Today

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog
Posts: 2644
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Today

Post by Diggerthedog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Why is Glyn Hopkin still advertised around the ground? Surely the reason of pulling out was to dissociate yourself with the the club, strange that.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2172
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Today

Post by Mike the Dagger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:20 pm

dagger4eva wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:42 pm
Take the unlikely scenario that a new, willing investor is found.

They would presumably have to pay X amount for each of the available shares in order to assume control.

By Glyn seemingly giving away 19% of his shares to ST/DB – they would presumably then be eligible for a increased pay out from the new investor.
And if not, why not?

Also, the question is, why Glyn has chosen to give away the 19% ?

Invest a Million.
Effectively pull out in Oct/Nov.
Go ahead anyway and sign the final takeover docs in Dec.
Pull out officially just minutes later and instantly reduce your shareholding.

How does any of that make any logical, business sense?
Well that was a waste of breath trying to explain what is going on then wasn't it. Sigh!

Adrian
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Today

Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 pm

dagger4eva wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:42 pm
Take the unlikely scenario that a new, willing investor is found.

They would presumably have to pay X amount for each of the available shares in order to assume control.

By Glyn seemingly giving away 19% of his shares to ST/DB – they would presumably then be eligible for a increased pay out from the new investor.
And if not, why not?

Also, the question is, why Glyn has chosen to give away the 19% ?

Invest a Million.
Effectively pull out in Oct/Nov.
Go ahead anyway and sign the final takeover docs in Dec.
Pull out officially just minutes later and instantly reduce your shareholding.

How does any of that make any logical, business sense?
If Hopkin doesn't want to retain majority ownership then his shares need to go somewhere.
He can't just give them up as it would throw out the members holding %.
Easiest thing to do is split them between the other existing shareholders so they end up in a similar position to before it.

Any investor isn't going to be spending a lot of money on the shares. If they were, then they'd have just been giving money to Hopkin anyway and not putting anything in to the club.
What they'll be doing is paying something to get the shares but also committing to putting more as some sort of funding in to the club. The shares themselves are worth very little in the real world.

With regard to it not making logical business sense, investing anything in a football club makes no logical business sense. They're money pits and very rarely give investors any return.
Most of the money had already been spent, so going through with the final transaction probably made no real difference to him, and might have given him some chance of getting some his money back.

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2644
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Today

Post by Diggerthedog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Most the money has not been spent as it was not available to spend in the first place. Looking forward to asking the current board all to resign over this right mess on Thursday, if I'm allowed to attend of course :ban:

Alan
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Today

Post by Alan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Excellent news - the money hadn’t been spent. Call off the panic everyone, the club has unspent money lying around. All we need is DtD to sniff out where we left it.

Adrian
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Today

Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm
Most the money has not been spent as it was not available to spend in the first place. Looking forward to asking the current board all to resign over this right mess on Thursday, if I'm allowed to attend of course :ban:
How did Hopkin invest £1m without spending it?

Who do you want to replace the current board?

dagger4eva
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Today

Post by dagger4eva » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:21 pm

I dunno about who should replace the current board BUT as Mike himself said in the original article (before taking it down) -
Once this whole sorry affair is done and dusted, all of the current board should consider their positions.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2172
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Today

Post by Mike the Dagger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:36 pm

dagger4eva wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:21 pm
I dunno about who should replace the current board BUT as Mike himself said in the original article (before taking it down) -
Once this whole sorry affair is done and dusted, all of the current board should consider their positions.
He says that in the current version too. Consistency, who'd have thought it.

dagger4eva
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Today

Post by dagger4eva » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Awwwww ok - tbf I didnt even read the new one yet.

Glad the point still stands unchanged though :D

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2644
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Today

Post by Diggerthedog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Adrian wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:02 pm
Diggerthedog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm
Most the money has not been spent as it was not available to spend in the first place. Looking forward to asking the current board all to resign over this right mess on Thursday, if I'm allowed to attend of course :ban:
How did Hopkin invest £1m without spending it?

Who do you want to replace the current board?
Edited by Admin: personal abuse is not welcome here.

Adrian
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Today

Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 pm
Adrian wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:02 pm
Diggerthedog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm
Most the money has not been spent as it was not available to spend in the first place. Looking forward to asking the current board all to resign over this right mess on Thursday, if I'm allowed to attend of course :ban:
How did Hopkin invest £1m without spending it?

Who do you want to replace the current board?
Wow.
Edited by admin to remove personal abuse.

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2644
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Today

Post by Diggerthedog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:04 pm

:devil:

Post Reply