Safety

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
USADAGGER nick

I would just like people to know that with a win and a Northampton loss/draw or a draw and Northampton loss we mathematically achieve one more year of football league.
Dagger83

We're probably mathematically safe already as there's lots of games between teams below us so they can't all catch us.

Not that it matters, you'd get silly odds on us going down now 'cause it just ain't going to happen.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
USADAGGER nick

You know you might be right in the fact that teams below us play each other but I'm looking at straight mathematics. The most points at this moment the 2nd to bottom place can get is 58 points. Therefore if we gain 3 on Saturday and Northampton lose the opportunity for 2/3 or we gain one and they lose the opportunity to gain 3; we will be automatically safe, no matter the results in the rest of the season
matt_drfc

This is pointless though, we are NOT getting relegated. Forget it
davei

Can anyone tell me how many seasons it has been since we have been able to say at this stage of the season we are safe from relegation. And actually, how many seasons has it been that we have consistently been in the upper half/mid table of the division.

And, who, other than a few of us, actually thought it would happen.
matt_drfc

davei wrote:Can anyone tell me how many seasons it has been since we have been able to say at this stage of the season we are safe from relegation. And actually, how many seasons has it been that we have consistently been in the upper half/mid table of the division.

And, who, other than a few of us, actually thought it would happen.
1. 4 seasons ago.

2. 5 seasons ago we finished 8th, 4 seasons ago we finished 7th.

Depends on what you mean by consistently though. I think when Still took over, every season we finished higher than the previous season. Only went downhill when we got relegated from League 1 finished lower and lower both seasons.

Going by Still's reign we should miss play offs this season, and get play offs next season.
USADAGGER nick

I can honestly say that every season since I've been a supporter, we've had something to play for the final day of the season. I can also honestly say that I hope it continues this year