Luke Norris

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

With us until May 3rd . Be a shame for us and the lad if we did squeeze into playoffs as is there not some rule you can only renew a loan twice after the inital period.
HogansHeros

Top news. Brilliant solo effort in the mud at Bury
dagger4eva

Well happy with this. If we can get him playing up top with murphy that would be some prospect!
ARNU

Better than Murphy,come on Wayne get ya wallet out !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Better than Murphy,come on Wayne get ya wallet out !!
No hope Arnu that chance has gone. This kid is going places and if Peterborough were looking at Rhys then they must know about him.

Would have scored 20 goals if he had started with us. How Northampton did not keep him remains a mystery.

One thing about this season is the loans.

D'aith ,Norris and even for that 40 minutes Samuels looked quality players at this level. The only one I am luke warm about is Azeez and even he has his supporters.

All the worry when up and under Johnny left about us not being able to recruit through lack of contacts have been proved wrong. Each and every one of the new recruits and loans have shown something and that gives nothing but credit to the Manager and his Staff.
Ilford Dagger

Good news that Norris is with us until May 3rd, interesting that JS never got players of this calibre when he was Manager (assuming he tried although maybe players didn't fancy getting a stiff neck waiting for the ball to come down from the sky!!). I would guess that finances are similar to last year so it shows what can be done - maybe should have been done previously as well?
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:Better than Murphy,come on Wayne get ya wallet out !!
No hope Arnu that chance has gone. This kid is going places and if Peterborough were looking at Rhys then they must know about him.

Would have scored 20 goals if he had started with us. How Northampton did not keep him remains a mystery.

One thing about this season is the loans.

D'aith ,Norris and even for that 40 minutes Samuels looked quality players at this level. The only one I am luke warm about is Azeez and even he has his supporters.

All the worry when up and under Johnny left about us not being able to recruit through lack of contacts have been proved wrong. Each and every one of the new recruits and loans have shown something and that gives nothing but credit to the Manager and his Staff.
Norris scored a couple of goals for Northampton and was then benched by Boothroyd for much the remainder of his loan despite other options being fairly shocking. If Northampton go down, they may live to regret that decision. I think he'd have scored a fair few more for them.

I don't think it's inconceivable that we could get Norris. He's good but the same people raving about him now are the same ones who were raving about Murphy when he was League 2 top scorer. Both are strong players for this level but both still have aspects of their game that need a lot of work. For instance, I thought Norris was largely anonymous at home to Morecambe whilst Murphy has also had them type of games. I don't think Norris is ready for League 1 yet. It'll be interesting to see what Brentford do regarding his contract. If he's a free agent, I'd be pretty sure that Wayne will have a go at securing him.
Mark

I agree Lee. Good player but being hyped a bit. He's had a few off games where he's barely been in the game or looked like he wanted to be. Skilful though. Would be a good signing but I think he'd have better options.