Banning orders

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:Mike the Dagger a genuine few questions to you whilst you are awaiting answers to questions you have asked.
On Feb 06 you put up a link to a piece you wrote on your opinion on recent events which resulted in replies that it was a fair reflection of what had been going on. Responses to your opinion piece were also fairly well received.
By Feb 08 your piece was no longer available to be viewed by members of the forum. You were asked on the same thread where has your opinion piece gone but you have omitted to answer.

Were you asked by any board member to remove it? Have you still belief in what you wrote? Are you likely to repost it anytime soon?
By the way another recent link you posted Twohundredpercent in my opinion was another balanced and well written article.
I was asked to remove it, but not by a board member. Let the guessing games commence!

I do still believe most of what I wrote is correct and at some point in the future I will write another item with the facts as I have them now. It kicked off a decent debate though and got people talking to me. so nothing lost.
Im hoping the person responsible for the request to remove the article will come out into the open on here with an explanation of why

It really doesnt take a rocket scientist to work who it is
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote: SteveO and the other flag owners are very reasonable people. If Thompson/Glyn/The Club has issued a statement or a plea or called a meeting to formally request the end of the flags, setting out the almost certain consequences if they weren't, and to try draw a line under proceedings once and for all – I am CERTAIN they would’ve obliged and the flags wouldn’t have been seen again for dust.
But there was a meeting between Bennett and Hopkin, the flag owners, and the Supporters Club. They were asked face to face to get rid of them.
DiggerDagger.com wrote:"Following the previous discussion of the flags Glyn and I had a meeting with representatives from the Supporters Club and the owners of the Trump and North Korea flags to try to resolve our differences. Glyn asked that the offending flags no longer be displayed at away games, and stated that they were banned at home matches by him."
Despite this the flags were still taken to away games, including ones on the TV.
No response to this one then?

Did I win the internet?
*puts hard hat on* I saw a conversation taking place with Russell Elmes and one of the flag owners on Boxing Day. I tried to explain it further to said flag owner, that we were about to lose Glyn. He just refused to take it on board that the flags were the issue for a man with a multi-million pound brand. I also tried to explain the effect it was having on other sponsors and potential sponsors. Again, he just refused to understand the potential damage the flags could do to the club. ‘Let me talk to them’ was the response.

My involvement is that I sent a text to Glyn not to take action on the flags back in September/October as id been ‘reliably informed that any action would backfire’. He was upset about the flags and I tried to convey this to as many people as possible.
Look at the abuse I’ve received on here about mentioning the flags!
I always understood it was not the club’s plan to issue an outright ban to the flag owners, they hoped the owners of the flags would see sense.

I showed a number of these texts to people on Saturday. I am not allowed to post them on here but if anyone would like to see them, please talk to me at the next home game.
dagger4eva

Theres a big and important difference between Glyn and Bennett merely asking for the flags to stop and an almost ultimatum that there would be consequences if they didnt stop.

Im not talking of consequences by means of a threat of action against the owners but that they are damaging to Glyn and may prompt him to pull out if they continued.

Did Glyn make that case absolutely clear because I dont believe he did.

--------------

And Mike's article.... no-one going to ahem elaborate further????
Alan

dagger4eva wrote:Im not talking of consequences by means of a threat of action against the owners but that they are damaging to Glyn and may prompt him to pull out if they continued.
Isn’t that what Merge says she said on Boxing Day?
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Theres a big and important difference between Glyn and Bennett merely asking for the flags to stop and an almost ultimatum that there would be consequences if they didnt stop.

Im not talking of consequences by means of a threat of action against the owners but that they are damaging to Glyn and may prompt him to pull out if they continued.

Did Glyn make that case absolutely clear because I dont believe he did.
And people don't believe the flag nonsense is a contributory factor here?

A decent number of our fans are total idiots.

"Our new investor and owner doesn't like these flags. Let's get some more made up, that'll be a larrrrf!"
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagger4eva

He resigned as a director before Boxing day.
Diggerthedog

dagger4eva wrote:He resigned as a director before Boxing day.
End of October he advised those ITK he was pulling out.
Alan

The whole thing is rather pathetic on all sides.

I don’t like your flag and you can’t bring it in the ground.

Well I’m going to take it to away games.

We don’t want you to take it to away games. We have told other clubs we’ve banned it.

How dare you email other clubs about our flags. You need to meet with us to discuss our flags.

We did not email all the clubs.

Yes you did.

No we didn’t.

Yes you did, here’s proof.

That’s a fake.

So it is.

You never met with us to discuss the flags.

We did. We asked you not to take them to away games, we offered to pay for replacement flags.

I’m pulling out because these flags might stop people buying cars from me.

Well, you never told us you might pull out, we’d have definitely listened to you if we knew that.

That’s about the long and short of it.
Diggerthedog

Think you all need to move on now. Nothing will change the current scenario, what's happened is history time to build for the future.
Daggernewbie

Diggerthedog wrote:Think you all need to move on now. Nothing will change the current scenario, what's happened is history time to build for the future.
I agree with you lets move forward but you more than likely still get certain people that will keep going on about the flags.
Auntie Merge

dagger4eva wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:Mike the Dagger a genuine few questions to you whilst you are awaiting answers to questions you have asked.
On Feb 06 you put up a link to a piece you wrote on your opinion on recent events which resulted in replies that it was a fair reflection of what had been going on. Responses to your opinion piece were also fairly well received.
By Feb 08 your piece was no longer available to be viewed by members of the forum. You were asked on the same thread where has your opinion piece gone but you have omitted to answer.

Were you asked by any board member to remove it? Have you still belief in what you wrote? Are you likely to repost it anytime soon?
By the way another recent link you posted Twohundredpercent in my opinion was another balanced and well written article.
I was asked to remove it, but not by a board member. Let the guessing games commence!

I do still believe most of what I wrote is correct and at some point in the future I will write another item with the facts as I have them now. It kicked off a decent debate though and got people talking to me. so nothing lost.
Im hoping the person responsible for the request to remove the article will come out into the open on here with an explanation of why

There is no big mystery or secret; I don’t know why people are acting like there is.
It was me. I suggested that Glyn might be having second thoughts and he was unlikely to do that with such an article online, and asked Mike to think of the club. Which he did.
dagger4eva

"Such an article"

Sorry, like one that one pretty accurate, well balanced and seemed to pretty much just deal with the facts + abit of Mike's own personal opinion.

Or did you have a different take on what kind of an article it was?
Auntie Merge

Such an article - from a Daggers supporter on a Daggers supporter’s website as opposed to something written from someone outside the club.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Think you all need to move on now. Nothing will change the current scenario, what's happened is history time to build for the future.
I agree with you lets move forward but you more than likely still get certain people that will keep going on about the flags.
Funny how we always reach the "lets move on" point just when the argument is heading the other way....
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:

There is no big mystery or secret; I don’t know why people are acting like there is.
It was me. I suggested that Glyn might be having second thoughts and he was unlikely to do that with such an article online, and asked Mike to think of the club. Which he did.[/quote]

Pretty much everyone on that thread with Mikes article thought it was a balanced and well written one.

Absolutely no need for it to be removed.

Interesting mike said it was nobody on here who asked him to remove it. A strange lie.