Jamie O’Hara’s time at Billericay Town is up after the club confirmed his exit.
Alan

Inman, Robinson, Doe, Cunnington, Modeste, Hayles and O’Hara.

O’Hara says “with the current regime situation and situation surrounding the club, it became impossible for me to stay, I joined the club with Glenn when they had ambition of making the football league league, it now seems there (sic) taking a different direction”
Daggerfrom70s

Different direction meaning they are going to stop paying stupid wages.
Mark

O'Hara can't make the side btw. What an embarrassment.
IanC

Just what is going on,have people seen,read heard anything.I haven’t seen or read anything about them in trouble.All I’ve read is theyre going full time and by the looks of it just got rid of the old dross!
Robinson aside although he’s 32.
Alan

And cut the wage bill from 22k to 10k per week.
dagger4eva

After losing their previous game V Woking 4-0, Ricay got hammered again 5-1 today Vs Chelmsford.
Tamplin has by all accounts gone AWOL and a couplf of their supporters are claiming on Twitter that their GK (Julian) confirmed today their players hadnt been paid.

Funny how the fortunes of them and us can change so drastically in such a short space of time. Long may it continue!!
DI Mike Dashwood

It's all very very funny, and also very very predictable. The way it is happening is probably even more sudden than we all thought.

I am very very pleased we avoided this one, and for those who said at the time that it would end in tears if he came here, you were right.

All I would say is, a lot of those people also lauded the Hopkin deal, and that also ended in tears.

But none of that is relevant at the moment as we appear (and long term judgements can be made further down the line) to have found great owners now, and their takeover has clearly galvanised things on and off the pitch.
RampantDuke

That's a cute spin on the situation Dan!

Reading between the lines;

Tamplin is in rehab, doesn't want to put any more of his money into the club, they are looking for local people to 'invest' (or throw their own money down the pan), no idea if Tamplin is ever coming back, selling all the best players has screwed the dream of getting any higher than National League South. The ride is over. Please come Tuesday - we need the cash. Happy New Year!

https://www.billericaytownfc.co.uk/a-me ... -chairman/
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!