Bore Draw !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

That was the most boring 90 minutes of football I've ever seen over there tonight.

1st half....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!
2nd half....Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!!!

Review of the match er.....nothing happened nobody shone ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ again !!!!

I can wait for Saturday.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

0 was the most we deserved.

1 was the least Accrington deserved
Pondfield Dagger

3 or 4 times of the line, and a few good saves from lewy especially the save onto bar at end of first half. we could have easily conceded 4 or 5 tonight!!!

but what a chance by Dickson at the end there..free header, put it wide!! ffs!!!!
dagger4eva

Thought we played some good stuff 1st half. Moved the ball around / on the pitch quickly and there was an obvious real intent to get straight at them. Had to put up with a number of embarassing dives.

2nd half we sat back, ran out of ideas and thought it was acceptable to smash the granny out of the ball at every given opportunity.
This gave Accy the real come on and they will be gutted not to have the 3 points.

Shit crowd tho somehow slightly better than l was expecting.

And lastly fair play to the 25 from Accrington. Great effort on a Tuesday night considering they have sod all to play for.

Still not given up all hope for playoffs but think we will HAVE to beat Oxford Saturday.

P.S sooner Dickson f*** off the better. Waste of absolute space and money. Get back to the Cyprus League son!!
FullMetalDagger

poor game, weak ref, flattering result.

and their 17, i dont think its fair to send a player out who cant actually walk yet.
leewilson

dagger4eva wrote:Thought we played some good stuff 1st half. Moved the ball around / on the pitch quickly and there was an obvious real intent to get straight at them. Had to put up with a number of embarassing dives.

2nd half we sat back, ran out of ideas and thought it was acceptable to smash the granny out of the ball at every given opportunity.
This gave Accy the real come on and they will be gutted not to have the 3 points.

Shit crowd tho somehow slightly better than l was expecting.

And lastly fair play to the 25 from Accrington. Great effort on a Tuesday night considering they have sod all to play for.

Still not given up all hope for playoffs but think we will HAVE to beat Oxford Saturday.

P.S sooner Dickson f*** off the better. Waste of absolute space and money. Get back to the Cyprus League son!!
Sorry Paul. Normally I'm the optimist but I thought we were rubbish first half as well. Granted we kept the ball a bit better but aside from mastering the sideways pass and there being a continuous huge gap between our very straight lined midfield 4 and our immobile front two, we offered nothing. 2nd half we didn't even bother to keep the ball. Femi once again mastered the 'pretending to take the man on and not actually doing it' routine. Bingham tried to be inventive every once in a while but no one could seemingly be arsed to make any runs in behind tonight. Chambers buzzed around a lot and then lost the ball.

On a more level headed note, the boys looked tired tonight. I'm not using it as an excuse but we've had a lot of matches over the past month and some far away trips on shoddy pitches. The legs didn't seem to be there tonight. I was half expecting that before the game to be honest. I think we'll be leggy Saturday as well. I know we've been calling for Shields to start alot this season, but I'm actually genuinely calling for it this time. We've rotated quite well but it's the same players being rotated so obviously there's still going to be a degree of tiredness.

For Saturday, the back 4 may as well stay the same I suppose (although Femi was cack tonight). I'd go Ogogo, D'ath together with Medy in front of them. Azeez one side. Shields the other. Norris up front. Could really do with a fresh Murphy back soon as well after this heavy month.
matt_drfc

That was proper boring. Oh well, it was worth £1 I suppose.
dagger4eva

Agree with the looking leggy and tired comments. March has been a killer in terms of number of games and miles travelled.
Also even more agree that Shields needs a start.

If Azeez, Samuel (for 40 mins), D'Ath, and god knows who else are "ready" then so is Sean Sheilds.

P.S whilst im in the mood ill get it off my chest. Not surprising how much the crowds have dropped l now regularly see different "supporters" each week who are using the opportunity of selling a couple of golden goal or 50/50 tickets to get in to the game for free. Find it appauling to be honest
SUSSEX DAGGER

We left our guts on the field at Bury. Saturday massive effort left mothing in our legs .

Femi took a hell of a wack late on Saturday and finished on one leg. He is clearly injured as must be Connors who never even made the bench.

We did not need tonights game we looked dog tired throughout. All these games have taken their toll we ran out of petrol.

My only consolation is this time last year we would have lost that game.

We were poor tonight but credit to Accrington who came with a plan and looked a very well organised outfit.
They have improved 1000% since we played up there and should have won in a canter tonight.
Dagdale

If I was one of those 25 Accy fans going back up the M6 tonight I'd be gutted, without Lewys and a few of our players kicking off the line efforts we'd have lost this by far. Our pitch for this season as like tonight superb so cant excuse how we didn't connect well tonight, just scratching me head wondering when are we going to break into winning at home again.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Obviously if you dont score goals you dont win matches Dagdale. 1 goal in open play in the last 4 home games is very poor little wonder we dont win .Before kick off we were in the top half dozen for goals . A stst that leaves you scrstching your head for answers.
TheLion

I know we are in a better place in the league than most of us expected by this time in the season,

BUT

That display last night caps our home form since December 1st. One win in the league at home.

One win in 10 games and only 7 goals scored and three of those against Scunthorpe. If you forget the last 30 minutes against Scunthorpe this current home form is absolute pants.

I only noted one piece of acceptable play last night, the run and cross by Shields but then Dickson missed an open goal!

Accy look a much better prospect than us on the display last night. Their players were looking for the ball and the team tended to pass the ball rather than trying to lump it up.

And of course, we have reverted to bringing everyone back for corners even little Shields!

Our away form is papering over the cracks but what happens when the loan players leave? Mind you, I will help to pack Azeez's bag; how many time did he fall over last night?

Sort something out Wayne and please give Shields a start and get Goldburg back for the start of next season.
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We left our guts on the field at Bury. Saturday massive effort left mothing in our legs .
We did not need tonights game we looked dog tired throughout. All these games have taken their toll we ran out of petrol.

My only consolation is this time last year we would have lost that game.
Completely this. I was annoyed after the game at our showing but when I reflected on it. These were the first two points to come to mind. We are a young fit side but like Wayne has said on occasions, not too many of these players are used to play 7-8 games in just 3-4 weeks. They are still learning their trade. I think the manager has done tremendous this month. He has rotated as much as possible within a small squad. We could quite easily have bombed this month and found ourselves knee deep in the relegation battle. As it is, we're frustrated because we can't quite muster a play off push despite being unbeaten in March. We're quick to jump on Wayne's back when it goes wrong. I think he deserves a lot of credit here. As do the players actually. Last year we would have lost that game. Although we didn't play well on the ball tonight, their commitment is not in question and they dug in and did their best to limit Accy to largely half chances and balls into the box.

The play offs is too much this season but like I said a couple of weeks ago, we are laying down some good foundations here for next season.

Now onto Saturday. I'm not expecting miracles as it's another game just a few days after the last. If we get anything at home to Oxford, I'll be happy.
Last edited by leewilson on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagger4eva

Agreed Lee (again)

But for us not being unbeaten this month thus far, which has been one of the most testing months I remember for a long long time given the opponents and number of miles clocked up on the road we could easily have found ourselves severely in the doo-doo.

As it is we are pretty much already assured of our league status with 7 games to go. If we can't enjoy the rest of the season now in this position we never will !!!

More I do think about it though the more I never want to see Chris Dickson in a Daggers shirt ever again. Tough & close call but think I would actually rather have Joke Reed or Big John back :lol:
oddsi

I have to say that I agree with most of the posts above & some interesting facts to boot. I had'nt realised that our home form is as bad as it actually is. One win in 10 & only 7 goals scored is scandalous. Thank god for the good start to the campaign.

Although I am more than happy that we sit in a fairly comfortable mid table position & most of us would have took that back in August, I have to say that everyone seems very supportive of Wayne etc, but from my seat in the Carling stand, I am fairly close to our dugout, & I think that Wayne needs to get a grip of himself otherwise he going to find himself banished from the touchline. Once again, he was being restrained by Darren Currie as another decision went against us, & he was giving the fourth official hell. What good is that going to do, officials never change their mind, even despite being proven wrong. However more worrying is his rants & rollickings at our own players, & this I believe is having an adverse effect on our performances, as I think a lot of our players are playing in fear & therefore are not relaxed & performing to their ability. They have a worried look about them & are often looking to the bench etc, in fear that they are not doing as instructed. This cant be right, & I think that Wayne should calm down a little & allow his players to perform without the constant threat of another bollicking !!

Without wishing seem negative, I am also not sure that Wayne know's his best team or most effective formation, of which I am sure does'nt help. He needs to find a formula & stick to it, rather than constantly tinkering. Why oh why have we gone back to the long ball hoof ? Its Ok playing it out from the back & making numerous sideways passes, but unless there is movement throughout the team, it just ends up with a pointless hoof forward.

Please Wayne,on Saturday, pick your team, give them your instructions & let them play. Please do not constantly scream at them for every misplaced pass etc. A little of bit of encouragement might also work wonders. Then if it goes wrong, leave your ranting til halftime or fulltime whereby you maybe able to get your point across. Let the boys play without fear......................