Johny Judas.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Legend yes,doing it again with Luton now.Good luck to him.Always will be part of Dagenham folklore,quite rightly.I accept he needed a "new project" and the money for his retirement but anyone thinking his last 2 seasons with us were anything other than shit really has let nostalgia get the better of them.Pre league 1 and even the Lg 1 season he did his best and that's the great John Still Id like to be remembering,but instead forever etched on my memory is the boring pointless hoofball and playing knackered old journeymen(1 point out of a possible 54 was it?) should have got him the sack and the way he left will always have blotted his copybook.Should have seen out the end of last season even if that meant going down and he'd have salvaged a bit of credibility.

I am Waynes biggest fan,the way he's got on with it and changed the style of play,kept us safe another season with these youngsters is an honourable achievement.Yeah he's made a few rickets and im on 'em straight away but all you John Still worshippers must realise his time was long gone.The club didn't have the balls to out him when it was most needed.A lesson they learnt the hard way.You can see Thommo has been left with a certain amount of pain over the affair where Old Johny J shafted us all sideways with his sudden departure. Only Thommo wants us to thrash Luton more than me next season.Theres more than friendly rivalry at stake there for sure.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

I like the term "healthy contract" he had with us Arnu.

All this Daggers are my team bollocks, looks like nobody would have paid him what we did until desperate Luton did.

Makes me laugh Arnu here we have a team built from nothing at least making a fist of it and we still have supporters having a pop at the new regime.

One poster on one thread moaning about our poor home form and then on another thread reckons that success last time did nothing but damage when it was achieved

Any improvement on our home form and we could have thought about not only play offs but automatic Promotion, that would have scared the life out of some of our supporters.

It was 4 points out of 51 in the period you talked about Arnu, it was only that because of an injury time goal against Crewe.

In them dark days we were getting beaten everywhere and any draw let alone winning be it home or away would have been taken. It only now been revealed that the Manager was being paid rather well to turn in such pathetic results.
NickMurphy

Is that your new catchphrase Arnu?

"I'm Wayne's biggest fan"?
DI Mike Dashwood

While I like a lot of what Arnu says, I am not sure about the point of this thread??

This topic has been done to death so many times!! I actually agree with a lot of the points, but not sure why you would bring it up now?? So we all know the "I'm a Dager" (spelling deliberate) was now a load of tosh, we all know he forced the Club's hand to earn himself a large retirement fund, but I am over it now, and I guess most others will be.

He will get Luton up, they will do ok for a couple of years then lose their way and people will get bored with the style, he will be moved out and be able to count his pennies. Fair play to him if thats what he wants to do.
Richie

Bizarre thread. We win and are still in with a playoff shout and threads like this keep referring to the past
ARNU

Just reading some of the other threads and the downright blatant anti-wayne stuff prompted this one.People getting all goo-ey eyed over John Stills tenure preffering it to Waynes regardless of how well he's done with less players and probably less money.As I stated JS was a legend but nothing he did since league 1 promotion really eclipses anything Waynes done since.Yet all the bleating about Burnett being not upto it and his stats not being better by much in his 1st full season I find quite hard to tolerate really.This thread is pro Wayne Burnett and I think it can only get better next season.I reckon there will be moaners even if we get in the play-offs too(What drugs are they on?).Personally I think the club should negotiate WB a longer contract now as he will attracting offers in the closed season.Maybe we'd get something a bit better in compensation than some iffy away fixture with pikey luton next time.If still was such a "Great Dagger" he'd have put some of his judas money back into the club as compensation for his disgracefull exit.
leewilson

This again...... :roll:
davei

Okay Arnu, two things. Firstly, if you are trying to wind up story teller Vindelot, you are on the wrong forum. Secondly, it's over my friend, move on..............
ARNU

davei wrote:Okay Arnu, two things. Firstly, if you are trying to wind up story teller Vindelot, you are on the wrong forum. Secondly, it's over my friend, move on..............
Vindelot reads everything on here.Spends his whole life on the other forum telling the other 3 that still use it how crap WB is,still banging on about Jake reed and calls us divs forum on a daily basis oh and reports every word uttered on here to largely,himself .I know its over Davei and thank god or any other supernatural hocus pocus that it is.Now what about that roof ??
DI Mike Dashwood

I must be missing something. I can't find any anti Wayne stuff anyway, and rightly so, the bloke has done an amazing job, whatever happens in last 6 games.

I don't think anyone is arguing with the sentiment on Still (some of his disciples will I suppose), but are just wondering why you have bought it up again Arnu.
ARNU

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I must be missing something. I can't find any anti Wayne stuff anyway, and rightly so, the bloke has done an amazing job, whatever happens in last 6 games.

I don't think anyone is arguing with the sentiment on Still (some of his disciples will I suppose), but are just wondering why you have bought it up again Arnu.
I suppose its about interpretation really.Its like some were expecting a Jose Mourhino type regime overnight from Wayne where we'd win 5-0 every week despite ol Stilly taking the coaching and scouting staff with him to Luton.Then theres constant digs at the attendances this year like we can all suddenly double ourselves just by turning up.(That's easier to take if I weren't there every week doing my bit).I suppose my dig was in answer to old Vindalot,but to put it up on the old forum would only get about 3 people to notice it,here is the right place if you want to be heard if only to be dismissed as a nutter :lol:
Phippo

ARNU wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I must be missing something. I can't find any anti Wayne stuff anyway, and rightly so, the bloke has done an amazing job, whatever happens in last 6 games.

I suppose its about interpretation really.Its like some were expecting a Jose Mourhino type regime overnight from Wayne where we'd win 5-0 every week despite ol Stilly taking the coaching and scouting staff with him to Luton.Then theres constant digs at the attendances this year like we can all suddenly double ourselves just by turning up.(That's easier to take if I weren't there every week doing my bit).I suppose my dig was in answer to old Vindalot,but to put it up on the old forum would only get about 3 people to notice it,here is the right place if you want to be heard if only to be dismissed as a nutter :lol:
You don't need to justify why you start a thread Arnu (even if the subjects been done to death) ! At least it appears to get people "debating" an issue ! :D
davei

Arnu wrote "Vindelot reads everything on here. Spends his whole life on the other forum telling the other 3 that still use it how crap WB is, still banging on about Jake reed and calls us divs forum on a daily basis oh and reports every word uttered on here to largely, himself .I know its over Davei and thank god or any other supernatural hocus pocus that it is. Now what about that roof ??"

ha ha, nice one. Says it all really...................
DagenHammer87

We've all had a bit of time to get over this. At the end of the day, we haven't exactly heard the other side of the argument. Was it Gayle's sale that broke the camel's back.

I agree with a lot of people saying that he led a very charmed life taking such a small number of points from that many games. The question is however, could the board release that sort of money to sack him? He had a couple of years on his deal probably and would've been entitled to probably most of the Gayle fee we initially received.

The whole affair did leave us with a bitter after taste, but he did after all bring Wayne into the club and was probably involved in helping that transition.

I certainly won't boo him next season. He did us a favour - saved a lot of cash on a sacking, went when he was probably on his way in the summer and left when his heart was clearly no longer in it - that alone is the biggest of a large cocktail of disaster. Stay when you dont want to and it would've been certain relegation and financial ruin.

Don't be bitter guys - he did the job, didn't balls it up too badly for us (we're still a league club) and after all that, his network wasn't really his was it? It was ours. We've signed talent in Rhys, Zav and some of the other lads that are flair players (whether they worked or not). Who's he signed? Old has beens that he knows from his time here. All that cash and the best they could come up with (and no disrespect to them) was Benno, Griffiths, Taiwo. Hardly earth shattering. Onwards and upwards and hopefully next year they get a four or five goal tanking off us.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's the very concept of a forum - I just hope Arnu has enough stock of tea light candles for his Wayne shrine ;)
Chigwellian

Hahaha I liked your last comment .... Good one :)