Bury

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Would be quite nice if we "Bury" Bury today.I think a 1-1 draw would be a good result.

If we finish above Southend this season I reckon that would be a great achievement for Wayne and the boys.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mikins

I'd take a draw but I could see us turning over Bury as we're on a decent run and they've been very hit and miss all season and we'd be hitting them at the perfect time to snatch a win.
Sorry about your damn luck!
NickMurphy

Having seen pictures of their pitch it's looking like something of an achievement to even get the game on.
Richie

NickMurphy wrote:Having seen pictures of their pitch it's looking like something of an achievement to even get the game on.
We won on a bad pitch on Wednesday....

Interesting team though, 3 changes. I guess a few would have been tired
TheLion

No sign of Luke Wilkinson since he went off against Bristol Rovers. Does anyone know if he is injured?
Richie

TheLion wrote:No sign of Luke Wilkinson since he went off against Bristol Rovers. Does anyone know if he is injured?
Yes, he is injured. Foot I think
matt_drfc

Good result, anyone who went got any comments on the game in general and any stand out players?
ARNU

I Should have had a bet on 1-1 it seems.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another fantastic effort from the boys. The pitch was unplayable second half. Dug out another result from our never say die attitude.

Azeez was completely wiped out by their goalkeeper at one nil how in gods name we never got a penalty and their goalkeeper off lord only knows.

Another tasty finish by Luke Norris. Rode our luck but we had something Bury lack a goalscorer.

Started off playing some good stuff but as conditions got worse football was not possable

Fantastic effort from Medi Luke Howell and Abs all afternoon. Sadly we had to change D'ath at halftime his style of play got lost in the mud. First 20 minutes he bossed midfield but as Conditions got worse the ball
Was not moving and the Pitch ended up like a first world war battle field

Three fantastic saves by Chris Lewington but in my opinion Scott Doe was again the best player on the pitch.

Owing to conditions todays result is a better one then it looks. Conditions were dreadfull and the Lads have put in one hell of a shift
Lcbdagger

What's all this on BBC about Clive Platt having a certain goal get stuck in the mud? Was it that bad or an exaggeration?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Er yeah I agree with Sussex for the most part. Cannot believe he didn't give a penalty, Jensen absolutely chopped him down, should have been a straight red, baffling decision.

Conditions were poor and the pitch basically collapsed about halfway through the second half, it was a proper Football League game but credit to the boys for trying to play. Some of them (D'Ath, Elito) didn't fancy it but credit to the likes of Abu (who else), Azeez when he came on, and Norris, for trying a bit of invention every now and then. Great goal by Norris, was always gonna be a little moment of magic to score - their defence was creaky and very very slow indeed. I really thought the game was there for the winning by the end but their number 7 had an excellent game and was always a threat on the counter, I think that put us off as well. To combat him we basically had 2 left backs by the end after Bingham came on, Femi was absolutely useless - the highlight being an attempted clearance that turned in to a beautifully weighted cross for one of their strikers - but Connors was struggling against the 7 and it was probably the right call to take him off.

Didn't think they were much cop, Clive Platt did his Clive Platt thing and they didn't have much in the way of a midfield, very hoofy team. It's taken its toll on the fans as well - there was hardly anyone there and the atmosphere was non existent. Top marks to the 103 Daggers by the way, I only came from Leeds but it was still a trek - bloody trams, why can't they just have trains like everywhere bloody else in the country?

Their ground is actually quite nice and so is the town - although the weather was abysmal today. Nice statue of Robert Peel though.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Don't think it was a case of nobody fancying it. Medy and Lawson are Footballers and it was impossible to play that sort of game.

Lawson was very lively first 20 minutes but as the pitch got worse you could hardly have any confidence in passing the ball more then 5 yards. It either held up or when you tried to compensate for the conditions it was over hit.

Everybody stuck to it and it was hard for Medy simply because he is not that sort of Player, but please give him some credit he still tried his heart out.

It was hard graft from start to finish and mistakes were made in a lot of places owing to the conditions, thought the attitude and effort was fantastic throughout.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Fair enough, obviously it's difficult for anyone to play when the pitch/weather/opposition are such an absolute state.
Dagdale

Surprised out of awful pitch conditions came quite an entertaining game, Shakers definitely caused our boys problems first half especially down that left flank and quite glad it was still goalless at half time. Surfaces especially around our goal end were going to be up for players making some mistakes and think Jensen should be given benefit of doubt. One side of me says his been a great servant to the game. Would have liked to seen Billy B start cause his contribution when he came on was good, still not sure about Chambers's role, but when they scored thought our response in pushing that ball up to our front guys seem to grow better late in game and thus Luke curled his shot in beautifully, full marks there. To be honest didn't think we'd grab a winning goal but most of us agreed a one all was a good result for us. This ground was very nicely laid out along with Portsmouth's the best ground been to all season, friendly bunch and in the town Bury market is a must on a trip there. O and had a laugh with the club in their programme proclaiming to introduce us as THE COD ARMY.