Oxford Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:leewilson in "post less than 12 paragraph" shocker ;)
Double shock! :D
Dagdale

Think your spot on Arnu about use of the TBS this season by home fans, our games with the Combo S/T have well past run out now and other than Pompey and Southend which they should rightly have full allocation (Where else can we accommodate in the ground a very large away support, and lets be frank the club needs the money). I truly havn't been that impressed with it all in there and to an extent I really cant see me doing the same next season and renewing the same, feel seeing out 23 games in the sieve on is a better option, Pretty drab in TBS surrounding my many who had no interest in the match and to some degree felt very uncomfortable in there.
ARNU

Gonna say something quite unexpected now......

The way the club have done it.....Id rather stand in the sieve !

They haven't championed the TBS,haven't tried to sell it,havent encouraged a noisey atmosphere in there and to be honest,Ive stood 3 of the 10 times available to me.The club never liked the idea and only grudgingly let us have it.I still say the facilities view and acoustics are better but if your not going to promote an atmosphere you might as well close the bastard.Thommo spells it out perfectly in his recent interviews,its about the money we can extort from away fans.As theres not many that bother coming to maybe 19 of the 23 home games we have(25 Accy the other night was it?)they hope and pray that regulars will upgrade on the night and spend more for their seat in there.
All things we were told initially were impossible by the way.They stopped the advance ticket discount as the away fans were taking advantage of the discount too much too.

Done rightly,it would be an entirely different matter.

Get the drum in there,allow the noisy ones who attend most away games to stand up the back and drop the price for a seat in there you might just create an atmosphere.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Get the drum in there,allow the noisy ones who attend most away games to stand up the back and drop the price for a seat in there you might just create an atmosphere.
That's if they want to sit. I like standing personally
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Get the drum in there,allow the noisy ones who attend most away games to stand up the back and drop the price for a seat in there you might just create an atmosphere.
It's seats, so the club have a duty to get you to try to sit down, not offer you a standing spot in a seated area. They do try to get away fans to sit too but there is a balance between asking and getting over the top when they don't and throwing people out in a "lets cause a riot" sort of way. They tried on Saturday but some of the Oxford fans weren't having it.

To be fair, the "noisy ones who attend most away games", and the drum, are in the sieve at the moment, under cover and able to make a noise, yet we hardly hear a peep. Would cutting prices to the Pondfield Road Stand, and therefore income from away fans, and letting that group stand in a seated area make any odds. Doubt it tbh, I think it would just cause endless hassles.

You are flogging a dead one here.
SUSSEX DAGGER

According to Morecambe fans the other week who I was talking to on the tube after the game they were not allowed their drum in the TBS.

Such a shame it has not taken off Players commented when it was tried a couple of seasons back.
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Get the drum in there,allow the noisy ones who attend most away games to stand up the back and drop the price for a seat in there you might just create an atmosphere.
Yeah I get it Matt,but the majority of away games I go to we all stand in the seats near the back anyway.Theres no atmosphere at our home games anywhere in the ground these days sitting or standing unless you are in the away supporters section.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:According to Morecambe fans the other week who I was talking to on the tube after the game they were not allowed their drum in the TBS.

Such a shame it has not taken off Players commented when it was tried a couple of seasons back.
Do you remember that night a few seasons back just after the TB stand was opened,Aldershot I think it was,outsung and drummed us all to death and they won 5-2 or 5-3.Arber penalty and Nana scored I seem to remember.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Yeah I get it Matt,but the majority of away games I go to we all stand in the seats near the back anyway.Theres no atmosphere at our home games anywhere in the ground these days sitting or standing unless you are in the away supporters section.
Yeah I know, just repeating it like you do lol.. But yeah, away games we obviously stand in the seats, but that's because we have to go in the seats. If I had a choice, I'd probably say terrace. Also, I like standing in the sieve cos it's on the side. I was standing behind you on Saturday if you was wearing the old yellow away shirt.
ARNU

I saw three other yellow shirts Saturday.I was the chiselled attractive middle aged dude with all the birds around me LOL!!
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:I saw three other yellow shirts Saturday.I was the chiselled attractive middle aged dude with all the birds around me LOL!!
Haha, if you was with your son, it was you