What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

DagenHammer87 wrote:I love the hypothetical idea of this thread... There are some absolute ******** brilliant ideas knocking around. Really well done all.

Ideas that won't cost millions, ideas that are real and have foundations and show perhaps a little that the fans have been taken for granted for a little while.

Are there any plans for us to take these to the board? Would us supporters be able to pressure the club into listening to us?

The last few months have been about a scrap metal TOWIE merchant and a bloke banging about in an old Micra... Really, this club is about US. Without us this club is nothing. They make out like it's not but then get the begging bowl out for you to come along and bring everyone you know when the crowds dwindle.

Let's face facts, ST is going nowhere for a while - but we can make them listen. Not one for protests or anything over stuff like this but I think we need to make the board listen.

Surely the supporters club should be driving this. Make a list of reasonable changes the club can make relatively quickly and easily and then get everyone on board.

I'm giving serious consideration to joining the supporters club - I really am. Dagenham has been a big part of my life for a very long time. I bring my daughter and in time my son will come along too. I want them to feel that same sense of belonging that I felt when I walked through that door for the first time.

Happy to help out where I can with this.
Your point about the supporters club driving this ,the amount of times we have requested meeting with the board with a cross section of supporters keeps falling on deaf ears.
Chigwellian

Is there any reason why we can’t sell a parking season ticket for the car park at the ground?
I know tranmere does it.
Or pay £3 for a match day space ..
Alan

I’ve suggested this before. Got to be worth looking at.
ThatRoundThing

Alan wrote:I’ve suggested this before. Got to be worth looking at.
The car park doesn’t actually have that many vacant spaces after playing staff, directors,away team directors, club members, sponsors, match day staff, stewards and officials have taken their allocated spaces. I asked the same question and that was the answer I was given.
Alan

From a business perspective, if you’ve got spaces you could be charging for, giving them away free to match day staff who could park for free in the surrounding streets doesn’t make much sense.
dagger4eva

It also doesnt make sense for people to pay anything to park at the club m, when as you say, there are spaces on the surrounding streets they can park in for free.
Alan

Yet there are people, me amongst them, who would pay to have a guaranteed spot.
NBDag

Alan wrote:From a business perspective, if you’ve got spaces you could be charging for, giving them away free to match day staff who could park for free in the surrounding streets doesn’t make much sense.
From a business perspective, I’d rather ensure my staff are on time and not late because they’re struggling to get parked in the backroads. Imagine the uproar on here about unprofessionalism if the bar opened 10 mins late because staff were struggling to park. As long as you give the club £3 to save yourself from the horror of walking 5 mins extra to the ground though!
Dagger42

Stick the away fans in the Bury Road end and let the home fans in sieve access to the bar. Line the drinks up ready for sale at half time buy one pint get one free. Bring back old crest but take off heraldry just have shield but make it larger.
Daggernewbie

Dagger42 wrote:Stick the away fans in the Bury Road end and let the home fans in sieve access to the bar. Line the drinks up ready for sale at half time buy one pint get one free. Bring back old crest but take off heraldry just have shield but make it larger.
Fine idea but are you prepared to pay more money to access it like they do now.
Dagger42

you can still have separate terrace and seat price. The extra cost is for being able to sit Carling pay more than TBS but they have no access to the bar.
Daggernewbie

Dagger42 wrote:you can still have separate terrace and seat price. The extra cost is for being able to sit Carling pay more than TBS but they have no access to the bar.
Just to put another spanner in the works how would they be able to tell where you come from when you finished your half time plastic pint of beer not been funny with you just like to know how you would work it.
Dagger42

Stewards can put a sash on you like school sports days Red for seats blue for standing.
Alan

NBDag wrote:
Alan wrote:From a business perspective, if you’ve got spaces you could be charging for, giving them away free to match day staff who could park for free in the surrounding streets doesn’t make much sense.
From a business perspective, I’d rather ensure my staff are on time and not late because they’re struggling to get parked in the backroads. Imagine the uproar on here about unprofessionalism if the bar opened 10 mins late because staff were struggling to park. As long as you give the club £3 to save yourself from the horror of walking 5 mins extra to the ground though!
1. Staff normally arrive before the punters, so parking should be much easier; 2. That’s the spirit, let’s find as many obstacles as we can to raising money and improving the match day experience, why change anything, it’s all working so well.
canveydagger

Chigwellian wrote:Is there any reason why we can’t sell a parking season ticket for the car park at the ground?
I know tranmere does it.
Or pay £3 for a match day space ..
Don't think the club can charge a fee for parking at the ground as the council own the land, so i was told a few years ago by some of the stewards. say they might be wrong but that what they told me when i asked about car parking.