Shades Of 2010?!?!?!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Now, I will no doubt be shot down in flames, but yesterday reminded me of one or two games towards the end of the 09/10 season!!!

Burton springs to mind where a mad last minute goal got us three points?? Now, that season we finished up with 70 points, which got us seventh place, and we would need to win 5 and drawn one of our games to get that total again this season. However, I don't think 70 will be needed for 7th this season, and it may be that 68 or 69 is enough, so 4 wins and 2 draws or 5 wins and a defeat. Who knows!!! Now I can't work it out, but someone may be able to say how many points off the top 7 we were with 6 to play in 2010??

Anyway, people can say going up would be bad, and that we are only worried about getting safe, but you have to have some ambition and look forward. If we win 5 of these last 6 games, I would be surprised it that doesn't get us in the top 7. And look at our fixtures. We play all of the bottom 4 over the next 5 games. People say thats bad as they have something to play for, but if you are in the bottom 4 after 40 games, then you are not that great!!!

Now, we may put in our normal poor performance at Adams Park next week and this post will look like a load of nonsense, but if we were to win next week then the Pompey game will become a huge one for both sides.
matt_drfc

I still think we can do it!
DI Mike Dashwood

There is one then, good stuff!!!

End of the day, who knows what may happen next year or the year after so you have to believe and hope when you have the chance!!!
matt_drfc

Exactly, I'm not for all this "we're not ready" stuff.
Richie

Top post Mike. I had a look at next week's matches, alot of tough ones for those we're now competing with, a win at Wycombe and we'll be 2 or 3 points off I reckon.

Get yourself to Wycombe ladies & gents!
Lcbdagger

I still maintain that even tenth would be far beyond our dreams for this season... saying that though, if Liverpool have a chance of winning the Premier League then League Two playoffs aren't out of our reach!
SUSSEX DAGGER

There is a load of fixtures to be played between teams that are in the current top ten. Southend ,York, Oxford all have at least three games with teams still with ambitions of promotion.

This is going to go down to the wire and this year we may have one ear on a radio or one eye on the smartphone like we did last year during our last game. This year hopefully it will be for far better reasons so lets all rejoice in that.
DI Mike Dashwood

Exactly my thoughts Sussex. Last three years, games at this stage have been spent checking phones and radios (one or two people do still take them!!!) and it will be nice if we are winning on Saturday to be looking out for other scores because it effects our chances of going up, rather than down.

Six games, six cup finals (potentially), four big home crowds (potentially), lets try and enjoy it!!!
dagger4eva

Sorry Dashers, as soon as my last post had gone through l saw this one. And so yes, im a believer too!

That 2010 campaign does feel very similar. Never forget those 2 last gasp spectacular winners ... "Montgomeryyyyyyyyyyyy"
shoreyda2nd

Did we really get 70 points when we went up? For some reason I had it in my head that we got 7th with 67 points..

We have got a chance, albeit a slim one. A loss next week and we're out of it, a draw would depend on other results. Either way it's been a successful season for us.
Mike the Dagger

We got 72 points actually.

If only there was a website... etc http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324599
Masked Man

2010? Chasing games looking like the proverbial dogshit, unable to score in a brothel.

Marvellous Monty came to the rescue, twice, from the bench to fire us into the play offs!

Who's gonna step up this season? :roll:
matt_drfc

Masked Man wrote:2010? Chasing games looking like the proverbial dogshit, unable to score in a brothel.

Marvellous Monty came to the rescue, twice, from the bench to fire us into the play offs!

Chris Dickson? Or am I hoping for too much. Probably hoping for too much lol
Masked Man

matt_drfc wrote:
Masked Man wrote:2010? Chasing games looking like the proverbial dogshit, unable to score in a brothel.

Chris Dickson? Or am I hoping for too much. Probably hoping for too much lol
Go directly to Jail. Do not pass go and do not collect £200!!