Oxford Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

What do people think the score will be? I fancy us to win 2-1... Although slim, we do still have a chance of play offs whilst it's still mathmatically possible. Come on you daggersssssss!
Richie

2-1 win for me also. We'd then by 5 off of the playoffs with 6 to go...
Lcbdagger

If ever there was a game I thought would end 0-0 before we even got to half time it was today... brilliant stuff today though boys to push on and win that one!

If either Oxford or a Southend finish the season in the top six or seven it really says a lot about how poor the league is this season
ARNU

I'll happily take that.I thought we were slightly the better team though we never looked like scoring.The defence was imense today.Doe and Hoyte especially.It was nice to win that way against Oxford as well,as I was one of the travelling fans to their ground this season when they won it in the last seconds of injury time.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
shoreyda2nd

Amazing own goal :lol:
Thought Doe, Hoyte, Abu and Dicko when he came on were fantastic today. Dickson changed the game and did alot more in ten minutes than Norris did in 80 today..
Richie

Hoyte was MOTM for me but nobody played bad although Saah had to do pretty much nothing with Doe marking Connolly very well throughout.

That goal though, bizarre to say the least. Just looked at next weekend's fixtures and all the other contenders have tough looking games, get a win at Wycombe which we're well capable of and you never know!
shoreyda2nd

Easy to forget but Lewy made a vital great save at 0-0 in the second half
Daggers No 2 Fan

A pretty dire match overall, two poor teams and another set of terrible officials. 0-0 would have only be an unfair result as neither team really even deserved the 0.

I can only assume Shields will be looking for another club come the summer. When he even cant get 30 minutes when Azeez and Chambers get plenty of game time he just can't be rated by the manager.
Richie

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:A pretty dire match overall, two poor teams and another set of terrible officials. 0-0 would have only be an unfair result as neither team really even deserved the 0.

I can only assume Shields will be looking for another club come the summer. When he even cant get 30 minutes when Azeez and Chambers get plenty of game time he just can't be rated by the manager.
I don't rate Chambers and surely Dickson put himself ahead of Azeez in the pecking order after his cameo today. But I'd rather Obafemi (If he's fit?) than Shields
leewilson

Just like to also point out that since 90% of people on here were calling for Lewington to be dropped, he's in turn responded with two clean sheets and making a top save in both.

Sometimes it pays to not jump the gun and back your keeper.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was it an own goal or was it a clearence that hit Luke.

Think if it was a boxing match we would have won on points.

They made Chambers who played down the middle for most of the game look better then he was. If they ever need a replacement for the Lion in the Wizard of Oz he is your boy. A trip to see the wizard for a bit of courage
Would not be a bad idea.

When he went back on the wing twice he was in on goal only to overhit the final ball on the first attempt and then somehow play the ball behind Azeez who just needed a square ball for a chance even he would not miss.

Good result but we nearly regreted once again our failure to take the game by the throat.

So after a long March we went undeafeated. Wayne must have a chance of mom I would think. If Scott Doe is not in the Player of the month nominations then the game has gone. Once again today superb.
Daggers No 2 Fan

It was a definite own goal - one of their players cleared it on to another and it looped in. Howell was no where near it after his initial shot.
shoreyda2nd

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:It was a definite own goal - one of their players cleared it on to another and it looped in. Howell was no where near it after his initial shot.
Looked to me that Luke meant that though.. :lol:
matt_drfc

Much better than Tuesday, started very bright, pleased we finally got some luck.

Lewy made a great save at 0-0, as lee said it pays to back your keeper. Thought Chambers looked lively, just no end product. Norris was quite poor, looked like he picked up a knock in first half. Hoyte and Doe as mentioned were fantastic. Dickson and Azeez done pretty well when they came on, was a good cross from Dickson to Howell for the goal. Connors showed he deserves to start IMO.

Unbeaten in March, 14 points in 8 games, keep going boys. Play offs are definitely still there for us if we believe!
Lcbdagger

I've personally never been a huge fan of Chambers since he came in but to be fair to him he has a lot of support where I stand... lots of skill but almost no end product. Azeez will make a good League Two striker in the future but is certainly no winger and doesn't seem to back himself to score when he's in or around the penalty area, despite the two goals recently.

Noris has moments when he looks a threat but has other occasions when his role as the 'target man' fails him because he has a six yard first touch! In fairnes to him, any decent ball in to the box that he nearly got on the end of during the game usually saw no other attacking player within ten yerds of him... the ball from Hoyte in the first half was asking for three or four people to be up around the back post.

Excellent stuff from Lewington at the end of the game, especially as I feared for the worst when Constable came on... in response to Lee's comment however, nobody on here has ever attacked him shot stopping ability... this has always been top class along with his reactions.

Really brilliant result today and makes it all the more frustrating that we haven't pushed on a bit to win other games or had a bit of luck with a goal like today. SKY Sports appears to have given it to Howell on their website report but certainly was an own goal unless my sight escaped me.

Still not certain how either of us could possibly be good enough on that form for a top 7 place in the league