Oxford Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TheLion

Oxford were awful, we were dreadful!

The goal just summed it up, an absolute joke.

We may have won, and have 54 points, but most of us know that since Dec 1st 8 home goals ( or should I say ) 5 in nine games at home is a joke.

Wayne has done well, but at home recently he has looked like he is out of his depth.
Diggerthedog

TheLion wrote:Oxford were awful, we were dreadful!

We may have won, and have 54 points, but most of us know that since Dec 1st 8 home goals ( or should I say ) 5 in nine games at home is a joke.

Wayne has done well, but at home recently he has looked like he is out of his depth.
Hahahaha! Stats are great when you quote a selection of games, what about all the home games previous to that? Our form home and away this season has been mid table and thats where we will finish. Alot better than the previous experienced regime could manage.

Some of our fans really baffle me.
TheLion

The discussion I am trying to I initiate, is that since Dec 1st we have been dreadful at home. If you dispute that, then I suggest you have been somewhere else.

I have said that 54 points is a great achievement, but today summed it up at home recently, dire!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:

Hahahaha! Stats are great when you quote a selection of games, what about all the home games previous to that? Our form home and away this season has been mid table and thats where we will finish. Alot better than the previous experienced regime could manage.

Is it me but win lose or draw since new year we are often 10th with the occasional dip to 11th or 12th. With 4 bottom teams to play and with a lot of games between the current top 7 to be played a top 10 finish looks well on . A remarkable acheivement by Wayne his Staff and team
Daggers No 2 Fan

Diggerthedog wrote:

It's certainly baffling how some can't allow any criticism of the current regime and have to take shots at the previous regime as a fairly misguided defence.
Incidentally, the home form last season under the previous regime last season was W7, D4, L5 from 17 games. The current regimes record from the same number of home games this season was W7, D5, L5.

The current position is a decent achievement. The recent run at home is not. It's funny that someone that has mentioned attendances a few times chooses to ignore one of the key factors in dropping home crowds.
Diggerthedog

We were playing well at home the start if the season the crowds stayed the same. Our crowds will never ever change no matter how well we are doing at home. Success like being top of the league will only change that, our 1200 hard core home will show up regardless.

The previous regime were clueless in the many seasons that had to sort out bad away form, Wayne has mastered that in 1 year.

So I make one post and it mean in can't except criticism of the currently regime? Another hahahahahahaha
Dagdale

In over many years watching league football got to be the most bizarre goal I've ever seen and thankfully to our favour and more importantly couldn't have come at a better time almost to the wire. Thought their guy originally had his back to keeper, but he was facing Clarke, it just seemed to ricochet off Bevans as Luke really hit that superbly hard, maybe on a spin. Sometimes you need a bit of luck in football and yesterday it come our way at last, but would have put everything on this from the first half hour going a goalless draw. Its so nice to sit back and almost positively say at 54 points were dead safe now? I cant get my head around mentioning play off's I think were too much catching up to do but feel on paper we should get a good win at Wycombe Saturday and will no doubt make the next six games more enjoyable and less stress about them now. Yes the guys running the show have got still more team work to do but full credit boys, NICE ONE!
Ilford Dagger

Whether we've played well or not over the season we've got to 54 points which should guarantee League football next year - a fine achievement given our resources, crowd etc, WB & the team deserve immense credit for that, with no pressure on us maybe they should be allowed to go out & express themselves in the remaining 6 games.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Diggerthedog wrote:We were playing well at home the start if the season the crowds stayed the same. Our crowds will never ever change no matter how well we are doing at home. Success like being top of the league will only change that, our 1200 hard core home will show up regardless.

The previous regime were clueless in the many seasons that had to sort out bad away form, Wayne has mastered that in 1 year.

So I make one post and it mean in can't except criticism of the currently regime? Another hahahahahahaha
1200 won't keep turning up regardless if the home form stays on the level it has been for the last 4 months. People will get fed up of watching largely uninteresting games.
Home form is the bread and butter for every team in the world, away form is a bonus. To have ended up with the the opposite way round recently is not a good thing long term. Points away may keep us up, but they won't get people through our gates.

I can't think of any reason to bring up the old regime in response to the original point, which was about nothing other than recent home form. The point about not accepting criticism of Burnett was a general one, as I've seen quite a few example did fairly strange defending of him. That you think it applies to you is your own assumption.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:Just like to also point out that since 90% of people on here were calling for Lewington to be dropped, he's in turn responded with two clean sheets and making a top save in both.

Sometimes it pays to not jump the gun and back your keeper.
It seems fair to say though that moaning about poor performances and mentioning the possibility of dropping an underperforming player publicly might just of re-invigorated the player to get his finger out too.He had a good game and didn't mess up one kick either.Whatever gets the best results is alright by me.I cant believe Wayne hasn't mentioned lewy's cack performances to him lately,can you ? Ultimately the keepers mistakes are the most costly so we need a pretty consistant high standard from whoever is between the sticks,then the odd mistake is excusable.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:We were playing well at home the start if the season the crowds stayed the same. Our crowds will never ever change no matter how well we are doing at home. Success like being top of the league will only change that, our 1200 hard core home will show up regardless.

1200 won't keep turning up regardless if the home form stays on the level it has been for the last 4 months. People will get fed up of watching largely uninteresting games.
Home form is the bread and butter for every team in the world, away form is a bonus. To have ended up with the the opposite way round recently is not a good thing long term. Points away may keep us up, but they won't get people through our gates.

I can't think of any reason to bring up the old regime in response to the original point, which was about nothing other than recent home form. The point about not accepting criticism of Burnett was a general one, as I've seen quite a few example did fairly strange defending of him. That you think it applies to you is your own assumption.
1200 kept turning up when we were not winning anywhere or don't you recall that 4 points out of 51 two seasons back.

On the hypothetical post you said last time we went up it did us more harm then good. Good job our home form is so poor then if you think any repeat of that would do likewise.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:Just like to also point out that since 90% of people on here were calling for Lewington to be dropped, he's in turn responded with two clean sheets and making a top save in both.

Sometimes it pays to not jump the gun and back your keeper.
It seems fair to say though that moaning about poor performances and mentioning the possibility of dropping an underperforming player publicly might just of re-invigorated the player to get his finger out too.He had a good game and didn't mess up one kick either.Whatever gets the best results is alright by me.I cant believe Wayne hasn't mentioned lewy's cack performances to him lately,can you ? Ultimately the keepers mistakes are the most costly so we need a pretty consistant high standard from whoever is between the sticks,then the odd mistake is excusable.
Hang on, are you suggesting that some people moaning on a forum has 'reinvigorated' him? What kind of planet are you living on?

I'm sure Wayne mentions mistakes and performance levels to any player regardless of their position. But even so, let's just reevaluate here. He made 2 high profile mistakes. 2!!!!!!! One of them largely down to a dodgy pitch. The other a genuine cock up. I doubt he threw the ball into his net on purpose. In the split second the ball came towards him, he misjudged the flight and ballsed the save up. He's been making superb saves all season. And he did actually miss a couple of kicks that were slightly overhit and went straight out for a throw but you probably don't remember this as the Oxford keeper scuffed a few first half. But yeah, I'm sure as Constable turned and shot on Saturday, as Lewington stuck out that big leg of his to produce a superb reaction save, he felt 'reinvigorated' because a few alias' on a supproters forum have been calling for him to be dropped lately. :lol:
ARNU

Im not saying anything we say on a forum is ever going to change a players outlook but You cant have it both ways Lee. I say some things on here and get reprimanded because "A player might see them" and how awful I have been to point out whichever misdemeanour/mistake that's been made and how it will emotionally cripple the player forever should he read it,and how he might die if the cotton wool he's so delicately guarded by is moved aside briefly.Now your saying none of them read our shit and even if they did they'd not be at all affected by it in any way at all.Mark Arber had a twitter meltdown when I dared mention he was a bit slow and shouldn't of played injured,Mr gives it large about others but couldnot take it however small the dose of truth wanted to dish out a slap or two and "kick my ass" or something.Since then he's publicly said he shouldn't have played,strange that.Only big ego's will ever be affected by constructive criticism.Lewy certainly aint got one of those and played a blinder Saturday.(I bet they do have a read and hopefully take anything we say objectively even if they sometimes immediately disregard it).If you criticise me in my work capacity,believe me I know my weaknesses and all I can say is Im forever looking to improve in those weak areas.I welcome all criticism(Usually entertain it for a good few seconds at least)

Anyway,Im sure anything you or I might say would already have been spotted by the management/coaching staff way before we get to comment.Also if you asked Lewy about his recent form Im sure he'd be the 1st to admit he's had one or two off games,he knows what hes got to work on and so does Mr stannard.Im teasing you a little bit really here but Im sure you agree with the concept of competition for places.Look how players in other positions get quite complacent where there is no competition snapping at their heels.Lewy was never getting dropped while Hogan was on the books was he ? Femi seemed to get a bit lack lustre under Stilly when McCrory went to Burton,now Connors is here he has to perform to retain his slot.Connors did well yesterday,no way can you drop him for the Wycombe game on that showing.For Seabrights progression he has to play,he's shown he can do a job,when the No1 is underperforming he should get a go for both their sakes.

Also,Stilly used to get quite animated over comments on forums despite supposedly never reading them.I think an individual comment by a lone forumite will always be disregarded.When a majority of contributors are saying the same thing I think it does get acted upon to a degree.I think my constant banging on about the TBS stand has in a small part contributed to the almost 180 degree turn around in policy regarding its use by home fans.We have more power than you think.I do think sometimes all of us could be a bit more delicate in the way we put things.Football is a rather passionate affair though so maybe criticism should be made a few days after an incident rather than 20 mins after final whistle ay Mr Burnett after the Wycombe game on the radio LOL!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

I feel reinvigorated now to make a better post.

On second thoughts, actually I don't.......
DI Mike Dashwood

leewilson in "post less than 12 paragraph" shocker ;)