Just a quick mention...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Without wanting to come across all Adrian in the face of a great Home win... Trevor Kettle you really are a quite hateful individual! Please go find another profession. Cheers!
TommyD&R

All I can ever think about when we have him is that last minute pen he gave against us at orient a few seasons back, we would've had another season in league 1 if it wasn't for that!
Ilford Dagger

If I recall correctly we didn't get another away point after the Orient draw but yes, Kettle is yet another poor FL Ref (in good company with 20/30 others mind!!).
SUSSEX DAGGER

TommyD&R wrote:All I can ever think about when we have him is that last minute pen he gave against us at orient a few seasons back, we would've had another season in league 1 if it wasn't for that!
Bit harsh when you consider the Morgan miss and an appeal by Femi for the sending off at the penalty was rejected.

Agree however you will not find a more detestable git who went about it yesterday as if it was all beneath him.
DI Mike Dashwood

I believe Mr Kettle's finest hour in a Daggers game was losing control of a JPT game at Gillingham, around 2008 or 2009!!!
Richie

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I believe Mr Kettle's finest hour in a Daggers game was losing control of a JPT game at Gillingham, around 2008 or 2009!!!
His "performance" that night riled a few enough to be chucked out if I recall correctly.
DI Mike Dashwood

Indeed, I remember a bit of a disturbance of some sort, which is quiet rare at our games. We were in the stand along the side, opposite the main stand.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

TommyD&R wrote:All I can ever think about when we have him is that last minute pen he gave against us at orient a few seasons back, we would've had another season in league 1 if it wasn't for that!

Was that the one where Femi(?) got sent off? I thought that was a pen if memory serves, didn't stop me feeling absolutely sick. Was that the one with the Morgan miss?
NickMurphy

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:

Was that the one where Femi(?) got sent off? I thought that was a pen if memory serves, didn't stop me feeling absolutely sick. Was that the one with the Morgan miss?
Definitely remember the last minute pen. But at the same time, I always remember that despite our bad luck that day with the penalty decision, we were rewarded at Swindon when Femi fouled one of their players in the box and the ref gave nothing when it was a stone wall penalty in the 90th minute or so. That was a cracking away game.
SUSSEX DAGGER

NickMurphy wrote:
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:

Definitely remember the last minute pen. But at the same time, I always remember that despite our bad luck that day with the penalty decision, we were rewarded at Swindon when Femi fouled one of their players in the box and the ref gave nothing when it was a stone wall penalty in the 90th minute or so. That was a cracking away game.
That was not Femi that was Romain Nick like you I thought it was a stonewall.
shoreyda2nd

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
NickMurphy wrote: Definitely remember the last minute pen. But at the same time, I always remember that despite our bad luck that day with the penalty decision, we were rewarded at Swindon when Femi fouled one of their players in the box and the ref gave nothing when it was a stone wall penalty in the 90th minute or so. That was a cracking away game.
That was not Femi that was Romain Nick like you I thought it was a stonewall.
As I remember it, it looked like shoulder to shoulder? All 3 players chasing the ball and Femi and Romain (I think) kind of sandwiched their player..

Anyway, I think Mr Kettle is as useless as the next guy, but I don't think he was that bad Saturday, we've had far worse refereeing performances this season.